Courage Lion Geocoins Available!

CornCrazy

I am working with HogwildStuff to produce my very first geocoin! I am actually going to be doing a series and that is even MORE exciting! I just wanted to share my preliminary artwork with everyone! We will hopefully be starting the dies and getting samples very soon! Please keep an eye on this thread for updates! Once we get the samples, I may even take some presell orders. I will hopefully have 100 "regular" coins and 25 "limited edition" coins to offer. Well, here is the artwork:

Lion_Courage9-28-08a.jpg

And no...the series is NOT "Wizard of Oz" themed! :)

Thanks in advance for any feedback that might be offered.

well, it's a no- brainer what I think of this one!

:):D FANTASTIC!!! :D:D

I'll be waiting to get my hands on several of these....

LOL...seeing as you like lions...it is definitely a no brainer.

Thanks for all of the wonderful support everyone! You all are making me even more excited (if that is possible)!!

I wanted to post an update! My order has been submitted and the dies for the coin are in production. I hope to have my sample coins within the next 10-14 days. After that, I believe it takes a few weeks for the coins to be completed.

I have been working on a couple of the other coins that will be in this series. I will post images of them soon!

This was a very exciting day for me! My sample coins have been completed and will be here early next week. From that point, we will be choosing the metals and making any needed changes on colors and then the order will go to production! It is going to be a VERY long wait!

We asked for the samples to be in 4 different metal types: Black Nickel, Gold, Nickel, and Copper. I am only posting one of the images for now (until we make a definite decision on which metals to use). Please let me know what you guys think! Your opinions are very important!

Well here it is...my very first coin!

lioncouragesamplegold.jpg

That is so cute, can I order ten? :anicute:

Of course you can! :blink: I hope to start taking orders after everything is finalized and the coins are headed to production. As stated before, I am hoping to get regular 100 coins and 25 limited edition coins. I am also planning on adding another 25 limited edition coins (different from the others). My dad has already reserved (and paid for) 10 regular coins and 2 limited edition coins. I am planning on keeping 5-10 regular ones and 2-3 of each LE ones for myself. I want a set to keep and a few to use as prizes in some of my caches and events. So...I am going to have around 80 regular ones and 20 of each limited edition one to sell. Hogwildstuff will also have some regular ones to sell, so there should be plenty of them available.

Thanks!

lioncouragesamplegold.jpg

This is beautiful! Well done! I love it in this finish! I'd have to see the copper and BN to decide. Usually I really go for copper but gold is perfect for this coin. :anicute:

CF30

Love the gold nice coin great job! Now is a snake in the works for your series? Looking at your avatar...would love to see one! :blink:

Wow! Great coin!!! I want it :anicute:

I will be posting when I start taking orders. Thanks for the compliment!

This is beautiful! Well done! I love it in this finish! I'd have to see the copper and BN to decide. Usually I really go for copper but gold is perfect for this coin. :blink:

CF30

Thanks! I thought black nickel would look best, but in the pictures I got, this one really stood out. I cannot wait to get the coins here so I can see them properly.

Love the gold nice coin great job! Now is a snake in the works for your series? Looking at your avatar...would love to see one! :blink:

Thank you for the compliments! And yes, I plan on doing a snake coin. I am not sure it will be in this series, however. I am really not sure it will fit with my "theme." I think snakes are cool, so I actually hope to do several snake coins. Maybe I will do a "snake" series! :blink:

Love the lion coin, love it in gold, but would love to see what it looks like in copper as that is our favorite metal. When you start taking reservations please add us to the list for 2 of them please.

Thanks sweetlife

Thank you very much! When I start taking orders, I will be using this thread first to take orders so I don't forget to offer them to anyone who has stated that they want one. I think that copper may be one of the LE metals I choose. I'll have to see the samples in person first, though, before making that final decision.

Very cute coin! I like it. I'm glad you are having more luck with your coin than I am! :blink: (It isn't Hogwild's fault, though-they have been GREAT.)

I think Steve told me about your coin. He said it is a great coin. I am sorry that you are having bad luck with it.

Cute coin. Looks good in gold.

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Like it very much, gold is very nice on this coin.

Black nickel may be to dark but copper should be nice to, can´t wait to see pics of those.

grodan Karin

I wasn't expecting gold to look this good. I am glad it turned out so well. I will try to post pictures of the other coins after we decide which metals to go with.

That's so cute!! Love it...... :anicute::blink:

Thank you!

Coin looks GREAT!

NICE JOB!

And thank you, too! :blink:

Thank you very much! When I start taking orders, I will be using this thread first to take orders so I don't forget to offer them to anyone who has stated that they want one. I think that copper may be one of the LE metals I choose. I'll have to see the samples in person first, though, before making that final decision.

thank you, too! :anicute:

Oh, oh! *waves hand* We would like a set when they are completed also!

Such a cute coin, well done.

thank you, too! :)

ME - ME- By Now one MUST know that it is no secret that I LOVE shaped coins and am a sucker for dfferent and cute ( I suppose that could go for people, also :D )

Very nice coin! Good job! I want it, too!

Thanks! I appreciate all of the nice comments from everyone!

thank you, too! :(

Thanks! And I will be sure to let you know when they are done. :ninja:

ME - ME- By Now one MUST know that it is no secret that I LOVE shaped coins and am a sucker for dfferent and cute ( I suppose that could go for people, also :ninja: )

LOL...I have to agree with you! Shaped coins are the cutest! I generally prefer them, as well. Thanks!

Thanks again everyone for the great response and compliments. I am going to refrain from quoting everyone since it is making the thread harder to read. I will be trying to answer specific questions, however.

LadyBee4T and avroair...I am mostly wanting to sell these coins. I will be keeping a few myself, so I might be willing to trade one or two of them, depending on what's being offered.

HogwildStuff got the sample coins in today so I should receive mine sometime around the beginning of the week. I will post more info when I get them.

Thanks again everyone! :grin:

Any new sample pictures or information?

I apologize...things have been a little hectic around here. I will be posting some pictures today. I've sent my husband after my camera so I can take the pictures. Be looking for them soon.

And production has been started on the coins. I believe they take 3-4 weeks to be completed, but I am not 100% certain since this is my first coin.

I decided on the metals to use. I actually liked ALL 4 sample coins. I will be getting 25 each of the gold, nickel, black nickel, and copper. I am also getting 2 different limited edition coins. There will be 25 each of copper and black nickel with glitter manes.

HogwildStuff will also be carrying some of the coins. I am not certain which metals they decided on but they will have quite a few available. The coins will go on sale as soon as Hogwild gets them in. I am very excited! I cannot wait to get them!