LEKI trekking poles

mertat

Okay, looks like my original post got lost in translation so here it is again:

I bought a pair of LEKI Luau women's trekking poles about 6 months ago and have been very happy with them until just recently. It seems that when the weather is cold, the locking mechanism doesn't work. I'm planning on taking them back but if this is a problem with this brand, I need to know so I don't just exchange one problem for another. Anyone else have a problem with this brand?

I bought a pair of LEKI Luau women's trekking poles about 6 months ago and have been very happy with them until just recently. It seems that when the weather is cold, the locking mechanism doesn't work. I'm planning on taking them back but if this is a problem with this brand, I need to know so I don't just exchange one problem for another. Anyone else have a problem with this brand?

I've got a Tracks hiking pole thats been through several damaged / busted (human) limbs and lots of hiking / geocaching for the last 10 years, and never a locking mechnism failure. It does have the button / hole variety rather than the friction lock, but its been very sturdy. They were much less expensive back then, though.

I've had nothing but good things to say about my Leki poles. I've read some less then positive reviews about locks, but they appear to be easily serviceable. Pull them apart, give'em a good cleaning and re-lube.

Speaking of which, I really need to get more use out of those poles. Still not enough snow for snow shoeing yet. Too cold for back packing for me.

I have a pair of Leki poles and have had the same problem with the twist-lock design. I was cautioned about their use in cold weather, but didn't worry about it too much.

Until they didn't work on the trail. That was a bummer. After warming them up by hand I did manage to get them to lock. But it took some time (and patience) to do.

There are alternative locking mechanisms available if you're not happy with your current ones.

I'm really happy with my poles despite the problem. 99% of the time they are great.

I have a pair of Leki poles and have had the same problem with the twist-lock design. I was cautioned about their use in cold weather, but didn't worry about it too much.

Until they didn't work on the trail. That was a bummer. After warming them up by hand I did manage to get them to lock. But it took some time (and patience) to do.

There are alternative locking mechanisms available if you're not happy with your current ones.

I'm really happy with my poles despite the problem. 99% of the time they are great.

I just bought a set of the ones you linked for my wife. Nice and light and she can clasp the locks without breaking a finger nail. That's not to say it's easy, but it is doable.

I just bought a set of the ones you linked for my wife. Nice and light and she can clasp the locks without breaking a finger nail. That's not to say it's easy, but it is doable.

I've had a pair of those black diamond poles for over a year now and love them. Cant say anything bad about them. Love the flick lock vs the twist to tighten. I even am quite glad I got the pair with the shock absorber. Out here in the rocks of AZ I feel it working often.

My poles are probably 10 years old and have worked fine for all those years, including many trips in both cold and hot weather. They only average 5 years of use each as I never seemed to get the hang of hiking with 2 poles, preferring to use just one at a time. My poles are the low end LEKI - no shocks or fancy lever locks - just simple twist locks.

My wife also bought me these same Black Diamond poles for Christmas. I have yet to put them to the test, but am looking forward to it. The handgrips seem really comfortable and I really like the fliplocks. Not to downplay Leki as I have never owned a set of their poles, but I have heard allot of positive reviews on the Black Diamond fliplock mechanism.