Please help!

Muggs

Hello All,

I was caching today with a friend of mine and his son.

We found 5 caches and two of them were members only caches. My friend and his son took some trackable items from the two Members only caches and left a trackable in one of the members only caches.

So... we figured out how to log the taken coin/TB but we're not sure how to log the left coin.

If anyone has an idea how to proceed, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Muggs

Hi there, I'll have a go at answering this one...

I'll assume that the geocoin that your friend wants to 'drop off' into the cache is one that he had previously 'picked up' from some previous cache on a previous day. If he has done the on-line pick up from the previous cache page correctly then that geocoin is now showing as being 'in his hands'. When he (you, anyone) goes to the Post a New Log page of any cache, all the trackable items that he has 'in his hands' (i.e. his own, and any he has picked up out of any other caches to be moved onwards) will show up in the box at the bottom of that page. To drop any one of them off into a cache he will need to write the log for that cache in the usual way i.e. by selecting 'found it' from the drop-down, writing the log in the Comments box, then highlight whichever TB or geocoin is to be dropped off, then 'Submit log entry'. Doing this puts the log onto the cache page and 'drops' the selected trackable items into the cache listing so that they appear on the cache page.

If you pick up any trackable item from a cache and then drop it off into another cache later that day, before you've had a chance to go back home and do your logs, you need to remember to make a note of the tracking number of the TB or geocoin. Without that number you will not be able to move the item from one cache into another!

For more details see How to log a travel bug or geocoin.

MrsB :ph34r:

Hello All,

I was caching today with a friend of mine and his son.

We found 5 caches and two of them were members only caches. My friend and his son took some trackable items from the two Members only caches and left a trackable in one of the members only caches.

So... we figured out how to log the taken coin/TB but we're not sure how to log the left coin.

If anyone has an idea how to proceed, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Muggs

When you click on the "log your find" link at the top right of the cache page that you found, the TBs and Geocoins that you have in you possession will appear at the bottom of the log. Mine says, 2 items in inventory which is a link to the trackables that you have. Click on that link which will open a window and a list of all your trackables will appear. Click on the trackable to highlight it that you are dropping in that cache. When you finish logging it will automatically dropped it

Thanks guys. But the problem is the they can't "log the find" because they are not premium members and the cache that they left the coin in is a members only cache.

They found it with me and I am a PM, but never thought about how they were going to log their find until they got home today.

Edited by Muggs

Thanks guys. But the problem is the they can't "log the find" because they are not premium members and the cache that they left the coin in is a members only cache.

They found it with me and I am a PM, but never thought about how they were going to log their find until they got home today.

In that case there is nothing that they can do until they become premium members. Or you have to do all the logging for them by mentioning them in your log. Then you will have to do all the finding and dropping.

Somehow my post #8 got sandwiched in between Walkworthy's posts...

(It's so crowded in this forum this afternoon)

Regarding the link I put in my post#8, I should have mentioned that I haven't tried using the method myself and if your friend wishes to try it I would suggest that he contacts the cache owner first to see whether they are happy for him to use this way of logging and dropping off the trackable item.

MrsB

I accidentally took my sister to a PMO cache. It was an 11 part multi. A lot of fun, and she cheerfully said she had fun even if she never got to log the smiley. I pm'd the owner and explained it was all my fault and I would like for her to get to log the find, and the CO was quite lovely about it and made the cache a regular cache long enough for sis to log her find.