Platinum Earth Cache Master

Rathergohiking

We recently obtained the platinum level - 20+ finds in at least five states/countries (Michigan, Texas, Illinois, Indiana and Ontario) plus, 3 hides. Kind of anti-climatic now.............

Congratulations to you!! That's how it is.... you work so hard towards it and then you're sad because you'd like to be able to go on even further. Maybe someday.

We recently obtained the platinum level - 20+ finds in at least five states/countries (Michigan, Texas, Illinois, Indiana and Ontario) plus, 3 hides. Kind of anti-climatic now.............

Congratulations Rathergohiking!

There are actually several in our great state of Michigan. Most of us are pretty modest about it and don't advertise the fact.

Rattrak

Cyclops

DeRock & the Psychic Cacher

Brummelbear

The Conman (although he hasn't logged it from yesterday yet - I was with him)

Lost Scouts

There may be more that I am unaware of and I apologize in advance if I've forgotten any.

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

Wow! When you all hit 100 ECs finds you can do this cache, http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...31-8522bd80886a

Congratulations Rathergohiking!

There are actually several in our great state of Michigan. Most of us are pretty modest about it and don't advertise the fact.

Rattrak

Cyclops

Brummelbear

The Conman (although he hasn't logged it from yesterday yet - I was with him)

Lost Scouts

There may be more that I am unaware of and I apologize in advance if I've forgotten any.

Deane

I would bet that Cav Scout and Rev Mike are platinum. If not they are pretty close.

Yep... 134 finds across 16 states and 13 developed across 6 states with a few more in various stages of development.

Wow! When you all hit 100 ECs finds you can do this cache, http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...31-8522bd80886a

I have taken a few months off and have no plans to do much caching for a few more months but when I do I am really going to go at it. I am currently planning a 3+ week/20 state caching route and you had better believe I will be grabbing at least a few dozen EarthCaches along the way. The worst part is I will be in California for that trip but not near the 100 EarthCache finds cache :D

And many thanks to everyone out there developing EarthCaches... I may not have found one of yours yet but I will get there sooner or later.

- Rev Mike

Have 6 EC finds - and 30 EC hides!!!!!! Can I claim a "reverse" earthcache masters level? :ninja:

I think that's reasonable :grin:

maybe just fill in the form backwards and see what happens :P

I did a trip this summer and got all the requirements for platinum masters in two weeks.. so I guess i went double platinum! :)

Averaging his ownership of ECs and finds, you have a lot of work ahead of you :laughing: .

The hardest thing about EarthCaching is having that many finds.

Oxsling from TN is a "BEYOND" Platinum EarthCache Master with over 350 EC finds.

Oh crap! Somebody has more EarthCache finds than I have EarthCache listings :laughing: . I guess I have to get working again. :wub:

Edited by Cav Scout

Averaging his ownership of ECs and finds, you have a lot of work ahead of you :wub: .

and doing them legitimately..meaning really finding AND really placing the EC's :laughing: not all have done that :laughing: I think most REAL EC's know who those people are.

Edited by maggiebelle

I personally know Oxsling and pretty sure they been to each EC. Look at their pictures.

Averaging his ownership of ECs and finds, you have a lot of work ahead of you :wub: .

and doing them legitimately..meaning really finding AND really placing the EC's :laughing: not all have done that :laughing: I think most REAL EC's know who those people are.

Congratulations!

Where can I find the requirements for these Earth Cache levels? Are there other levels for other types of caches? I read something about "rankings" amongst cachers but couldn't find any information on it. Any information would be appreciated. This adds a new and different element to the sport which makes it all the more fun and interesting.

Congratulations!

Where can I find the requirements for these Earth Cache levels? Are there other levels for other types of caches? I read something about "rankings" amongst cachers but couldn't find any information on it. Any information would be appreciated. This adds a new and different element to the sport which makes it all the more fun and interesting.

Information about the EarthCache Masters Program.

Information about the ranking of geocachers by number of finds can be found at Grand High Pobah.

Deane

We achieved platinum sometime early last summer. We have 143 finds and own 6 EC listings. Working on a couple more. We do go to the places we put them, which is the fun part for us.

I'm hoping we can make some travel plans based around the cool ECs people mentioned in my "show off your state" thread. Congratulations to all who have joined the platinum club!

Thanks!

That means a lot coming from you. I remember you guys from the MWGB. :anicute::(;)

Since this thread is about others who have obtained platinum :) .

I'm at 340 finds and owner of over 140 Earthcaches.

Congratulations! :D

Deane

Edited by Cav Scout

Averaging his ownership of ECs and finds, you have a lot of work ahead of you :( .

Oxsling from TN is a "BEYOND" Platinum EarthCache Master with over 350 EC finds.

Oh crap! Somebody has more EarthCache finds than I have EarthCache listings :anicute: . I guess I have to get working again. ;)

We all have to have our goals and set them high enough that we can have fun always trying to achieve them.

Sorry but the Grand Muftie (Pobah) or whatever only gives total finds and that's for the micro chasers! :D

Congratulations!

Information about the EarthCache Masters Program.

Information about the ranking of geocachers by number of finds can be found at Grand High Pobah.

Deane

We reached Platinum status this past summer. We have 85 finds and 3 hides. Currently we are working on getting to our 100th find, but the EarthCaches are getting farther and farther from home. I have a bunch in the works, but winter has kept me from publishing some of them. I hope to get them ready for the spring.

I didn't realize that Roger. Congratulations! Sorry I didn't include you on the previous list.

So here is the updated Michigan Platinum EarthCache Masters list:

South Lyon Trekkers

Rathergohiking

Rattrak

Cyclops

Brummelbear

The Conman

Lost Scouts

Anybody know of any other Michigan geocachers that have reached Platinum status that I've missed? Just let me know and I'll update the list. :)

Deane

Two more Michigan cachers to add to the list of Platinum EarthCache Masters: Hitechman and Hitechgal. Congratulations to you both on this achievement!

This is the updated Michigan Platinum EarthCache Masters list:

Hitechman

Hitechgal

South Lyon Trekkers

Rathergohiking

Rattrak

Cyclops

Brummelbear

The Conman

Lost Scouts

Anybody know of any other Michigan geocachers that have reached Platinum status that I've missed? Just let me know and I'll update the list. :laughing:

Deane

One more Michigan cacher to add to the list of Platinum EarthCache Masters: Pairomedicchick

Pairomedicchick

Hitechman

Hitechgal

South Lyon Trekkers

Rathergohiking

Rattrak

Cyclops

Brummelbear

The Conman

Lost Scouts

Anybody know of any other Michigan geocachers that have reached Platinum status that I've missed? Just let me know and I'll update the list.

Deane

Hey Cav,

I am not sure I agree with this part of your statement:

"The hardest thing about EarthCaching is having that many finds."

Now you should know because you top about everyone else in finds and hides but averaging the D/T ratings on most ECs, I think placing an EC is more difficult than finding them. Getting approval for a traditional cache is a walk-in-the-park as compared to an approval for an EC. (I am not complaining because I think is should be that way!)

Since you have done a lot more (hides and finds) than the rest of us, what do you think?

Edited by Konnarock Kid & Marge

Placing and getting approval is certainly a lot harder than finding a EC, but I do know that there are places in the USA where placing a EC is easier than finding ECs due to the low EC numbers for some locations.

Getting back on topic, there are alot lot more platinum EC masters compared to a few years ago and thats a good thing :bad: .

Hey Cav,

I am not sure I agree with this part of your statement:

"The hardest thing about EarthCaching is having that many finds."

Now you should know because you top about everyone else in finds and hides but averaging the D/T ratings on most ECs, I think placing an EC is more difficult than finding them. Getting approval for a traditional cache is a walk-in-the-park as compared to an approval for an EC. (I am not complaining because I think is should be that way!)

Since you have done a lot more (hides and finds) than the rest of us, what do you think?

One more Michigan cacher to add to the list of Platinum EarthCache Masters: Pairomedicchick

Pairomedicchick

Hitechman

Hitechgal

South Lyon Trekkers

Rathergohiking

Rattrak

Cyclops

Brummelbear

The Conman

Lost Scouts

Anybody know of any other Michigan geocachers that have reached Platinum status that I've missed? Just let me know and I'll update the list.

Deane

Another to add: Team Kaslin

One more Michigan cacher to add to the list of Platinum EarthCache Masters: Team Kalsin

(not listed in any particular order)

Team Kalsin

Pairomedicchick

Hitechman

Hitechgal

South Lyon Trekkers

Rathergohiking

Rattrak

Cyclops

Brummelbear

The Conman

Lost Scouts

Deane

I am a huge fan of EarthCaches and achieved Platinum last fall. It would be fun to add a number designation to the Platinum level - for example, maybe every 50 EC finds, so it would be Platinum 50, EarthCache Master, Platinum 100 EarthCache Master, Platinum 150, EarthCache Master and so forth.

Thanks,

OFG

Regarding achieving the Platinum level, for us, it is the thing that we are the most proud of in our brief geocaching 'careers'.

With the proliferation of lame micros and number hungry cachers, we have come close to giving up on traditional geocaching but ECs keep the cache blood flowing.

Congrats to all who love ECs and have achieved the Platinum level!

"ECs Rock or at least some are Rock!"

Edited by Konnarock Kid & Marge

I got my Plat. pin! I live where it is a short drive to get to 4 states and a few hours will get you to a fith but there are not alot of earthcaches around here! Now at the eastern end of Kentucky... We did live in Nebraska so when we make the trip up to see family you might think one could snag them along the way but there are still only a few. Well if my wife like caching it would help, HA! But hey I got it done! I caint wait till they develope the next level!

I just realized I qualify for bronze, so I applied for the pin. I think platinum earthcache master is now on my `things to do' list, I've not found many, but every single one of them were fascinating so far. A coal mine fire that's been burning since the 60's, unique round rocks and an ancient native American flint mine, what's not to like there?

One more Michigan cacher to add to the list of Platinum EarthCache Masters: GVSU4MSU

(not listed in any particular order)

GVSU4MSU

Team Kalsin

Pairomedicchick

Hitechman

Hitechgal

South Lyon Trekkers

Rathergohiking

Rattrak

Cyclops

Brummelbear

The Conman

Lost Scouts

Deane