Platinum Earth Cache Master

Rathergohiking

As a matter of interest, there are now 982 Platinum EarthCache Masters and we have awarded over 14,000 EarthCache Master awards at all levels.

Congratulations to everyone who has reached Platinum (in fact any) level!

Brilliant!

I wonder who will be number 1000?

Also - could you give a small table on how many ion each level?

Somehow I'd find it interesting how many cachers worldwilde fulfill the requirements for the various levels. These numbers certainly will be larger, in particular as the lower levels are regarded, than the numbers reported above by geoaware. I am aware that these numbers are not available.

Is a split-up according to countries of origin available?

Cezanne

There's 1 more Platinum member in the UK now!!

We had found 21 Earthcaches in 8 regions across the UK, Luxembourg and Austria by the 8th of February this year, and our 3rd Earthcache was accepted on the 1st of April giving us our Platinum award.

Now awaiting details of the new levels...

Chris & Sylvie of Matthew 7:7 Too

Edited by Matthew 7:7 Too

I got mine last year after putting 3 different ones in the same park. You follow a nice loop trail around a lake to do all 3. One on Moraines, one on Deltas, and on Folds. And if you choose you can bring your fishing pole and sit back and try to catch a nice trout.

And all I need is one more find in another State to go Platinum. When my son can get 2 more EC's approved, we will have to make a cache run. It would be about 6 hours of driving time just to make a round trip.

Me too. I just did Oregon and got my Gold. I live less than 3 hours away from the closest EC in Nevada. I have just never found the time.

I just finally got my platinum certification. I have found 108 ECs, but the writing part is not easy for me. The third one was approved this morning, and I'm still working on 4, 5 and 6. Even though the new 'awards' won't involve writing more, I still want to contribute. And since it is still early here, I had to tell *somebody* without possibly waking people up.

I just finally got my platinum certification. I have found 108 ECs, but the writing part is not easy for me. The third one was approved this morning, and I'm still working on 4, 5 and 6. Even though the new 'awards' won't involve writing more, I still want to contribute. And since it is still early here, I had to tell *somebody* without possibly waking people up.

Well done - brilliant to have another Platinum cacher in - squeaked in before the new system is launched. Well Done and glad to see you are still committed to writing up new ECs

Good on you! ...and 108 finds should elevate you to the second of the new levels (I think). Thanks for being an active EarthCacher.

Good on you! ...and 108 finds should elevate you to the second of the new levels (I think). Thanks for being an active EarthCacher.

Yes...you will be at Mica level!

Hmm. Guess we're overdue for applying, we've found ECs in 12 states and 4 countries other than the US, and we've hidden six so far. I'll try to overcome the sllooooooooow work internet to put the application together.

edit: well, that was easy. Wonder what # I am? geoaware?

Edited by hzoi

At GeoWoodstock IX on the weekend, there was a game where you had to fill out a sheet with cacher names that met certain criteria (over 100 solved puzzles, visited Groundspeak HQ, etc.) I was surprised that one of the toughest ones to fill out was the "Is a Platinum EarthCache Master". Now that I see there are less than 1000 of us worldwide, I guess it's not that surprising after all.

Just went Platinum!!!! Have 58 finds in 3 countries and 20+ US States plus the 3 required placements. Plan to work on developing a few more..

Congratulations, that is awesome! When I first started aiming towards the goal of being an ECM, I thought that I will accomplish the minimum and get my stripes. It is amazing the way it gets kind of habit forming. I have made 7 ECs now and am always on the lookout to try and make some more!

So this might be a stupid question, but what does it mean when you submit the form for Platinum, and never get a reply via email? I've definitely fulfilled the requirements, and got the Gold email immediately. I'm not really worried about it, just wondering.

Thanks.

How long has it been since you sent the form?

So this might be a stupid question, but what does it mean when you submit the form for Platinum, and never get a reply via email? I've definitely fulfilled the requirements, and got the Gold email immediately. I'm not really worried about it, just wondering.

Thanks.

Could the email have ended up in your spam folder?

Mrs. terratin

Thanks.

Could the email have ended up in your spam folder?

Mrs. terratin

No I checked my spam folder. That was the first thing I thought of. It's been two and half months since I submitted the form, which I did about 5 minutes after receiving the notice that my third EC had been published. I copied the html code for the Platinum badge from someone's webpage, so at least I have that.

I also never received an email for Silver, but like I mentioned the Gold email came about 30 seconds after I hit send on the form.

So I swung by the shop today to get my gold and platinum pins, to learn platinum was no longer carried. BUMMER! So as a platinum member, can I ask if anyone has one available or geoaware have you thought about making the levels available like the finds? I like the mica tag I saw the other day, could we do something like that? Just a thought.... Now back to reading about Arkansas Novaculite..