Summer caching events

niknrich

How'do folks!

I know it's a bit early, but...

I'm currently organising a get-together for some friends this summer, and wanted to check in advance whether any events are likely to be planned for the weekends of 4th/5th July or 11th/12th July?

We don't want to miss out by double-booking ourselves, so please post here if you have any plans or are aware of anyone else's!

Cheers!

niknrich

Normally we are the 2nd week in June, however due to the way its worked out this year we are holding our 5th COC during the first weekend in June (5th, 6th and 7th).

Also this year we are Northward bound (after 2 years "darn sarf") and heading towards Whitby - we can't wait!!

As always - pray for sunshine people, pray for sunshine!! :rolleyes:

House of Boo

Normally we are the 2nd week in June, however due to the way its worked out this year we are holding our 5th COC during the first weekend in June (5th, 6th and 7th).

Also this year we are Northward bound (after 2 years "darn sarf") and heading towards Whitby - we can't wait!!

As always - pray for sunshine people, pray for sunshine!! :D

Whitby.... Sunshine..... Don't you know Vampires don't like the light :angry:

We'll be there!

I may hold some Fox Hunts this summer, I'll have to put my thinking cap on.

As always - pray for sunshine people, pray for sunshine!! :)

House of Boo

I don't know about the campsites very close to Whitby but we have used this one many times..

Basic but good and pretty cheap..

http://www.abbotshouse.org.uk/

As always - pray for sunshine people, pray for sunshine!! :)

House of Boo

Excellent! - long weekend booked off work. See you all there :huh:

As always - pray for sunshine people, pray for sunshine!! :huh:

House of Boo

Oh no! We thought it would be the following w/e and we´ve booked our anniversary trip to the Lakes for the week ending the 7th! :)

We´ll see what we can do about coming across for the Sat/Sun - don´t want to miss out again!

Oh no nicknrich - sorry!! Hopefully you can make it!!

Thanks for the info Madyokel - this shall be added into the list of campsites to consider!! :)

House of Boo

No problem... As I said it's a basic site but friendly. The village is popular due to the "Heartbeat" filming.. Pubs are fine.. The campsite does battery charging and they have a few caravans they will drag up to the fields if you would rather "Tin" tent it withot taking your own..

On a very plus side.. If you are in one of the bottom fields you get to see the steam trains passing by very close.

i hope to old mine again august time but im all the way dawwwwnnnnn saaaarrrrrfffff so wont make much diffrents to most of ya northerners ha ha ha

lmn

I hope Sam DOES have hers again, and I hope people come to it this year..... It was great last year, fabulous site and some lovely caches!

It might be far away, but it was well worth it - it only took me 5 hours each way!!!!

Oh no nicknrich - sorry!! Hopefully you can make it!!

We'll do our best! We're currently discussing how we can fit the camping gear as well as a week's worth of self-catering/walking stuff in our car! We may have to be cheeky and share other campers' cooking facilities etc but we should be able to manage it. It would only be for the Saturday night/Sunday though as we're in Coniston until Sat morning - unless folks are staying on longer.

i hope to old mine again august time but im all the way dawwwwnnnnn saaaarrrrrfffff so wont make much diffrents to most of ya northerners ha ha ha

lmn

I hope Sam DOES have hers again, and I hope people come to it this year..... It was great last year, fabulous site and some lovely caches!

It might be far away, but it was well worth it - it only took me 5 hours each way!!!!

Now you know how us Southerners feel about travelling to most of the other events! :D It would be great for more cachers to come down to Sam's event, it was fab last year!

Edited by LucyLocket10