Platinum Earth Cache Master

Rathergohiking

I was out out with Capt. B from the O'Hara Cache Crew and I just finished my journey. I'm now a Platinum Earthcache Master. I have done Eathcaches in OH, TX, PA, NY, & Canada. I just finished publishing my 8th Erathcache as well. It was fun to do. I look forward to publishing more. Maybe they will have Titanium Level where you have to visit 6 states, countires, or provinces and publish 5 Earthcaches. That would be cool.

I was out out with Capt. B from the O'Hara Cache Crew and I just finished my journey. I'm now a Platinum Earthcache Master. I have done Eathcaches in OH, TX, PA, NY, & Canada. I just finished publishing my 8th Erathcache as well. It was fun to do. I look forward to publishing more. Maybe they will have Titanium Level where you have to visit 6 states, countires, or provinces and publish 5 Earthcaches. That would be cool.

A big way-to-go from KK & M.

Several months ago, we took ill with the EC bug and I am afraid it developed into a chronic illness that can only be controlled by finding/developing more ECs. From your description, we are afraid that you are showing the early symptoms. While it may be incurable, it is not fatal as long as you continue to place and find ECs!

Congratulations! :sad:

Several months ago, we took ill with the EC bug and I am afraid it developed into a chronic illness that can only be controlled by finding/developing more ECs. From your description, we are afraid that you are showing the early symptoms. While it may be incurable, it is not fatal as long as you continue to place and find ECs!

Congratulations! :D

Are you saying I'm really sick? :P:D

I am still only bronze even though I have 29 EC finds in two states and 9 hides in 5 states. The problem for me is getting some finds in other states. I am planning trips to WY/SD and another to Las Vegas this summer so I should be able to get this by mid July.

Congratulations! :D

Are you saying I'm really sick? :D:laughing:

I am trying to catch up with the degree of your illness! Just kidding. Please don't be offended, I've been into too much drama here lately and I don't want to start some more. I only meant my diagnosis in the highest regard. Some of us sneeze and others have a need for therapy! I just looked at your profile and I am jealous of

not being as far along with the illness...........yet!

On second thought, with this swine, scratch that, the H1N1 flu, this is no time for illness jokes! :P

Edited by Konnarock Kid & Marge

Thanks CH, this achievement was done mainly due to your influence and all the great EC’s you placed around South Africa. I know there are more cachers in SA that are working hard to get there Platinum Masters. Carbon Hunter you put EC’s in SA on the map and hopefully when your return you will have a feast and can get your Platinum status.

One of the great things about geocaching is you can set your own goals and do things at your own pace. We our now "Double Platinum" earthcachers - over 40 earthcache finds in over ten states/provinces and at least six developed caches. "Triple Platinum" is our next goal.

Congrats! You are really contributing to the sport/game/hobby. Keep up the good work and fun. :ph34r:

I have my Platinum too plus the white pin for finding the very first Earth cache published. So total of 5 pins. Hope the program is extended and more challenges are included.

Sorry about the threadjack here, but what is the very first EC? I can't seem to find a way to search by date placed.

To get back to the subject (sort of), I'm Silver, and will have enough finds for Gold by the end of February (still need to place a second one, but have plans in the works). Maybe Platinum can happen later this year...

I have my Platinum too plus the white pin for finding the very first Earth cache published. So total of 5 pins. Hope the program is extended and more challenges are included.

Sorry about the threadjack here, but what is the very first EC? I can't seem to find a way to search by date placed.

To get back to the subject (sort of), I'm Silver, and will have enough finds for Gold by the end of February (still need to place a second one, but have plans in the works). Maybe Platinum can happen later this year...

Earthcache I - a simple geology tour of Wasp Head by geoaware (GCHFT2)

Earthcache I - a simple geology tour of Wasp Head by geoaware (GCHFT2)

This EC gave us the idea of our multi-stop cache, A Geological Walk In Time. We would love to do the very first one! :D

This discussion reminds us, where is the subject, "beyond the Platinum Level?" Is the idea dead? :ph34r:

This EC gave us the idea of our multi-stop cache, A Geological Walk In Time. We would love to do the very first one! :D

This discussion reminds us, where is the subject, "beyond the Platinum Level?" Is the idea dead? :D

That is a very good question. There is nothing like adding a (new) target to get people to aim for in order to revitalise one's interests in EarthCaching.

I got Platinum in '08 mostly cause of Cav... got to live a summer in KY and he had some amazing EC's al around there... Now I am into rock climbing and wish I could go back live in KY again. EC's became a new love for me but they are slim pickins up here in Philly but I have a letter of approval from the Cascade Mountain Rangers for as many as I can place and am working on a bunch out there. I grew up in Seattle and my favorite place to hike and play is on the coast of Washington in the Cascades... Love this stuff.

Thanks Cav for providing so much education, fear and fun.

I just received platinum level last week. I only learned of geocaching last April and then only learned about earthcaches in June. But I was hooked. So, I found 20 -- Hawaii, California, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Switzerland, Germany. I had the second and third EC ready to go when the freeze on submittals came. It was a long wait, but that is now past. When I submitted the third EC, geoaware approved it within 15 minutes. i was still uploading the diagrams when the approval came through. ECs have renewed a longstanding, but not developed, interest in geology from many years ago. Everywhere I go, I think of what kind of geological formation would be interesting to me and to others. It is just too cool.

My first EC was the green sand beach on the Big Island in Hawai'i. It was so interesting and now I am hooked. After that experience I set the goal to reach the platinum level. It took seven months, but I made it. But is was Daniel's EC in Hawai'i that inspired me.

I would love to plan a vacation just to get Daniel's ECs. The "green beach" would be the first stop! :D

Folks like Daniel, Terrydad2 and some others deserve a special master's level award.

WHY?

I think what really turned us onto EarthCaching more than anything were the EarthCaches in the Red River Gorge in Kentucky. For that, we've got to thank Cav Scout and some other local ECers. Say what you may, but if folks like him and Daniel didn't place wonderful ECs, I am afraid EarthCaching would die on the vine!

Oh I know once in a while someone expresses the fear that "we are getting too many EarthCaches. therefore quality is bound to go down"................................................................................prove it!

When the naysayers get up on the soap box and express that fear one, only has to point to Wherigo caches. It's a little like EarthCaching because you can't simply throw a film cannister into a lamp shirt. It takes a lot of time and resolve to do a Wherigo cache just like developing EarthCaches.

Why am I saying this? Wherigo is not taking off and people complain there is simply not enough Wherigo caches to make it worth buying the proper GPSr etc. to do it.

As of this post, there are 6 Wherigo caches in the three States we most cache in. Wherigo may or may not take hold. Personally, I hope it does, but, with EarthCaching, thank God for all of the Masters out there, for they keep it going. They are EarthCaching.

I guess that's why we would like to see something beyond the Platinum Masters level. If it wasn't for the sincere ECers who take the time and do the work to develop EarthCaches all over the World, EarthCaching would die on the vine! Frankly, I don't think we need an additional incentive for folks to develop ECs, but it would be nice.

Thanks and now I'll get off my own soapbox. :D

Edited to correct my terrible misspelling of Terrydad2's name!

Edited by Konnarock Kid & Marge

Two more Michigan cachers to add to the list of Platinum EarthCache Masters: LookingUPward and Team Kalsin.

Congratulations to all!

This is the updated Michigan Platinum EarthCache Masters list:

(not listed in any particular order)

LookingUPward

Team Kalsin

GVSU4MSU

Team Kalsin

Pairomedicchick

Hitechman

Hitechgal

South Lyon Trekkers

Rathergohiking

Rattrak

Cyclops

Brummelbear

The Conman

Lost Scouts

DeRock & the Psychic Cacher

Anybody know of any other Michigan geocachers that have reached Platinum status that I've missed? Just let me know and I'll update the list.

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

Two more Michigan cachers to add to the list of Platinum EarthCache Masters: LookingUPward and Team Kalsin.

Congratulations to all!

LookingUPward

Team Kalsin

GVSU4MSU

Team Kalsin

Pairomedicchick

Hitechman

Hitechgal

South Lyon Trekkers

Rathergohiking

Rattrak

Cyclops

Brummelbear

The Conman

Lost Scouts

Anybody know of any other Michigan geocachers that have reached Platinum status that I've missed? Just let me know and I'll update the list.

Deane

You can add Frank and Peggy to your list of Platinum Earthcachers in Michigan.....

One more Michigan caching team to add to the list of Platinum EarthCache Masters: Frank and Peggy (and a tip of the hat to Cricket too :blink: ).

Congratulations to all!

Frank and Peggy

LookingUPward

Team Kalsin

GVSU4MSU

Team Kalsin

Pairomedicchick

Hitechman

Hitechgal

South Lyon Trekkers

Rathergohiking

Rattrak

Cyclops

Brummelbear

The Conman

Lost Scouts

Deane

I obtained platinum late last summer after being at bronze level for a few years. I had a carefully crafted plan to slowly but surely get up to platinum by the end of 2010, but then the EC bug hit me and I completed it a year earlier than I thought I would.

Although I only have four ECs published, I get a huge rush every time one is accepted and transferred to me. I feel like each EC I have published is like a child -- I love them equally but differently at the same time. <_<

Well it's really great to be able to post a message in this topic eventually.

Just logged my 20th EC find - covering 6 different countries and 2 1/2 years between first and last (that's what happens when you live in and travel to areas sparsely covered by EC's).

I have managed to hide 39 (soon to be 41 pending review) ECs in the Middle East and Africa (8 countries).

So I'm really pleased to have that.

Now the target is 100 finds!

Well it's really great to be able to post a message in this topic eventually.

Just logged my 20th EC find - covering 6 different countries and 2 1/2 years between first and last (that's what happens when you live in and travel to areas sparsely covered by EC's).

I have managed to hide 39 (soon to be 41 pending review) ECs in the Middle East and Africa (8 countries).

So I'm really pleased to have that.

Now the target is 100 finds!

Congrats and best of luck on reaching 100...

I like the way Carbon Hunter reported his EC finds. :blink: Here are my qualifications for my Platinum Status. Next milestone will also be for 100 finds and 50 developments.

FINDS = 20

Maldives - 1

Qatar - 2

United Arab Emirates - 3

Oman - 1

North West, RSA - 4

Gauteng, RSA - 2

Mpumalanga, RSA - 2

KwaZulu Natal, RSA - 1

Queensland, Australia - 4

DEVELOPED = 16

Qatar - 7

New South Wales, Australia - 1

Queensland, Australia - 2

Hong Kong - 1

Limpopo, RSA - 1

North West, RSA - 1

Mpumalanga, RSA - 3

A big THANK YOU to all who have taken the effort to find my EC's and answer all the questions. For me reading the "Found" logs are just as important and enjoyable as logging a find myself.

Edited by cincol

I made Platinum level last month (finally got that 3rd EC submitted and approved). I applied for and received the Platinum pin, then for some reason, I received another one a couple of days ago. Guess you could say I'm Double-Platinum! LOL. Santa brought me a full set of the EC coins last Christmas.

I also have one of the white pins for being FTF on This Challenge Cache. :)

Edited by HoustonControl