Dual GPS Goecacher couple just starting out

smilealot

Hello all Cachers. First I hope this board isn't like many others I have experienced. Attacked or scrutinized at every turn by people who seem to think what they have to say or correct you on is more important. That being said I look forward to ennjoying this fun activity and meeting others both here on this forum and out in the field.

I am wondering if any others out there are using a Lowrance XOG. We use it with our Garmin Etrex Ledgend. The XOG has wonderful navigation to cache locations and the Garmin gets to the hands on spot. The XOG is a cross-over and can be used for marine, hand held and vehicle.

We have found 10 caches since starting and are going on a trip from north central wa to norther california in a couple days and will spend 2 days searching... :ninja:

Hello all Cachers. First I hope this board isn't like many others I have experienced. Attacked or scrutinized at every turn by people who seem to think what they have to say or correct you on is more important. That being said I look forward to ennjoying this fun activity and meeting others both here on this forum and out in the field.

I am wondering if any others out there are using a Lowrance XOG. We use it with our Garmin Etrex Ledgend. The XOG has wonderful navigation to cache locations and the Garmin gets to the hands on spot. The XOG is a cross-over and can be used for marine, hand held and vehicle.

We have found 10 caches since starting and are going on a trip from north central wa to norther california in a couple days and will spend 2 days searching... :grin:

No, no no,,, you're doing it all wrong. You need to get the platinum upgraded Gargellan super deluxe model gpsr for finding of those caches. On top of that, oh nevermind,,,,, :ninja:

Just kidding of course. Sounds like you have a good thing going already.

Welcome to the fun! :P

I read some favorable reviews on Lowrance GPSr's, but other products I've used from that company caused me to avoid sending them any more of my money. Granted, this was some time ago, and things may have changed. My experience with their poorly made products was exacerbated by their disappointing customer service.

The only hard & fast rule to Clan Riffter Geocaching is to have fun, and it looks like you're doing this just fine. :grin:

Welcome to the addiction! :ninja:

I read some favorable reviews on Lowrance GPSr's, but other products I've used from that company caused me to avoid sending them any more of my money. Granted, this was some time ago, and things may have changed. My experience with their poorly made products was exacerbated by their disappointing customer service.

The only hard & fast rule to Clan Riffter Geocaching is to have fun, and it looks like you're doing this just fine. :)

Welcome to the addiction! :P

:ninja: Thanks for your comments,

Rcman2 and I did try to find some in our snow cover land. With out really knowing what were doing we didn't find anything our first day out. Rcman2 took a little more time lurking around the web page and found it's right there telling you attributes showing snow flake.................silly us. Again Thanks smile :grin:

Why do that?

beep ... beep beep ... beep beep ... beep

OR

Turn right on Pine Street ... continue 2 miles ... turn left on Route 611 ... destination on right in 1/8 mile.

That's why I do it. :ninja:

Mio Moov 500 and DeLorme PN-40.

Edited by TurLee

Sometimes I like having my car GPSr drive me around in circles - I get to see a lot of sights that way! If you are going it alone, it's kind of hard to read even the screens on the Garmin handheld units - that's why I like the voice guided directions on my Garmin Nuvi. All I really need that for is to get me close enough to park. By the way - welcome aboard and good luck on your trip - you should be able to find quite a few caches along that route.

Welcome to the forum. After ten posts we get upgraded from a tadpole. The forum also has spell check.

Enjoy your caching. Remember to log in the car's location in the GPS, in case you get lost.

If you should find a TB with no restrictions in travel, send it east, towards NC.

I read all the time about people using two GPS units, one in the car and one handheld. Why do that? My 60CSx does routing and has a decent sized screen. True, it's not as big as Tom Toms and what not but it works for me.

I was caching with my wife on Saturday and we used dual GPS units. I did the routing and the finding with my 76CSx. My wife was the co-pilot and had the nüvi 760 on the dash. It had the caches - arrows pointing the direction to the caches and the actual direction (sw, etc.). Additionally it had the ENTIRE CACHE LISTING including the description, difficulty, terrain, hints, last 5 logs....... Very convenient. I used to use a Palm for that but this was way cool. I've actually used the nüvi as a caching device a few times when I didn't have the 76CSx with me (at work for instance) and I found every cache I looked for.

Hubby and I are a two GPS family, because it lets us be together.

He has wanted a GPS for the car for several years. Since we live in an area that is well mapped and has paved roads, there aren't many places we couldn't find our way home from when we go.

Once I started caching, he decided it isn't one of his favorite things to do, but would go with me on occasion. Each time, he wanted to use the Garmin while in the car as well as on the ground.

Simple solution? Got a Garmin for the car, plugged in the coords and he contentedly goes caching with me on a regular basis. The only drawback is that woman has an attitude! When she says "recalculating" I can almost see her rolling her eyes and giving one of those exasperated sighs that we women do.