Anyone in the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge/Guelph area?

hamadryad11

I just found out about geocaching this week, after stumbling upon an online article. It sounds like a lot of fun. I'm having trouble deciding what kind of GPSr to buy, but I'd like to give this a try and see how I like it. Is there anyone around here who would like some company on a geocaching expedition?

I just found out about geocaching this week, after stumbling upon an online article. It sounds like a lot of fun. I'm having trouble deciding what kind of GPSr to buy, but I'd like to give this a try and see how I like it. Is there anyone around here who would like some company on a geocaching expedition?

Welcome to geocaching hamadryad!

I am from the Ingersoll area but there are lots of cachers in your area. And everyone on here is very friendly and willing to answer any questions that you may have.

I only started logging caches this past May (although I have been a member since February). When I was choosing which GPSr to buy I went for the less expensive model Garmin. I have a Etrex Legend which works well for me. It does not have many "extras" but it does a great job. I bought it from Walmart but I do not remember how much I paid :yikes: ... I think it was not much more than $100. I am thinking of upgrading to another Garmin this spring now that I have the "hang of it" so that I can have more of the "extras" that are provided on the more expensive models.

Again welcome and enjoy!

Welcome to Geocaching!

We were up in Kitchener this past weekend (Honeymoon - so no Geocaching) but we do frequent the area as it has an assortment of good, actual Geocaches.

If your interested, when the snow melts and we are headed in that direction we can gve ya a shout before we head up....

Team DyverDown

Welcome to Geocaching!

We were up in Kitchener this past weekend (Honeymoon - so no Geocaching) but we do frequent the area as it has an assortment of good, actual Geocaches.

If your interested, when the snow melts and we are headed in that direction we can gve ya a shout before we head up....

Team DyverDown

I would like that. Thanks.

And congratulations! :blink:

Brendah, thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to giving this a try. People seem to have a lot of fun with it.

I'm more than willing to help out with a geo-tour of some of the trails in the area.

The only problem is that I don't drive, so you'd have to either meet me at the location in question, or help with transportation. If you want to do ones that I haven't done (so we are all searching for the cache) Guelph would be the best option. If you just want to sample, then there are a couple cache-heavy trails in K-W with a nice collection.

I'm more than willing to help out with a geo-tour of some of the trails in the area.

The only problem is that I don't drive, so you'd have to either meet me at the location in question, or help with transportation. If you want to do ones that I haven't done (so we are all searching for the cache) Guelph would be the best option. If you just want to sample, then there are a couple cache-heavy trails in K-W with a nice collection.

That would be great! :) If it's not too boring for you, maybe we could try a couple of the K-W caches first. They'd be easiest to get to.

Loads of us cachers from the region around. Generally in hibernation though till things thaw out a bit more! Once that happens there are plenty of people and opportunities, but as Mike said, please attend the pub! I hope you attended last night (i wasn't able to attend).

Enjoy the new hobby!

I missed the pub night. :lol: February is a bad month for me. I hope to make it to the next one.