Yippeeeee.... no more work.

Pharisee

Just had it confirmed... As of the end of February I'll be joining the ranks of the idle retired :laughing: I was planning to finish work a little later in the year but the chance of voluntary redundancy came up and I grabbed it with both hands. :laughing::laughing:

Now perhaps I'll have time to expand and develop one or two of the ideas for "bl**dy Pharisee caches" that have been fermenting at the back of my mind for quite some time. Who knows, perhaps Mad Igor will wreak revenge on an unsuspecting world after all :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Glad you're so pleased about redundancy...

To be honest, I find it insensitive to celebrate something that's hanging over up to fifty of my colleagues (myself included) and, I've no doubt, many other forum readers, some of whom could be in the situation of losing their houses.

Edited by rutson

To be honest, I find it insensitive to celebrate something that's hanging over up to fifty of my colleagues (myself included) and, I've no doubt, many other forum readers, some of whom could be in the situation of losing their houses.

Hey... it was my choice and I'm very happy about it, thank you very much. I shall celebrate it with much laughter and quaffing of ale and quite honestly, Ian, if you don't like it you know exactly what you can do and I'll lose absolutely no sleep over it. [Note the absence of any smilies this time. That was intentional]

Just had it confirmed... As of the end of February I'll be joining the ranks of the idle retired :laughing: I was planning to finish work a little later in the year but the chance of voluntary redundancy came up and I grabbed it with both hands. :laughing::laughing:

Now perhaps I'll have time to expand and develop one or two of the ideas for "bl**dy Pharisee caches" that have been fermenting at the back of my mind for quite some time. Who knows, perhaps Mad Igor will wreak revenge on an unsuspecting world after all :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Well done for surviving this long. Hope that we get your presence down this neck of the woods again sometime, though you can keep those Bl%%%% Pharisee caches up there :laughing:

Congratulations John! (Early) Retirement being quite a different kettle of fish from redundancy, I'm very happy to wish you all the best with the micro-brewery you will in time, no doubt, be inspired to build in your garage (devil makes work for idle hands!) and other time-filling fun-n-games beyond caching. People made redundant have job-hunting to keep them busy, of course... :laughing:

Good luck with your well-earned rest (if 24/7 caching is rest) and I'm also looking forward to what cunning caches you come up with :laughing:

Well done John I am really pleased for you. Well you are actually getting on a bit, it's about time really :laughing:

A very nasty post in my opinion. :laughing: With John taking early retirement through voluntary redundancy he has in fact possibly saved someone else's job. It is very harsh for those people who have lost or are about to lose their jobs and I really feel sorry for them. But to use it as an excuse to have a go at someone who has taken a companies offer that would have been put together to keep the company above the water level, is just quite simply low.

John,

Welcome to the fold! I was "given" early retirement at the grand old age of 50 - best thing that ever happened to me. Cleared up all the filing at home, did some voluntary work, and have never looked back.

The worst thing that happened was that I met up with "Dad" - but that's another story!

Have fun - (the secret is to keep the other half working)

Neil

Hey... it was my choice and I'm very happy about it, thank you very much. I shall celebrate it with much laughter and quaffing of ale and quite honestly, Ian, if you don't like it you know exactly what you can do and I'll lose absolutely no sleep over it. [Note the absence of any smilies this time. That was intentional]

Yes, I think that this is most insensitive :laughing:

Since I had min turned down :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Well done John I am really pleased for you. Well you are actually getting on a bit, it's about time really :laughing:

A very nasty post in my opinion. :laughing: With John taking early retirement through voluntary redundancy he has in fact possibly saved someone else's job. It is very harsh for those people who have lost or are about to lose their jobs and I really feel sorry for them. But to use it as an excuse to have a go at someone who has taken a companies offer that would have been put together to keep the company above the water level, is just quite simply low.

On reflection, I aplogise profusely, especially to John. A very good point Mr Hunter which I completely failed to consider. I read that post immediately after a heated discussion with my colleagues on mitigation strategies the upshot of which is that probably the best I can expect over the next few months is a wage cut of up to 30%.

My thought on redundancy are purely negative at the moment and a have real fears for my job. Unlike mortgage holders, I will get no help from the government to keep the roof over my head in the event of getting the chop.

I sincerely hope that you have a long and happy retirement John.

As has already been said by another slacker, I too took ealy, voluntary, redunancy around 7 years ago and have never looked back. I do a few occasional paid jobs but nothing that interferes with the important things in life.

You've made an excellent decision and I can assure you that you'll not regret it. As you've got all this spare time approaching, you know where I am so don't forget to drop by.

Peter

Unlike mortgage holders, I will get no help from the government to keep the roof over my head in the event of getting the chop.

Yes you will.... you just need to have a word with me... it's my job to advise people on stuff like this... I know to a lot of people I'm a dizzy blonde, but when it comes to my job, I know it inside out and back to front.

Next time you're in a better mood, grab me on MSN! :laughing:

Unlike mortgage holders, I will get no help from the government to keep the roof over my head in the event of getting the chop.

Yes you will.... you just need to have a word with me... it's my job to advise people on stuff like this... I know to a lot of people I'm a dizzy blonde, but when it comes to my job, I know it inside out and back to front.

Next time you're in a better mood, grab me on MSN! :laughing:

That's what I love about this pastime, is that there is always someone that is in the know and brightens your day up. Nice one Hazel :laughing:

Congratulations John.

I've been made redundant twice - once after 18 years employment, and then after another 11 years - both times it was definately the best thing that happened to me, despite all the initial worries.

I look forward to the unique and creative approach you may bring to bear in future cache placements, especially any Mad Igors...

:laughing:

Well done John I am really pleased for you. Well you are actually getting on a bit, it's about time really ;)

A very nasty post in my opinion. :( With John taking early retirement through voluntary redundancy he has in fact possibly saved someone else's job. It is very harsh for those people who have lost or are about to lose their jobs and I really feel sorry for them. But to use it as an excuse to have a go at someone who has taken a companies offer that would have been put together to keep the company above the water level, is just quite simply low.

On reflection, I aplogise profusely, especially to John. A very good point Mr Hunter which I completely failed to consider. I read that post immediately after a heated discussion with my colleagues on mitigation strategies the upshot of which is that probably the best I can expect over the next few months is a wage cut of up to 30%.

My thought on redundancy are purely negative at the moment and a have real fears for my job. Unlike mortgage holders, I will get no help from the government to keep the roof over my head in the event of getting the chop.

I sincerely hope that you have a long and happy retirement John.

No probs, Ian... we all get a bit 'het up' sometimes. :D

Well done John..... Enjoy it you must have been working for about 75 years aint it ??? :)

Seriously........... have a great time xxxxx

You're a cheeky mare, Vanessa. No it hasn't been 75 years although there's been times when it felt like it :anicute:

Many thanks for all the good wishes. I have a lot of plans but just can't decide in which order to tackle them but some caching trips to the more distant areas of the UK are certainly on the cards.