Polyline typ for carpool lanes in Garmin maps

papaluna
Followers 0

Hi,

i'm working on making my mtb-trail overlay map routable. On my Garmin 60csx are some possibilities for road avoidance in the routing setup page like U-turns... and carpool lanes.

It seems that

-Toll roads effects the Routeparam in Gpsmadedit,

-Unpaved roads(if checked) tries to avoid polylines type 0x0a(unpaved roads),

-highways tries to avoid polylines type 0x2 and 0x3

But which polyline type the GPS will try to avoid if carpool lanes is checked ??

Unfortunately in Garmins European CityNavigator actually there aren't any carpool lanes, so I'm not able to look therefore inside the map imgs.

So, does anybody knows which polyline type is used by Garmin for the carpool lanes/HOV?

Regards

Gert

so, really nobody knows anything about carpool lanes /HOVs in Garmin/Navtec maps and how they are coded (used polyline type or anything else).

Or let me ask you in a different way.

Has anybody observed that the avoidance setting for HOV in the Garmin Map 60csx is working well in Garmins CN NA?

I guess in LA, Washington State or Housten for example must be HOVs. Maybe someone could have a look in a unlocked map of these areas(or another) using GPsmapedit and find out which line type has been used by garmin.

Thanx for your help

Gert

so, really nobody knows anything about carpool lanes /HOVs in Garmin/Navtec maps and how they are coded (used polyline type or anything else).

Or let me ask you in a different way.

Has anybody observed that the avoidance setting for HOV in the Garmin Map 60csx is working well in Garmins CN NA?

I guess in LA, Washington State or Housten for example must be HOVs. Maybe someone could have a look in a unlocked map of these areas(or another) using GPsmapedit and find out which line type has been used by garmin.

Thanx for your help

Gert

That classification/info does not exist on the old Garmin map format (the only format for which free tools are available to make your own maps), as far as I know. I believe that is a feature (along with lane assist, additional POI types, etc.) unique to the NT format maps.