Alien markings!?

linuxxpert

All deer are evil. They eat everything they can get their teeth on, except Japanese barberry. Morristown National Historic Park has 'deer enclosures' in two spots along the trails. Fenced in areas to keep the deer out. It shows what the forest would look like if the deer weren't eating everything except the Japanese barberry.

All joking aside the deer aren't evil. They are only doing what deer are built to do.

[quote name=

Vocabulary lessons aside anyone have any useful info?

~~~edit to add I'm hopefully done with this argotic thread jack~~~

oh.

was this such a serious thread that it required anyone's full attention?

For my part of that quote it just seemed that civility was headed south. Happens way too often around here, discouraging.

[quote name=

Vocabulary lessons aside anyone have any useful info?

~~~edit to add I'm hopefully done with this argotic thread jack~~~

oh.

was this such a serious thread that it required anyone's full attention?

I said I ughem they are trying to get home and stuff is getting distracting. :cry:

You'll also note I said "I'm hopefully done"

Edited by Vater_Araignee

All deer are evil. They eat everything they can get their teeth on, except Japanese barberry. Morristown National Historic Park has 'deer enclosures' in two spots along the trails. Fenced in areas to keep the deer out. It shows what the forest would look like if the deer weren't eating everything except the Japanese barberry.

According to the Alabama Fish and Wildlife game census the area I will be hunting this week averages 45 deer per acre, yet the forests and farmers get along just fine. Most of the complaints come from suburbanites around the cities with flower gardens!

According to the Alabama Fish and Wildlife game census the area I will be hunting this week averages 45 deer per acre, yet the forests and farmers get along just fine. Most of the complaints come from suburbanites around the cities with flower gardens!

Good Gawd 45 deer per ACRE???? Should be able to get one with a sharpened stick

another forum hiccup... but I can add that they don't like daffodils but love hostas and tulips... There are lists on the web of deer resistant shrubs and flowers.. and there is one spray that works for me if I remember to apply it every couple weeks.

Edited by edscott

Good Gawd 45 deer per ACRE????

Hmm, 45 deer per acre means each deer is sustained by a patch of ground 31x 31 feet. Seems unlikely?

4.5 deer per acre would be high side believable. On ground with supplemental feeding and special deer friendly management 6.5 deer per acre is considered possible.

Tree stands, shooting lanes....

Hmm, 45 deer per acre means each deer is sustained by a patch of ground 31x 31 feet. Seems unlikely?

4.5 deer per acre would be high side believable. On ground with supplemental feeding and special deer friendly management 6.5 deer per acre is considered possible.

Looking at deer density data from Alabama, it would be likely the number is 45 deer per square mile, which is still quite high, but possible.

Edited by Klatch

Looking at deer density data from Alabama, it would be likely the number is 45 deer per square mile, which is still quite high, but possible.

I could just hear all of michigan planning it's trip till that was pointed out. :cry:

I could just hear all of michigan planning it's trip till that was pointed out. :cry:

Opps, looked at the map legend again, square mile is correct, sorry!

Opps, looked at the map legend again, square mile is correct, sorry!

We where gonna team up with Uncle Ted as our general an wipe out your population so we could keep our hunting tourism.

All the better deer stands in northeast PA are up high. My husband's is about 20' up. Many people build permanent stands on four support legs sunk into cement footers. One guy I know had a little woodstove and an old loveseat in his. When the other guys in the hunting club got mad at him, then used a chainsaw to cut all four legs, then pulled it down with a truck. These things are passed down through families like prime real estate!

Sorry everyone, I looked at the imagery incorrectly. The cache that I said is an overlook is indeed at an overlook. However, it overlooks the valley on the other side of the road. Where the markings are is much higher then the overlook.

I thought you were in for a longer walk than you thought.. :yikes:

Sorry everyone, I looked at the imagery incorrectly. The cache that I said is an overlook is indeed at an overlook. However, it overlooks the valley on the other side of the road. Where the markings are is much higher then the overlook.

I thought you were in for a longer walk than you thought.. ;)

I was not attempting a hike with a temp of -13 deg F with the wind chill even worse. Maybe when I am back home over the summer I will take a look. The cache Old Robinson Pond on the other side of the mountain on SGL is actually on my to do list. It will add a nice little extra jaunt to see if I can get a look at the "markings".