People wanting to steal or destroy caches?

TampaDude

Right. To give you guys a little insight on my life, I've been a professional race car driver, lived in Japan, traveled the country, and I'm sitting on my laptop at the school which I attend for a degree in quantum physics.

You guys are winners. Win. Win Win.

/Thread.

Oh, and hail Satan.

Right. To give you guys a little insight on my life, I've been a professional race car driver, lived in Japan, traveled the country, and I'm sitting on my laptop at the school which I attend for a degree in quantum physics.

/Thread.

Oh, and hail Satan.

You could break your laptop sitting on it like that. Are you using it as a booster seat so you can see?

Seriously? You guys are about the most paranoid schizophrenics I have ever experienced in my entire life. I never had any intentions of actually defecating in your little fun boxes. But your enthusiasm for my actions prompts certain behavior to be distilled upon them. I smirk at the actions you people think are necessary. People like you guys make me more aware of my disdain for society in general, I hope you feel secure in your pathetic reaction to a judgement of your hobby, because it is laughable at best. I hope you guys can take a step back and took a good long look at yourself and understand your pathetic reactions. If you do ever stumble across a geocache that has been vandalized realize it was not me, because as much as I would love to inconvenience your day, it is honestly not worth my time. Have a wonderful day basking in your group efforts of being completely retarded.

See. It's not what you say, so much as how you say it junior. Maybe one day when you're a big boy you will interact with others like a big boy and your sad little life will get better.... Just as soon as you realize that putting others down doesn't elevate your position in the least. :laughing:

My wife thinks geocaching as an activity is retarded, but she thinks that geocachers themselves are awesome as a group. Go figure.

I guess I'm just retarded.... But I enjoy my life a great deal. Too bad your teenage angst never left you. When I was your age I was already 2 years into my career. (Going on 22 years now.) And what? You're at home with moms and pops being all angsty in your little room laying on your Star Wars sheets. Howz that workin' for ya sugar nips?

Edited by Snoogans

/Thread.

Oh, and hail Satan.

I actually believe every word of this. Except maybe the part about professional race car driver. :laughing: So look at you here, you're actually typing using capital letters, coherent sentence structure, and proper puncation. So why do we pretend to be an uneducated punk anarchist under house arrest on the internet? Does it make us feel cool?

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

I never had any intentions of actually defecating in your little fun boxes. But your enthusiasm for my actions prompts certain behavior to be distilled upon them.

Oh and this part looks like a feeble attempt at damage control.

I bet someone in Tampa could take a squat in a cache and then show it to his probation officer and really start sumthin' for him he wouldn't soon forget. :laughing:

Umm, but geocachers are above that aren't we? :laughing::laughing:

your enthusiasm for my actions prompts certain behavior to be distilled upon them.

/Thread.

Oh, and hail Satan.

You could break your laptop sitting on it like that. Are you using it as a booster seat so you can see?

He has a right DISTILLED in him to sit on anything he likes. He has traveled the country! Lived in Japan!

your enthusiasm for my actions prompts certain behavior to be distilled upon them.

/Thread.

Oh, and hail Satan.

He has a right DISTILLED in him to sit on anything he likes. He has traveled the country! Lived in Japan!

Doesn't look like he's going to be doing much travelling for awhile, though... :laughing:

Let's keep this one open so we can see how long you guys bash a person with a banned account.
While we're at it, can his account be banned, not just his forum privileges? He's said he wants to defecate in caches. Whit an account, he's got coordinates to do just that.

On another note, I'm confused. Is Funk a race-car-driving, globetrotting, felonious, Eminem-wanna-be, quantum physicist under house arrest? Or is it all a lie?

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

On another note, I'm confused. Is Funk a race-car-driving, globetrotting, felonious, Eminem-wanna-be, quantum physicist under house arrest? Or is it all a lie?

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

I believe everything I read on the internet. Don't you? :laughing:

I'm sure the house arrest thing will look great on his resume. I'm sure that every quantum physicist aspires to have that on their record. That is certainly one thing that separates you apart from all of the other applicants.

I just hope he is impressed with the services that the moderator staff here provides. We strive to give much more prompt service than the other forum he was banned from.

And funkstuffs... I accept your apology.

(Don't worry, the rest of us here get it.)

That's nothing. I built a homemade rocket from spare cell phone parts and with some careful tinkering with the laws of physics, it could also travel backwards and forwards through time at will. So, I traveled to Neptune and discovered an unknown substance which I called Bullonium, brought it back to Earth and time-traveled back to the dawn of man. I planted a seed of Bullonium and it has blossomed beautifully throughout time and continues to this day. I could never take credit for this before because it all sounded implausible but now I see that I can finally reveal to the world the true originator of Bullonium...me! Good day, sir.

Bruce

That's nothing. I built a homemade rocket from spare cell phone parts and with some careful tinkering with the laws of physics, it could also travel backwards and forwards through time at will. So, I traveled to Neptune and discovered an unknown substance which I called Bullonium, brought it back to Earth and time-traveled back to the dawn of man. I planted a seed of Bullonium and it has blossomed beautifully throughout time and continues to this day. I could never take credit for this before because it all sounded implausible but now I see that I can finally reveal to the world the true originator of Bullonium...me! Good day, sir.

Bruce

You guys are loosers. I sit around the porch all day on a sofa with no legs drinking beer and chewing tobacco. I get the wife and 10 kids go out a find mine caches, and bring back some more beer and Cheetos. My big life accomplishment is having three letters published in Penthouse. I too started on a degree in quantum physics, but quit when I decided it would not be much use for hog hunting. :laughing:

Aside from the now-closed thread at the Tampa forums, this has got to be the bestestest thread on the Internet! It has everything!

Actually, to respond to the poster (was it Urkel?) who wrote earlier that they have never seen a more incoherent, deranged and anarchy-ridden thread than the now-closed thread at the Tampa forum: I have, many times, encountered on the Internet entire forums, and hundreds of threads thereupon, that, in comparison, would make that Tampa thread look incredibly sane, calm, clear, coherent, polite and intelligible.

Hello Funk, welcome to geocaching.

I read some of the thread on TF. I noticed you claim to be a race car driver, world travler, 22 years old, under house arrest, a writer, an a******, and have a degree in quantum physics. How much of that is true?

Edited by va griz

Let's keep this one open so we can see how long you guys bash a person with a banned account.

He's banned? But, but... NOOO!!! :anicute: Moose! This guy was wet my pants funny! He was better than Jeff Dunham and Jeff Foxworthy combined! Seeing him reinvent himself every 5 minutes was amazing entertainment. I was hoping he'd get to the point where he single handedly cured cancer at the age of 12, and how Mother Teresa used to call him at home for advice. The guy's a hoot! Could we allow him back every so often? Just when things get kinda dull? Laughter is the best medicine, ya know. :(

He's banned? But, but... NOOO!!! :anicute: Moose! This guy was wet my pants funny! He was better than Jeff Dunham and Jeff Foxworthy combined! Seeing him reinvent himself every 5 minutes was amazing entertainment. I was hoping he'd get to the point where he single handedly cured cancer at the age of 12, and how Mother Teresa used to call him at home for advice. The guy's a hoot! Could we allow him back every so often? Just when things get kinda dull? Laughter is the best medicine, ya know. :(

I largely agree. And, I believe that he was not only funny, but harmless. And, weirder, I suspect that he is no crazier and crankier than many of us geocachers who hang out here on the forum.

And I also strongly suspect -- much as he would HATE to read my prediction-- that he will become a full-fledged geocacher and a solid contributor to the geocaching community within about two years. In fact, the only reason that he spent so much time on the Tampa forum and on this forum bashing geocaching and geocachers is because, much to the shame of the cynical and jaded part of himself, he found himself fascinated by this bizarre sport!

You guys! This guy could very well be all that he says he is!

Professional Race Car Driver: Won a school lunch pudding for beating someone at Super Mario Brothers Racing.

Lived in Japan: Dad's in the military.

Traveled the Country: Flew from San Diego to Tampa with Dad coming back from Japan.

Etc.

I'm mean at lot of us could spin things in our lives into something that sounds a lot more glamorous.

...except I am a former globe-trotting, international agent for freedom and presently a crime fighter who touches people's lives in profound ways. I've lived in multiple foreign nations, studied multiple languages, and have studied abroad.

Sounds pretty good until you realize that's simply spin on being a military brat who joined the Navy himself and is now a cop.

I am a former globe-trotting, international agent for freedom and presently a crime fighter who touches people's lives in profound ways. I've lived in multiple foreign nations, studied multiple languages, and have studied abroad.

I REALLY need you to help me with my resume...

Man, he could make my GC.com profile smokin' hot too. How much do you charge for that CR? :anicute::(

Just read this disturbing thread. It's a shame FS can't find something more wholesome and constructive to do with his spare time. Some of todays youth are a real disappointment in so many ways. A few wise sayings popped into my head as I waded through the intolerant foul language:

Live and let live

The definition of the word "profanity" is: The attempt of a feeble mind to express itself forcibly.

Hire a teenager... while they still know everything!

Great minds talk about ideas

Average minds talk about events

Small minds talk about other people

Wow...this thread really took on a life of its own, didn't it??? :cry:

Yeah, but how often does someone come into a thread commenting about his posts, and not only avoid any attempt at explaining or deflecting criticism of said posts, but actually striving to make things worse for himself?? Gotta at least give him the credit for having courage for his convictions.

Edited to remove unneeded snarkieness

Edited by JBnW

Wow...this thread really took on a life of its own, didn't it??? :D

Yeah, but how often does someone come into a thread commenting about his posts, and not only avoid any attempt at explaining or deflecting criticism of said posts, but actually striving to make things worse for himself?? Gotta at least give him the credit for having courage for his convictions.

Yeah...I think "convictions" is the operative word here... :cry:

Wow...this thread really took on a life of its own, didn't it??? :(

Yeah...I think "convictions" is the operative word here... :D

As of today, it seems that it will be 54 days till his house arrest ends and the ankle bracelet comes off. I am still betting, in all seriousness, that he will, within a year or two, become an active geoacher; he is obviously intrigued with this sport. :D

Read through their posts, sounds like frat boys who have way too much time on their hands.

C'mon now, don't give fraternity members a bad rap based on this guy. I am a fraternity alum and my sorority alum wife and I go geocaching as often as we can. Just got into it this year.

Also, the "gang sign" he was flashing isn't a gang sign, it is the "Shocker". You can look it up on the urban dictionary website (too vulgar for this family friendly forum).

Oh well, I've invested enough time into a forum about the loser from Florida. Its on to bigger and better forum threads with more interesting, billion dollar satellite-related topics. :D

And I also strongly suspect -- much as he would HATE to read my prediction-- that he will become a full-fledged geocacher and a solid contributor to the geocaching community within about two years. In fact, the only reason that he spent so much time on the Tampa forum and on this forum bashing geocaching and geocachers is because, much to the shame of the cynical and jaded part of himself, he found himself fascinated by this bizarre sport!
Are we to draw the connection that he will start participating in the other activity that he seems to speak so poorly of in the other thread?

On the same subject, is anyone here still playing Ikariam? (Yes, I said same subject!) It didn't register until just now, but I'm pretty sure I just was attacked on the test server by a player named "Stuff" from the colony of "Funk." Test server seems to be down right now, or I'd double-check... :rolleyes:

After reading the link, it sounds more like this person is the one that needs to get a life and stop shouting off nonsense online. Just a lot of hot air as far as I read. Someone like that is dealing with issues that only a professional can help them with, and maybe even some daily medication. People like that don't have the real "round organs" to actually go out and mess with caches.

And if they do, the owners will just put them back out.

I'd love to run into some smuck like that someday in the field, and have them threaten me... seeing as I have a CCL and carry more than just my GPSr when I'm caching.

I find it funny that many would speak out about how rude and offensive this person is, yet many of these posts are rude, bashing and somewhat offensive in their own right? I agree, this kid needs to grow up, but can't that be pointed out without stooping to his level??

Seems to me, being friendly would promote a better image about cachers...

Are we to draw the connection that he will start participating in the other activity that he seems to speak so poorly of in the other thread?

I don't know, I think Vinny might be right. The kid checked geocaching out. I'm aware of a cacher who started out as an obnoxious TB and coin thief (he eventually dropped about 40 in one cache), who went on to become a 2,000 find cachers with dozens of hides and their own signature geocoin.

Then again, I believe Funk that he's a Quantum Physics student who has lived in Japan, and studied abroad. I'll never buy the Professional race car driver thing though. :rolleyes:

I find it funny that many would speak out about how rude and offensive this person is, yet many of these posts are rude, bashing and somewhat offensive in their own right? I agree, this kid needs to grow up, but can't that be pointed out without stooping to his level??

Exactly, and it would also be more grounded, more sincere, and more helpful. There are times when it is good and useful to be momentarily cranky or downright nasty, but I do not feel that the current situation is one of them.

goodness, that boy is an idiot.

what strikes me about it is his apparent outrage at an activity that he perceives as being no fun.

while i don't think tennis is any fun, i don't have a compulsion to be angry about tennis or call tennis players no-life losers.

what strikes me about it is his apparent outrage at an activity that he perceives as being no fun.

while i don't think tennis is any fun, i don't have a compulsion to be angry about tennis or call tennis players no-life losers.

Well, I personally feel that a number of folks here grossly over-reacted to his comments wherein he derided geocaching. Personally, I have no problem at all if someone does not like geocaching or wishes to write words which deride geocachers and geocaching, even if he does use profanity liberally -- after all, no one is forcing me to read his words! From my perspective, there is plenty of room in this world for folks who do not like geocaching. As for his initial threats about damaging caches, why not ignore the threats and wait until and if (not likely at all) something adverse were to really happen?

And, flask, I largely agree with you when you write:

...what strikes me about it is his apparent outrage at an activity that he perceives as being no fun.

but... you know... in general, I am very relaxed about sports or activities which I do not like, and I can even handle, with complete inner peace, the fact that some people choose to go golfing (to me, golfing is even more inane than placing or hunting lame urban micros, or people drinking their bathwater). But... I must admit that despite my best efforts, I really CANNOT come to terms with the fact that some people willfully choose to engage in the so-called "sports" of luge, water polo and "synchronized swimming". :)B):D:rolleyes::):)

To me, those three activities are really scary, and I very much worry about people who engage in those activities, and I also, in a sanctimonious and self-righteous way, feel very superior to them, for they are idiots and buffoons, while I am obviously a superior being (because I do not engage in any of those "sports". In fact, I think that I DO remain angry for most of my waking hours each day over the very fact that these three inane "sports" even exist, and I do feel, in my bones, that anyone who engages in luge, water polo, or synchronized swimming is a no-life loser. I cannot help feeling this way -- it is just the truth! In fact, if you look in ANY Bible or other holy book anywhere in the world, there is NOT ONE which recommends luge or water polo or synchronized swimming!

Well said Roddy. If I had said half this stuff I'd be on another 3 day vacation. Right professor. :rolleyes:

There's a lot of merit to this. I agree that, when someone dumps vitriol all over you, simply because they can't grasp the benefits of a game you enjoy, the best immediate course of action is to proffer an olive branch, and explain why your game is so much fun to you. If you do a good job of explaining it, they may see the light and become a proponent. This was done early on, in the other thread. At that time, the goober elected to heap even more vile scorn upon both the game, and those supporting the game. In my opinion, that is the point where the olive branch needs to be withdrawn, and replaced with a baseball bat. :rolleyes:

Well, I personally feel that a number of folks here grossly over-reacted to his comments wherein he derided geocaching. Personally, I have no problem at all if someone does not like geocaching or wishes to write words which deride geocachers and geocaching, even if he does use profanity liberally -- after all, no one is forcing me to read his words! From my perspective, there is plenty of room in this world for folks who do not like geocaching. As for his initial threats about damaging caches, why not ignore the threats and wait until and if (not likely at all) something adverse were to really happen?

And, flask, I largely agree with you when you write:

...what strikes me about it is his apparent outrage at an activity that he perceives as being no fun.

but... you know... in general, I am very relaxed about sports or activities which I do not like, and I can even handle, with complete inner peace, the fact that some people choose to go golfing (to me, golfing is even more inane than placing or hunting lame urban micros, or people drinking their bathwater). But... I must admit that despite my best efforts, I really CANNOT come to terms with the fact that some people willfully choose to engage in the so-called "sports" of luge, water polo and "synchronized swimming".

To me, those three activities are really scary, and I very much worry about people who engage in those activities, and I also, in a sanctimonious and self-righteous way, feel very superior to them, for they are idiots and buffoons, while I am obviously a superior being (because I do not engage in any of those "sports". In fact, I think that I DO remain angry for most of my waking hours each day over the very fact that these three inane "sports" even exist, and I do feel, in my bones, that anyone who engages in luge, water polo, or synchronized swimming is a no-life loser. I cannot help feeling this way -- it is just the truth! In fact, if you look in ANY Bible or other holy book anywhere in the world, there is NOT ONE which recommends luge or water polo or synchronized swimming!

you know, funny you mention golf.

golf is that one sport about which i get worked up and wish to sabotage games.

i live on the seventh green of my local golf course.

guys climb over or under my fence to retrieve golf balls, which is trespassing and forbidden by the course rules. when (and you will note my use of the word "when" rather than "if") someone puts a ball through my french doors, they invariably do not leave a note offering to pay for the damage. additionally, i am often wakened on a sunday morning by streaks of profanity coming from the 5th tee.

what i do to these guys, however, is to make them four-putt the seventh.

i have a trombone and i know who to use it.

if they crawl under my fence, i stand over them and say loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear: "if i had a slice that bad, i don't think i'd call attention to it by crawling under somebody's fence.", and i leave the guy's buddies to do most of the punishing.