How do I delete geocaches from my Nuvi 500?

WVTim

I can't find it on the Garman site or figure out how to do it on my Nuvi. I would like to delete my found caches. Also, just today I got a message on my unit that says, i need to delete GPX files. I use a IMac computer. Not to ask to many dump questions, but how many caches will my 500 hold?

Not

Delete or replace the GPX file that has the caches.

Not being very computer savy, I assume I do that on my computer by clicking on my Garmin when it is connected. Are all the caches in one file? Do I have to erase the entire file or can I erase one cache at a time?

I also just got the message that I have too many gpx files and need to delete some.

The Nuvi 500 manual says:

Connect the Nuvi to your computer and open the Nuvi or microSD card drive/volume.

Highlight the file you want to delete and press the delete key on the computer keyboard.

Caution: Do not delete a file if you do not know it's purpose. Your Nuvi memory contains important system files that should not be deleted.

In My Computer>Nuvi> Garmin> 3rd one down is gpx>then you need to know the GC id #s on the caches you have found so you can delete these. It would be nice if it was listed in your profile list, but anyway you can open up individual found ones then delete them on the computer.

Hope this helps.