Bossier City, La

crabbyamanda

Hello. I am new...I just got my first GPS (Magellan 300).

I am hoping that someone in my area can help me. I keep putting in all the coords...but they take me to the EXACT same place each time! I know i put them in right. THe user manual is not to user friendly either. I am just frustrated. I have a 7 yr old that is really wanting to do this....I told him it is a treasure hunt.....and he has been excited. I just dont know what to do! I put in the coords and it seems like when I put them in, they are always N and W. Then they always take me to SLigo Road, Loggy Bayou area! Can someone help? :ph34r:

I am hoping that someone in my area can help me. I keep putting in all the coords...but they take me to the EXACT same place each time! I know i put them in right. THe user manual is not to user friendly either. I am just frustrated. I have a 7 yr old that is really wanting to do this....I told him it is a treasure hunt.....and he has been excited. I just dont know what to do! I put in the coords and it seems like when I put them in, they are always N and W. Then they always take me to SLigo Road, Loggy Bayou area! Can someone help? :ninja:

Hello, I'm not sure if you figured this out or if anyone has come up to help so i'll try to myself. I do know that N and W are correct for your area and you don't want to change those. I don't use a Magellan but i bet you can get plenty of help and advice in the "getting started" area of the forum. I know you wanted local help but you might try posting your question there and see what you find out. Goodluck and welcome to our fun little addiction!

There is a crapload of caches on the Shreveport downtown side of the river -- lots of really fun stuff to find. Looked like a few on the Bossier City side as well, but not worth the walk after 7-8 miles on the other side of the river.

Use Google maps to zero in on the caches -- if your GPS doesn't take you to the same place, you are doing it wrong.

Edited by qlenfg

I am hoping that someone in my area can help me. I keep putting in all the coords...but they take me to the EXACT same place each time! I know i put them in right. THe user manual is not to user friendly either. I am just frustrated. I have a 7 yr old that is really wanting to do this....I told him it is a treasure hunt.....and he has been excited. I just dont know what to do! I put in the coords and it seems like when I put them in, they are always N and W. Then they always take me to SLigo Road, Loggy Bayou area! Can someone help? :ninja:

Howdy Crabbyamanda (can't wait to hear how you came up with that name). I hate to hear you are having to deal with the learning curve side of your gps unit. Bobby/Cajancacheman and his new wife Brenda/Sequoia live off Sligo Road and I bet they would be more than willing to meet up with you to give some pointers on getting started out. A lot of the geocaches over there in your area are theirs.

You can contact them thru their gc.cm profiles, or thru our free local geocaching website at www.nelageo.net.

Bobby and Brenda are super nice people. I think they can show you in two minutes what may take a while to diagnose thru the forums about your gps. I'll forward them this topic, and see if they will get in touch with you. We want you and your 7 year old to become as addicted as the rest of us. :grin: