It's my birthday COINTEST

Vanelle

Hey there! Today is my bithday. I have never started a topic or held a contest, but I'm feeling pretty happy today to have the day off, a couple of caches to find, and time to quilt.

So, here goes.

The cointest runs until midnight tonight.

All you need to do is post the answer to this question:

What is the FIRST CONCERT you ever attended?

If anyone's answer matches the first concert I ever attended, they win a coin. If no one's answer matches, then whichever answer is alphebetically closest will win.

What do you win? Well, a jukebox of course!

2ec2587a-18ad-4584-9e61-c452461e2e68.jpg

Edited by Vanelle

Hey there! Today is my bithday. I have never started a topic or held a contest, but I'm feeling pretty happy today to have the day off, a couple of caches to find, and time to quilt.

So, here goes.

If anyone's answer matches the first concert I ever attended, they win a coin. If no one's answer matches, then whichever answer is alphebetically closest will win.

First...Happy Birthday to you! Mine was on Wednesday, and I am still feeling the joy that you have today. I also took the day off of work on my b-day. I hope you have a wonderful day, and weekend, watching the snow come through.

The first rock concert I ever attended was Stryper, back in November of 1988. Hurricane was the opening act. It was my senior year in high school, and they were the first Christian band to make it in the secular market. They were a typical hair band, in the same musical vein as Poison, Guns -n- Roses, Motley Crue, etc.

Again...happiest of b-day wishes, and thanx for the cointest.

Edited by SgtMikal

Happy Birthday!!!

The first rock concert I went to was the Summer Sanitarium Tour in 2000. Metallica, Kid Rock, Korn, System of a Down, and Powerman 5000 were there. James Hetfield from Metallica wasn't there so all the other bands lead singers filled in on the vocals. It was a lot of fun.

Happy Birthday!!! And thank you so much for sharing your happiness today. And what a COOOL coin!!

You know if you told us your age we might have a better idea if we have a shot at this at all! ;-)

S'pose I could look in your gallery to help guesstimate.

But truth be told, my first rock concert was a bit late in my life game (college).

Madonna - (Like a virgin tour)

And does she put on a good concert! Music and dancing top notch!

And still around and putting them on !

Have a fabulous day off and may your caches be brimming with challenge and wonderful swag!

Wish I could plant a surprise for you in one!

Sandyduff

Vanelle! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! This is very cool as my birthday is tomorrow. Enjoy it cause I know I will.

So here is my guess, and I can guess it probably wont even be close, but what the hey.

My first concert I went to see was No Doubt. I think it was their Tragic Kingdom tour. Very high energetic show.

Opening for them was The Vandals

Again...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Happy Birthday Vanelle !! Hope you have a great relaxing day

This first concert I attended was with my older brother who took me to see John Denver. It was at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh and they opened the domed ceiling. Just loved it !! Even did the lighting of lighters and swaying

Far Out :yikes:

FIRST I WISH YOU A ..............

cake294.jpg

now i went to so much concerst of very different artist, but my first one i will never forget...

it was fantastic i went there with my brother and a couple of skate friendzzz..

the concert was a little RAP EVENT :yikes:

the artists where RUN DMC ~ BEASTY BOYZZ ~ PUBLIC ENEMY

Happy Birthday! I'm a Capricorn too, mine is later this month.

My first concert was also the Rolling Stones American Tour. The concert was in Nashville. Also a hundred years ago. I remember there were three of us in a little sports car with no top. It rained and we had car trouble, but we made it for the last song. My main memory of the concert is Mick Jagger blowing rose petals into the audience.

Thanks for the cointest and have a wonderful birthday!

Happy Birthday!!

I know I probably won't be close, but my first concert I can remember going to was a Hank Williams Jr. concert. Since you are from NY, however, I very seriously doubt that he was your first concert, but hey, you never know.

Thank you for the cointest and again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

happy_birthday01.gif

:D:D:D Happy birthday Vannelle :D:D:D

My first concert was herman brood and the Wild Romance

herman_brood__foto__285269h_1.jpg

saturday night was my favorite number

The neon light, of the "Open all night",

was just in time replaced by the magic appearance of a new day-while,

a melancholic Reno was crawling on his back just in,

front of the supermarket door-way child

Hey girl, on a cold summernight,

as we stood on the corner,

as a man passed by and asked us,

what we were doing what we need,

as he pointed his big fat finger

to the people hangin round at the corner of the - other side of street

Oh well

doin' nothing, just hanging around,

what do you mean doin' nothing Sir.

So we had to hit him to the ground,

doin' nothing just hanging around.

His head all busted lookin' just a lttle to wise child

I just can't wait

I just can't wait for saturday night

for saturday night

for saturday night

saturday night

bit with solo:

saturday night

saturday night

saturday night

I just can't wait

I just can't wait

He went to usa in 1979 and had there a album Go nuts

Lyrics: I Love You Like I Love Myself this one i like also.

All my friends say I'm a fool

I can still standing new boy hanging around

Every night, honey you…

Your not on the dance floor and oh he's back in town

And Margarita I want you so much can handle myself

Try to find me another lover that just turn out to be fooling myself

Cause honey, I want you

Refr. I love you like I love myself and I don't need nobody else 2x

And see you hanging around did you musky

I didn't see you down

I know you rock and roll fantasy playboy kind of boyfriend

And I hate to see him back in back in town

He Margarita I want you so much can handle myself

He, I try so hard to find me another lover, but I just fool myself

Cause, I want you

Refr. I love you like I love myself and I don't need nobody else 2x

Cause when you near, I can hear you

As long as you hanging around I don't feel you

SOLO

Refr. I love you like I love myself and I don't need nobody else

Thanks for the fun cointest question..brings me back a long time ago :blink::):laughing:

:D Have a good and happy birthday, hope all your wishes come true :D

Happy birthday to you!

My first concert was a family event to see Billy Joel. Interestingly, the show was on his birthday, so his manager came out early to prep the crowd. Billy opened with "Matter of Trust", which has the "1, 2, uh 1-2-3" opening line. The band was in on it, so as soon as he hit "3", the band stopped playing, and the entire arena broke out and sang happy birthday to him. It was pretty cool!

These responses are just cracking me up! Outstanding first concerts, every one - from Madonna, to Queen to even Barry Manilow! I love it.

And, for those of us who did light our lighters at our first concert a hundred years ago (as noted by BVnLJ), did you know that now, the kids OPEN THEIR CELLPHONES AND WAVE THEM??? Last year I took my kids to see a concert, and could not believe how old and lame I was....

I went to jump-start those brain cells, many of you older than 35 will understand :blink:

I did get some synapse firing and cleared the fog I remeber and I am ashamed to say:

Styx

KISS "Rock-n-Roll all Night......", sorry it still dores that :)

BTO

ELO

Monsters of Rock

David Bowie.

LedZepplin, had tickects Bonham died on his own ouke concert canceled SH*T.

Stones

Boston

Van Halen, with David Lee Roth, and with out

Black Sabbath. with Ozzy, and with Dio

Ozzy Solo Tour, with Randy Rhodes

Page and Plant tour

Cheap Trick " Your Moma's alright, your Daddy's alight...." there it goes again...

Lynard Skynard

Pink Floyd

The Commodoors

Angel

This was all of the Pre-Hair bands.

I also have a few after that ......

For those of you going YEAH RIGHT

Tickects back then we $20.00 and under, see attached:

2bf773b7-b533-4ba1-b77f-a8e019018c96.jpg

BVnLJ I also remeber when they used to open the roof, the cool rush of air and the smoke clearing was the best

But my first was Peter Frampton

So, here goes.

2ec2587a-18ad-4584-9e61-c452461e2e68.jpg

Well, I doubt this will come anywhere close, but the first concert I ever attended was for Jason Mraz up at my college. I ended sitting like 100,000 miles away, but it was still a lot of fun. I had never heard his music before that, and I definitely got a CD later on because of it!

Happy Birthday!

At the risk of ridicule and embarrassment, my very first concert (that I BEGGED to go to so much my parents took me out of state to see it when we missed the in state concert) was . . .

Barry Manilow

:blink:

Wow that took guts to admit. :)

You know that now in certain states the kids with the asphalt rocking cars that exceed the noise laws are made to listen to hours of Barney and Barry Manilow.

Repeat offense is WAY DOWN.

My first concert overall was Bob Seger on his very last concert tour way back in the '80s OOOPS....actually, now that I found my tickets, the first concert was actually REO Speedwagon with that "Bo Duke" guy, John Schneider lolol

My first metal concert was the Monsters of Rock! Went for Metallica, but loved every second. I can't even recall all the bands, but after the first one was done, Metallica was next up and there was a RIOT! The fools who set this up decided to put folding chairs on the field of the Pontiac Silverdome (football stadium), and the concert was a sell out in mere minutes, so there was a little excitement! 4 people were killed there, a couple were crushed when the crowds rushed the stage, one was stabbed and the last was beaten to death. Sure was glad to have seats right beside the stage!

I have a pile of tickets somewhere, as I recall, I must have seen about 100-150 concerts!!! And they say headbanging is bad for your health :blink:

Now, the bands I worked with and promoted...well the only one that made it big was TapRoot! Sure had a lot of fun with them!!! They were known as Hollow and/or Throe before making the big time!! Last I saw them was when they invited us down for their opening at the Ozzfest a few years back!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

My First concert was the B-52's. Kate Pierson was a huge crush, don't even think I really liked the music the first time I heard it.

My second was Queen. Didn't have a crush on anyone in this band.

Edited to add the most important part of the post.

Happy Birthday

Edited by webscouter.

Happy Birthday!!!

Ok you are all going to laugh at this one. I can't believe I am even going to tell ...

When I was a very young teen, my grandmother took me to see the Osmond Brothers. Donny was a huge crush at that time. It was the first time Jimmy (the youngest Osmond who was my age at the time) appeared in public. Wow am I dating myself :blink:

Happy Birthday!

These answers are really funny...more so how some people are cringing as they actually say who they saw!

My first concert was Sting when I was in high school. About 10 years later I was talking to my husband and we were talking about concerts we'd seen and he commented on seeing Sting as well...we were able to determine we were at the same concert and sitting less than 15 meters from each other. Small world...

Vanelle: Happy Birthday!!!! And thanks for the cointest!

The first concert I went to was U2, july 1993 during their Zooropa tour. Location was a big soccer stadion in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. I was about 15 years old and my aunt Millieballoon took me there as a birthday present :-)

14a094cb-3995-4f19-b445-70bea321d4a9.jpg

Edited by Li-Z

Happy Birthday.

My first concert was Garth Brooks in Denver, CO. Sixth row, center statg, it was awesome.

Seriously! I am so jealous! This would totally spoil you for any other concert.

The first concert I ever attended was Sha Na Na ... and I still love Bowser, no matter how many infomercials he does! :blink: I actually saw Sha Na Na again when I was in college. Let's just say it was a little different that I remembered.

And. HAPPY BIRTHDAY VANELLE!