In Memoriam Elias – Charity Geocoin

xxmurdockxx

Hi to all cachers,

here is our Geocoin

"In Memoriam Elias – Charity Geocoin"

This coin is dedicated to our beloved son Elias

Not long ago we discovered geocaching and we instantly enjoyed it very much. We happened to pick up a geocoin in our first cache, which of course motivated us to continue. A few caches and coins later the idea was born to create our own coin.

We had two motives to make this coin:

First of all, we felt this was a good way to help keep the memory to our deceased son alive by sending a token out to the world and by telling other people about him.

In addition, we thought it was important to spread the word about the Child Hospice in Bad Groenenbach / Southern Germany and to support it by donating the entire proceeds of the sale.

The history of the coin:

On the 6th of November, 2003 Elias was born together with his twin brother as a premature infant, making us the happiest couple in the world. Everything was alright, until one week later when we received the diagnosis of a severe cardiac defect. In the following years we had great fears, but also many wonderful moments. On the 21st of October, 2005 Elias died absolutely unexpectedly in the morning after his third heart surgery.

In the hard time following his death we were looking for help and support. At this point in time the Child Hospice had just been built and, despite the fact that they had not officially opened yet, we received their support. We found the staff to be extremely helpful and kind. Until this day we keep close ties with the Child Hospice and Elias brother is still joining the “brothers and sisters” group.

Many people think of a child hospice as solely a place to comfort the last days in the life of a child. But this is just half the truth, as it is primarily a “house full of life”. Here, children can recover together with their families after spending time in a hospital.

The best is you take a look for yourselves:

http://www.kinderhospiz-nikolaus.de

The coin will come in the following editions:

• Shop-Edition LE, Antique silver, green, pieces 111, trackable
    Shop-Edition LE, Antique bronze, green, pieces 111, trackable
    Shop-Edition XLE, Antique gold, red, pieces 22, trackable
    Hospiz-Edition AE,Antique silver, red, pieces 33, non trackable, not for sale
    Private-Edition AE,Antique silver, blue, pieces 99, non trackable, not for sale

Trackable with own Icon: hospiz_icon_32.gif

Front: official logo of the child hospice 3D

Back: 3D-Relief of our son

Special feature: text on the edge

The XLE edition will be auctioned, so keep your eyes open!

The whole proceeds of the coin sales and the donations from the “private edition” will go to the child hospice. This is a limited edition.

The sell starts at 16.01.09 on http://www.mygeocoin.de

Many thanks go to Claudia for the great cooperation and advice.

xxmurdockxx with family

show-image_org-09011222514185.jpg

I have two daughters myself and can't begin to imagine the full impact of your loss. The Child Hospice sounds so wonderful... and they truely are a worthy cause. I'm sure these coins will go fast Thank you in advance for supporting the Child Hospice with the entire proceeds from the sale. :laughing:

Best regards, Tom

All I can say is I too have lost a child.

My little girl was six, and five days after a car accident I had to make the decision to turn off the machines. It was the worst day in my life.

I think this coin of yours is absolutely fantastic. While I will not participate in the auction, I would like one of the XLE coins to help out the kinderhospize.

This coin also gives me an idea for a coin, although not a memorial for my daughter, as I wouldn't know where to send the proceeds. The coin I am thinking about would go to the US Military's Fisher House or Wounded Warrior program.

Please pm me with details on the purchase of the coin

the brewmeister

Edited to add, I guess after rereading the post, I will be participating in the auction

Edited by brewmeister

All I can say is I too have lost a child.

My little girl was six, and five days after a car accident I had to make the decision to turn off the machines. It was the worst day in my life.

I think this coin of yours is absolutely fantastic. While I will not participate in the auction, I would like one of the XLE coins to help out the kinderhospize.

This coin also gives me an idea for a coin, although not a memorial for my daughter, as I wouldn't know where to send the proceeds. The coin I am thinking about would go to the US Military's Fisher House or Wounded Warrior program.

Please pm me with details on the purchase of the coin

the brewmeister

Edited to add, I guess after rereading the post, I will be participating in the auction

Hello brewmeister,

i´m so sorry to hear about your loss.

the auction of the coins will start next week.

i send you a message when the coin is on ebay.

best regards

xxmurdockxx

The coin turned out very well... The image is one of the best 3D images depicting a face that I have seen. I am sure you are proud of how well it turned out.

Its a sad story and I am sorry that Elias and your family went through that...what a hard time. :D

I hope the charity goes well, as it is quite a noble charity. My mother volunteered for Hospice and there is nothing in it for these folks other than the fact that they may have provided some level of comfort for the patient and the family...overall its a very sad and important position these volunteers put themselves in.

I hope your auctions go well and the memory of Elias lives on... I do not know how I would manage daily life without my little EmmaGem, So this coin hits pretty hard - Best of wishes

I was logged in and everything at 11:00 AM PST (8:00 PM UTC), when the site crashed... to many people trying to log in at once I guess. Here's the message I've been getting for the past twenty minutes:

"Diese Präsenz ist leider nicht verfügbar," which translates to, "This presence is not available." (presence meaning website). :rolleyes:

Hi,

so long... the next 3 Coins of the XLE are on ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=290295050615

and now i give you a special... :lol:

“Menkinger Familycacher” donated spontaneously a small selection of its Coins.

These are:

Flying V Geocoin (nickel/green)

Flying V Geocoin (bl.nickel/red)

Flying V Geocoin (gold/blue)

I Love Geocaching RE (black nickel)

I Love Geocaching SE (nickel)

I Love Geocaching LE (antique gold)

I Love Geocaching XLE (gold)

I Love Geocaching XXLE (gold)

The Lunchtime Gang SE (gold)

Matlock75`s V-1 RE (gold/green)

Matlock75`s V-1 RE (silver/blue)

Castle Man 2008 Geocoin “German Edition 2 Tone” LE

Deutsche Biercoin “2 Tone” SE

The Great Outdoors (antique gold)

When Pigs Fly LE (nickel)

and as absolute highlight one

Alaska 2008 Geocoin (reines Silber)

The “Flying V” and the “I Love Geocaching” is sold only as complete sets.

If you are interested in those coins please send me a mail with an offer.

Complete proceeds go to the child-hospice.

Many many thanks to “Menkinger Familycacher”

xxmurdockxx