Garmin RoadTrip for Mac OSX

Paul_Aris

When ever I open the software I get this message: Your user data is corrupted, and its backup file is currupted. No user data will be loaded by Roadtrip.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Did you try to reinstall? I had a weird issue with Road Trip where it wouldn't open for one whole day...then it would. I don't know, it's been a champ since then.

When ever I open the software I get this message: Your user data is corrupted, and its backup file is currupted. No user data will be loaded by Roadtrip.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Did you try to reinstall? I had a weird issue with Road Trip where it wouldn't open for one whole day...then it would. I don't know, it's been a champ since then.

I threw the old copy in the trash along with webupdater. Reloaded both, and even the latest version of Garmin communicator. There has to be a preference or something that needs to be thrown in the trash. I did a search in the finder for Roadtrip and could not find anything other than the application itself.

Thanks for the help however, I still have the problem. After throwing the preference files away the software opens with out the user data is corrupt message. However, after connecting my Colorado 400T and selecting the Receive button. All of my data comes in from the GPS. After closing Roadtrip and reopening it I get the corrupt message. The waypoints can POI that came in are there but there tracks are missing. If a create a new folder and drag the track in the next time I open the program they are gone.

Any ideas?

In your user directory, look for:

Library > Preferences > com.garmin.RoadTrip.plist

Try here for User data:

../User/Library/Application Support/Garmin/RoadTrip/

Did you remove/replace the User Data or just the prefs?

Yes I did. I also upgraded the colorado from 2.8 to 2.9.