Lost booklet found around SK9 7AD - Cheshire UK.

MissJenn

Did you lose a booklet in which you keep your handwritten notes? We received the following message at Groundspeak:

I am not a member of your organisation but whilst walking I have found someone's booklet containing their geocaching notes.

Should I hand it in to the police or do you have some way of locating the owner? There is no information in the booklet to say who it belongs to - just their notes on the geocaching references

My local postcode is SK9 7AD - Cheshire UK

Anthony R

I'd like to attempt to connect Anthony with the proper owner of the book. If you think this is your booklet, please let me know.

Given the coordinates, I've peeked at who has done nearby caches recently (since October): not many.

They are: The Bean Family, Frizzy13, stevo185, Poynton Plodder, Grandad John, The Bolas Heathens, gushoneybun and trainSPLOTer

There were one or two newbies but as this is obviously a notebook crammed with details it wont be them. Most of those above are very active cachers and fit the bill of someone who might keep a notebook. Of those above only The Bolas Heathens and sometimes trainSPLOTer can be found in the forum.

I suggest MissJenn, you send a direct email to the above and asking if they know anyone who may have dropped / lost their 'geobook'.

good luck and thanks for the posting. :laughing:

I got sent this message as someone who has set some nearby caches (further north). If the finder has found it whilst out walking - then it's easily possible that the find was not at his home post-code - but some distance away. Might be useful to get some info about what is in the book to help identify its owner - e.g. it might have which caches have been done on what dates - which should make it straightforward to find.

Could it even be a log book from a specific cache that has somehow ended up some distance away?

Edited by RickyB_uk

Perhaps it would be better to get him to send it to a local cacher who might be able to read through the info and identify the owner.

I could possibly pick it up I suppose. I'm not particularly far away.

I've had a reply back from the finder saying that it contains a list of many GCXXXX numbers with their associated hints.

One of the ones mentioned it GC1HFQJ LS Lowry

I went around to pick up the little book from Anthony this morning - really nice chap, as you'd expect from the trouble he's taken over this.

It was found lying out in the open between Christmas and New Year near to GC1B5E3 - Teddy Bear's Picnic - Picnic Glade. It's in fine condition so cannot have been there long.

I've left a Note on that cache listing with a couple of pictures of it, but have easily narrowed it down to one likely owner, who I've also emailed.

Should soon be a happy ending... and maybe, just maybe, a new cacher in the area.