Platinum Earth Cache Master

Rathergohiking

I made Platinum level last month (finally got that 3rd EC submitted and approved). I applied for and received the Platinum pin, then for some reason, I received another one a couple of days ago. Guess you could say I'm Double-Platinum! LOL. Santa brought me a full set of the EC coins last Christmas.

I also have one of the white pins for being FTF on This Challenge Cache. :)

We do our best to make sure all the Platinum level people get their pin asap. This is a mistake on my behalf that you were sent two...and maybe you might like to send one back so I can reward it t another who is waiting?

We also just submitted the form for the Platinum Pin. We found the last two in the UAE last week. Thanks to Carbon Hunter for placing them :blink: In total we found Earthcaches in 7 countries and some more states.

Mrs.Terratin

Congratulations on the achievement. Well done. :( Thanks also to you for developing an EC in Qatar that helped me get to my Platinum as well. :D Enjoy being back in Norway where you can find many more.

We also just submitted the form for the Platinum Pin. We found the last two in the UAE last week. Thanks to Carbon Hunter for placing them ;) In total we found Earthcaches in 7 countries and some more states.

Mrs.Terratin

Well done - and what an adventure on your Oman trip with the car "breaking down" in the desert :rolleyes:

Personally I don't understand why the different levels require finds in different states/countries. If I find 20 or more in my home state I think that should qualify for platinum. Or maybe 30 even, but I don't get the requirement to drive out of state to get to some level. Everyone likes to talk about "going green" but where I live I have to drive 300 miles just to get to one other state, that's not too "green" in my mind just to get to a "level". If you live in Alaska you would have a real problem getting to four other states.

Edited by kwhart

Personally I don't understand why the different levels require finds in different states/countries. If I find 20 or more in my home state I think that should qualify for platinum. Or maybe 30 even, but I don't get the requirement to drive out of state to get to some level. Everyone likes to talk about "going green" but where I live I have to drive 300 miles just to get to one other state, that's not too "green" in my mind just to get to a "level". If you live in Alaska you would have a real problem getting to four other states.

I do like the Platinum level and I am going to work towards getting that level done. Earth caching is really addictive!!

I am still only Gold level even though I have 44 EC finds in four states and two hides in Alabama. I am working on my third hide now. I am planning on a cruise to Mexico :( and looking forward to doing a few EC there. I have been caching for two years as of now with Finds in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi and Tennessee. I am looking forward to getting my Platinum :) .

Ray / Beep~Beep

I think I am the first (and only so far) Platinum Earthcache member in Connecticut. I really love the cool places you get to see and learn about

After completing the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro I was disappointed not to see many caches in Tanzania so I have 8 (and one more on the way) to highlight this amazing country.

Edited by KDubs

I've been working on my goal for "triple platinum" for some time. Already have developed 10 earthcaches and found earthcaches in 15 different states/provinces. Need five more earthcache finds to hit 60 and get all three requirements. Hope to do so in the coming weeks - most of the unfound earthcaches near me are about a hundred miles or more away from home.

I've been working on my goal for "triple platinum" for some time. Already have developed 10 earthcaches and found earthcaches in 15 different states/provinces. Need five more earthcache finds to hit 60 and get all three requirements. Hope to do so in the coming weeks - most of the unfound earthcaches near me are about a hundred miles or more away from home.

I put one at least in your region over the summer. Since it is in MS it probably is over 100 miles away.

Woo-hoo, completed my Platinum quals today and even managed to time this with my 400 milestone! Started seven months ago on a trip to Germany when I was introduced to ECs during a caching run, and so far have managed to log ECs in 9 states in two countries. When I first started and got my Bronze I never thought that I'd get to this point. :)

With the recent publication of GC2GP79 "Sword in the Stone" (which is not yet found yet up in Ontario, BTW), I can now announce that I've reached Platinum. :P

For me it was creating of them that was the slow part, not the finding. I've found over 50 in 11 states plus Canada.

Now what's next, Palladium? Titanium? Zirconium? How about Lanthanum? That's a pricey commodity these days...

I completed the Earthcache Platinum Masters level on a trip to the Everglades in Florida week before last. Went Platinum in Mississippi. Working on the "50" earthcaches found now.

P.S. They don't send out any pins anymore, we have to buy them. That's okay by me, got mine in the mail.

Edited by kwhart

It's official, I became a platinum ECM on February 20th, 2011! I can't believe some oof the sights we have seen and some of the learning we have done as a result! Thanks to all the hard work of mt fellow cachers and the EC reviewers!!

+1

All politics of the program aside, many of the locations and much of the information is truly magnificent. I drove several hundred miles to get my Platinum status a few years ago...the drive was well worth it as was the location I was brought to. In the end I guess the EC and Masters program are what you make of it.

It's official, I became a platinum ECM on February 20th, 2011! I can't believe some oof the sights we have seen and some of the learning we have done as a result! Thanks to all the hard work of mt fellow cachers and the EC reviewers!!

Congratulations, now you can being working on the all new "Double Platinum" Earthcache Master award. Oh wait, Double Platinum is for the Grammy's. :-)

The great thing about the ECM program is that it requires people to not just find earthcaches but to create them as well. Once you've gone to the effort to create one, it certainly gives you an all new appreciation for all of those ECs that you've been finding and enjoying!

The great thing about the ECM program is that it requires people to not just find earthcaches but to create them as well. Once you've gone to the effort to create one, it certainly gives you an all new appreciation for all of those ECs that you've been finding and enjoying!

I am sorry to say, but I have encountered many Earthcaches by EC masters which just copied some text from a web page or an information board. I have invested considerably more time to come up with a decent English translation for someone's else EC than some EC owners have invested into their ECs. This might, however, be a reagional issue and one of the reasons why so few people here can understand my contributions.

Motivated by Ashallond's posting I had a look at his ECs and I am sure that I would enjoy his ECs while I regard almost all in my area as boring. I would not like to live in the US, but the ECs there are on average much more attractive to me than the ones in Austria and Germany.

Congratulation to all you have obtained the Platinum level and whose primary motivation in coming up with own ECs was to share knowledge about the wonderful world of geology and who did not stop to become interested into EC once they had obtained the highest possible level.

Cezanne

One of the great things about caching is that you can set your own goals. I finally met my goal of being "triple platinum" which means developing at least nine earthcaches and finding at least 60 earthcaches in a minimum of 15 states or provinces. Earthcaching has brought me to thirteen different states and two Canadian provinces. I've developed ten earthcaches in three different states. Now it is on to "quadruple platinum"!

One of the great things about caching is that you can set your own goals. I finally met my goal of being "triple platinum" which means developing at least nine earthcaches and finding at least 60 earthcaches in a minimum of 15 states or provinces. Earthcaching has brought me to thirteen different states and two Canadian provinces. I've developed ten earthcaches in three different states. Now it is on to "quadruple platinum"!

Congrats! That's what the program is all about. Keep it up! :)

Now I'm being recruited by a silver master to help her make a good one so she can earn her gold.

It's good to be platinum. :)

It is humbling when people ask you for help - it is great being a Platinum cacher. Also tough living in areas where there are not many EC's - need to place more than you can find :)

Hi CH.

You were one of the most important EC developers on my road to get to platinum. The sad thing is that I got platinum before you did because of your location.

I wish I could help you out a bit but for that you have to travel back south!

Edited by Bouts777

Hi CH.

You were one of the most important EC developers on my road to get to platinum. The sad thing is that I got platinum before you did because of your location.

Thanks Bouts - I appreciate the kind words - and i am pleased to have gotten EC Platinum eventually - and now well on my way to my 50th EC hide

Hi CH.

Thanks Bouts - I appreciate the kind words - and i am pleased to have gotten EC Platinum eventually - and now well on my way to my 50th EC hide

We have read each of your EC pages. Our only regret is that we are not close. Keep up the good work!

We have read each of your EC pages. Our only regret is that we are not close. Keep up the good work!

:anicute: blush

No need to blush. I have looked at some of your ECs (did not have the time to look at all) and I liked those

I looked at. I particularly liked the way you set up your questions that requires some activity from the visitor

that he cannot do at home. What kind of background do you have? (You do not need to answer this question).

In any case some of your ECs could well serve as models for how ECs with tasks that I find interesting

(that's of course subjective) can be set up.

It is a pity that in your area there is an abundance of interesting EC locations and only few potential Earthcachers

while in my area it is rather the other way round (which is even worse). I'd wish that I'd live closer to your caches.

Cezanne

:anicute: blush

No need to blush. I have looked at some of your ECs (did not have the time to look at all) and I liked those

I looked at. I particularly liked the way you set up your questions that requires some activity from the visitor

that he cannot do at home. What kind of background do you have? (You do not need to answer this question).

In any case some of your ECs could well serve as models for how ECs with tasks that I find interesting

(that's of course subjective) can be set up.

It is a pity that in your area there is an abundance of interesting EC locations and only few potential Earthcachers

while in my area it is rather the other way round (which is even worse). I'd wish that I'd live closer to your caches.

Cezanne

Yes - it is frustrating having to plug away at getting Earthcaches listed and not having any to find.

I must have about 20 odd really great earthcache locations on my "to research and publish" list - there are just so many stunning locations around here - but it takes time and effort to get them through the system.

Background - a chemist - but with a few earth science subjects (like geology, geography and soil science) at undergrad level. Working now on carbon emission reduction to reduce cliate change impacts.

The main love of the environment stems from growing up close to nature in South Africa - another stunning country with so much EC potential. I am really glad that SA has now reached a critical mass with EC's being published regularly by various cachers. For a long time there were very few there too.

My main aim in asking questions is to look at some specific geological aspects - but also to look at the great environment where one is and look at the links between geology and the environment (ecology, human geography, landforms etc.) - as there can sometimes be interesting links - plus - it is those seemingly insignificant issues that make geocachign so special (like seeing vultures close by, or ants being trapped in ant lion holes etc.).

Edited by Carbon Hunter

We just reached Platinum level!! :D We have been waiting for the chance to visit our 5th state and finally got the chance. Found 23 in 5 different states and have developed 3 in AL.

Congratulations, It is such a thrill to acheive it (I am still buzzing from my own), now keep up the good work and publish a few more!!

I'm very happy to report that I finally made platinum a couple weeks back. It ended a roughly two year long quest. Now waiting for the pin I ordered, and the next set of challenges.

Congratulations! I remember how exciting it was to get that pin...It's a nice memento of the quests undertaken to earn it.