People stealing coins and bugs

chaosbooboogunner

:yikes: I'm a little upset about certain cachers or muggles taking are coins or travel bugs and keeping them . like they can do anything with them They have no resale value? It take the fun out of the find. Lots of people like to find that little cool treasure in the cache and look up all the places it been.

It happens all the time... People take them for their personal collection. I guess they sit at there desk and admire them (day after day after day.......)

OR

Someone is mad because they didn't think of it first and take it to teach the cacher a lesson for being smarter than them - I guess.. :(

For whatever the reason, it happens and this is the reason I don't turn out any of my favorite coins or the more expensive coins I've purchased.

I have seen other's photocopy the coin, laminate it and turn that out into the wild or drill a hole in the coin. People would rather take a "whole" coin than a damaged one...

I think their are lurkers who are on this site as "GUESTS" that look up caches to see what's in them and then go get the cache just to STEAL the Traveler, ON PURPOSE. And I read in the TB graveyard somewhere , where a lady saw her TB being auctioned off on Ebay.

I also retrieved a Jeep TB in a cache., That the lady said she "forgot about", over a year, and someone could have used it to win that contest. How convienent. How does one FORGET they have a TB or coin.

They're not collectors, they're THIEVES and they steal everthing and anything and there are regular jerks. I had a Trout TB that went 4 miles,

and the CraftCachers who took it months ago won't email me back, and they live in the next town over. Most of my few that I had are missing and I've cursed the takers, may they break they're fingers !!!!!!!!

I don't release any anymore. The original game didn't have TBs anyway.And the game went on, so I just trade, evenly or not at all.

The decent cachers will keep his game going strong.

If I offended anyone, then take a good look at how you play the game,because I only mentioned the BAD!!!!!!!

JMHO

Opalsns

:laughing: I'm a little upset about certain cachers or muggles taking are coins or travel bugs and keeping them . like they can do anything with them They have no resale value? It take the fun out of the find. Lots of people like to find that little cool treasure in the cache and look up all the places it been.

I look at travel bugs like sending my kids to college; I don't expect to hear from them but I am happy when they write home.

Half the time it is simply that people do not know how to log them. Probably even more than half the time. Say 80% of the time trackables don't get logged, they just don't know how, and haven't figured out where to look.

I am sure that if the logging sequence for TB's was included on the cache page then many newbies would not fall into this "trap" of retrieving TB's and then not knowing what to do with them. ;) I remember my 1st TB - I only logged it about a week later after another cacher told me that it needs to be logged on a seperate page. I was totally confused with the whole thing of TB's. I am no IT geek, but surely there is a way of doing it that TB's could be logged at the same time as the cache? :( Just asking. :anicute:

Half the time it is simply that people do not know how to log them. Probably even more than half the time. Say 80% of the time trackables don't get logged, they just don't know how, and haven't figured out where to look.

I am sure that if the logging sequence for TB's was included on the cache page then many newbies would not fall into this "trap" of retrieving TB's and then not knowing what to do with them. ;) I remember my 1st TB - I only logged it about a week later after another cacher told me that it needs to be logged on a seperate page. I was totally confused with the whole thing of TB's. I am no IT geek, but surely there is a way of doing it that TB's could be logged at the same time as the cache? :( Just asking. :anicute:

The "How Trackable Items Work" Link is included on each trackable page. People have to realize when they are out in the woods what a trackable item is, when, for instance, their little child chooses it as their trade toy, before they would think to go look at the page to find the link.

The way to log it at the same time as the cache is to manually log it. Caches can hold more than one TB, so they have to be done individually, because of the tracking numbers.