The Great TB Race needs help from cachers in the Kansas City, KS area.

Chi-Town Cacher

Greetings! One of my TBs is a contestant in The Great TB Race of 2009. The race has started and only a few TBs have been moved out of the cache so we could use some help from people around the Kansas City, Kansas area to get these TBs out into circulation. The organizer of this race has done a super job getting it going and he has requested that no cacher take more than 3 TBs at this time so everybody can be involved in kicking off this event. It's not often you'll see a cache owner encouraging visitors to take up to 3 TBs so don't miss this opportunity! From what I can see on Google Earth the starting cache is located just south of Kansas City, MO and if you want to look it up and maybe go help some TBs get started that would be appreciated by all of us contestants. The ID of the starting cache where over 60 TBs are waiting to be released from is GC1KK5G and the cache name is The Great TB Race Starting Line. Feel free to spread the word to other local cachers in your area. On behalf of all of us racers thank you and happy caching!!!! :ph34r:

Greetings! One of my TBs is a contestant in The Great TB Race of 2009. The race has started and only a few TBs have been moved out of the cache so we could use some help from people around the Kansas City, Kansas area to get these TBs out into circulation. The organizer of this race has done a super job getting it going and he has requested that no cacher take more than 3 TBs at this time so everybody can be involved in kicking off this event. It's not often you'll see a cache owner encouraging visitors to take up to 3 TBs so don't miss this opportunity! From what I can see on Google Earth the starting cache is located just south of Kansas City, MO and if you want to look it up and maybe go help some TBs get started that would be appreciated by all of us contestants. The ID of the starting cache where over 60 TBs are waiting to be released from is GC1KK5G and the cache name is The Great TB Race Starting Line. Feel free to spread the word to other local cachers in your area. On behalf of all of us racers thank you and happy caching!!!! :laughing:

Thank you gor getting the word out Michigan Cacheman. My son & I each have a TB entered in the race & we haven't left the starting gate yet. No biggie since the race just started. :laughing:

Edited by danny dog

Greetings! One of my TBs is a contestant in The Great TB Race of 2009. The race has started and only a few TBs have been moved out of the cache so we could use some help from people around the Kansas City, Kansas area to get these TBs out into circulation. The organizer of this race has done a super job getting it going and he has requested that no cacher take more than 3 TBs at this time so everybody can be involved in kicking off this event. It's not often you'll see a cache owner encouraging visitors to take up to 3 TBs so don't miss this opportunity! From what I can see on Google Earth the starting cache is located just south of Kansas City, MO and if you want to look it up and maybe go help some TBs get started that would be appreciated by all of us contestants. The ID of the starting cache where over 60 TBs are waiting to be released from is GC1KK5G and the cache name is The Great TB Race Starting Line. Feel free to spread the word to other local cachers in your area. On behalf of all of us racers thank you and happy caching!!!! ;)

Thank you gor getting the word out Michigan Cacheman. My son & I each have a TB entered in the race & we haven't left the starting gate yet. No biggie since the race just started. :o

Hey danny dog. Glad to be of a little assistance. My TB has managed to move out of the starting cache, but there are still a lot of TBs left that need to make their initial jump into the wild. Good luck to both your racers! Happy caching everybody!!!! :)

Greetings! One of my TBs is a contestant in The Great TB Race of 2009. The race has started and only a few TBs have been moved out of the cache so we could use some help from people around the Kansas City, Kansas area to get these TBs out into circulation. The organizer of this race has done a super job getting it going and he has requested that no cacher take more than 3 TBs at this time so everybody can be involved in kicking off this event. It's not often you'll see a cache owner encouraging visitors to take up to 3 TBs so don't miss this opportunity! From what I can see on Google Earth the starting cache is located just south of Kansas City, MO and if you want to look it up and maybe go help some TBs get started that would be appreciated by all of us contestants. The ID of the starting cache where over 60 TBs are waiting to be released from is GC1KK5G and the cache name is The Great TB Race Starting Line. Feel free to spread the word to other local cachers in your area. On behalf of all of us racers thank you and happy caching!!!! :laughing:

Thank you gor getting the word out Michigan Cacheman. My son & I each have a TB entered in the race & we haven't left the starting gate yet. No biggie since the race just started. :P

Hey danny dog. Glad to be of a little assistance. My TB has managed to move out of the starting cache, but there are still a lot of TBs left that need to make their initial jump into the wild. Good luck to both your racers! Happy caching everybody!!!! :lol:

Our 2 TBs have made it out of the starting gate also. Thankfully my brother is down in KC & was able to help one of them along. He's going to be bringing one up to Des Moines this weekend to give it some mileage. I should let him know that there' s still more out there ready to go. Maybe he could get some going. :blink:

Hello everybody! I just wanted to give all the local geocachers around the Kansas City area an update on the TBs that are in The Great TB Race of 2009. Yesterday (2-9-09) the last racer was removed from the starting cache so all racers are now on their way!</p>

<p> I'm sure I can speak for all of the owners of the racing TBs when I say thank you very much for your assistance in getting the racers out of the starting cache! The race will be going on until January of 2010 so there's still lots of time to help racers in your local area. While some TBs are hundreds of miles away there are I think about 40 that are still within 50 miles of the starting cache and many more within about 100 miles so there are lots in neighboring states also. If you'd like to participate in helping a racer win this race check the TB inventory in nearby caches and see if there are racers near you that could use a lift. The easiest way to tell if they are in this race is to look at the TBs name and if it has The Great TB Race somewhere in it's name then it's a participant.

</p> While moves of hundreds or thousands of miles are great, a move of just to the next cache down the road will earn the racer a point so don't feel like you aren't able to help. As the owner of one of the racers I can tell you I'd be tickled to death if my TB moved more frequently even for short distances!</p><p> If you are interested in watching the race over the next 11 months you can CLICK HERE to watch as all the racers compete. I believe there are about 79 racers so it should be very interesting to watch over the coming months. </p>

<p> Again, thank you so much to all the local cachers in the Kansas City area for getting this race off to such a great start!!! </P> :)Edit to add a P.S. TripCyclone has done a great job organizing the race and I just wanted to acknowledge all his hard work!!!

Edited by Michigan Cacheman