GeoWoodstock VII

J-Way

Very cryptic so far. No agenda for the weekend, no idea what the coin or shirt look like. I'm planning on being in town and having a couple hours to dedicate to the event, like I do on any event. I might end up not having time to see half of it, but it appears I won't know until I get there. :blink:

Very cryptic so far. No agenda for the weekend, no idea what the coin or shirt look like. I'm planning on being in town and having a couple hours to dedicate to the event, like I do on any event. I might end up not having time to see half of it, but it appears I won't know until I get there. :blink:

It's early, let it ring.

We certainly don't mean for things to appear cryptic, but in the tradition of previous GeoWoodstocks we are not posting a set schedule of events until much closer to the actual day and we are keeping the coin and shirt design a secret until we have the actual items in hand. Rest assured that this great one-day event is being planned and worked on by our team of volunteers everyday in an attempt to live up to the high standards set by our predecessors. As we get nearer to the event we will post more information, but rest assured that in the meantime we are organizing all the great activities that previous GeoWoodstocks have been known for, including but not limited to educational sessions for cachers, games for the kids, vendors selling great geocaching gear and the greatest geocaching meet and greet opportunity anywhere in the world.

For quicker responses to any GWVII related questions, post them in the forums on GeoWoodstock.com. Thanks for all your interest, we look forward to seeing you this memorial day in Bell Buckle, Tennessee.

This has been on my radar for awhile. The site doesn't mention anything about accommodations. Where will people stay? Are there plans to include a page which makes some recreation or is everyone just on their own. According to one site I looked at the nearest hotel appears to be 10 miles way. I have no qualms about camping but just want to know what my options are.

This has been on my radar for awhile. The site doesn't mention anything about accommodations. Where will people stay? Are there plans to include a page which makes some recreation or is everyone just on their own. According to one site I looked at the nearest hotel appears to be 10 miles way. I have no qualms about camping but just want to know what my options are.

http://www.geowoodstock.com/travelinfo.php

Click the "Lodging" tab.

I'm planning on being in town and having a couple hours to dedicate to the event, like I do on any event.

A couple of hours? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I think it took me an hour just to make it past the entrance at GW6. My usual naturally-blabby self in true form. There were about 3,000 people there last year. I cannot wait to see what the count will be this year. I would suggest planning more than a couple of hours.

Heya Monkeybrad! :ph34r: Platinum registered, volunteer message sent. Love to be a food runner again. Looking forward to being there all day yet again.

Edited by mtn-man

My usual naturally-blabby self in true form.

We're gonna have talking dogs at GWVII?? Awesome!

I would suggest planning more than a couple of hours.

Which is unfortunate, because Mega Events are only worth one addition to your find count. Number cachers who think more spending more than 5 minutes for a single smiley is a waste of time will just have to deal with it. :ph34r:

Now that there is funny-I don't care who you are! :lol:

To keep the numbers in balance, I plan to do an insane amount of cache finding all day Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. Oh, and the night runs after GW's can provide stories to tell for years to come. Just don't plan to cache in Franklin after 10 PM. At GW2 we were run out of town and told that our actions violated the no-cruising law. :ph34r:

Looking forward to attending my sixth Geowoodstock, seeing all of my old geopals and meeting some new ones. It's always a lot of fun to finally meet someone in person that you have known via forum and email.

Edited by wimseyguy

WooHoo! We are registered and plane tickets purchased. This is gonna be great!

We are flying into Buffalo, NY and driving south to hit a bunch of caches and see family and friends. Then after GW7 we keep driving and fly home from New Orleans. This is gonna be a blast!!!

J&D from MT

If you're coming into Buffalo the week before GW7, then you may want to stop by Allegany GeoBash 4 (GC1DG47), another mega event being held on May 16. It's pretty much on the way, and several people have already logged that they will be attending both.

I'm planning on being in town and having a couple hours to dedicate to the event, like I do on any event.

A couple of hours? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I think it took me an hour just to make it past the entrance at GW6. My usual naturally-blabby self in true form. There were about 3,000 people there last year. I cannot wait to see what the count will be this year. I would suggest planning more than a couple of hours.

Heya Monkeybrad! :D Platinum registered, volunteer message sent. Love to be a food runner again. Looking forward to being there all day yet again.

what? i thought for sure you would register under the titanium membership... [:D]

Heya Monkeybrad! :grin: Platinum registered, volunteer message sent. Love to be a food runner again. Looking forward to being there all day yet again.

what? i thought for sure you would register under the titanium membership... [:P]

It is super secret. If I told you that I did register for that, I would have to kill you. :ninja:

signed up, paid, ready to roll to my 5th Geowoodstock!!

My 5th too! :wub:

Already paid my Platnum fee x2 and I'm lookin' for a place to stay...

bringing the snooglette this year? Looking forward to seeing you again, one of my wifes most prized geoswag item is her smashed Snoogans penny.

The WHOLE family will be there this year, including Cujo. :laughing:

Find me and I give you a smashed nickel this year... :laughing:

Now that's inflation!

Actually, in copper value alone one pre-1984 penny is worth about a nickel.

The fact that I alone have these dies makes each one worth about $2-$3 on ebay and sometimes much more. Now THAT's inflation. Smashed pennies were only averaging a buck each when I started in early 2007.

Hopefully he doesn't use the word GeoWoodstock on the pennies or attempt to sell then since its now a trademarked word and costs $1 per item licensing fee. Sounds like the GW7 geocoins are going to be a tad more expensive this year. :laughing:

Last year the coins were $ 10.00, this year they are $ 10.07 each with 9.25% sales tax included making them $ 11.00.

Yes they did go up seven cents, but only because we decided to round off.

and YES Snoogans is cool

Joe // JoGPS

edited to add was in wrong account when posting,

Edited by Max Cacher
Last year the coins were $ 10.00, this year they are $ 10.07 each with 9.25% sales tax included making them $ 11.00.

Yes they did go up seven cents, but only because we decided to round off.

Actually, last year they were $9.32 with 7.25% sales tax included making them $10.00

So they went up $0.75.

And it should be noted that the organizers (who are selling the official coins) are not paying themselves the licensing fee :anicute:

The licensing fee is for everyone else who wants to make souvenir items.

Nor the demand for them. My biggest regret with the management of GW5 was not ordering enough coins initially.

Interestingly, we tried to learn from that GW5 mistake and order more for GW6 and then demand was lower. I now have a few extra sitting here in my office.

My current plan is to trick my wife into stopping by on the way to or from a day trip to Lynchburg. With her general dislike for the game and my general aversion to all things social, I doubt we will be at the event for more than a few hours.
Looks like I will be attending my first GW this year after narrowly missing a chance to go to Dallas. I can't wait!

Find me! Can't wait to chat with you in person. I'll be the one with a GC.com shirt on and a GPS in my hand. :D

:rolleyes:

Will try my bestest, it was already on my "To Do' list. Also on that list is

"376: Be totally overwhelmed by all of the 'stuff' going on."

:cry:

Edited by ZSandmann
My current plan is to trick my wife into stopping by on the way to or from a day trip to Lynchburg. With her general dislike for the game and my general aversion to all things social, I doubt we will be at the event for more than a few hours.

Now, the Lynchburg idea is a really good one. If you go there first, maybe the time at the event will pass more quickly for her. :cry:

Now, the Lynchburg idea is a really good one. If you go there first, maybe the time at the event will pass more quickly for her. :cry:

Bonus- there's a cache right next to the distillery if you haven't already found it.

Now, the Lynchburg idea is a really good one. If you go there first, maybe the time at the event will pass more quickly for her. :D

Bonus- there's a cache right next to the distillery if you haven't already found it.

My previous visit to the distillery was also with my wife. Therefore, there was very little time for geocaching.

My previous visit to the distillery was also with my wife. Therefore, there was very little time for geocaching.

I can feel ya on all accounts.

I am lucky enough that she will consider a Regular/Large Traditional 2/2 but anything else could get me pecked if I suggest it.

If I want to go to an event of any kind that involves socialization she wont even drop me off.

Now, the Lynchburg idea is a really good one. If you go there first, maybe the time at the event will pass more quickly for her. :D

It's a fairly quick find right from the parking lot. Perhaps send her ahead for the tour and "oops I think I forgot my wallet in the car- be right back"?

Looks like I will be attending my first GW this year after narrowly missing a chance to go to Dallas. I can't wait!

Find me! Can't wait to chat with you in person. I'll be the one wearing a mtn-man nametag with a GC.com shirt on and a GPS in my hand. :(

;)

fixed :D

Dude. So right. So wrong. :D

I think I am going to copy the cool people from last year and wear all of my old GW nametags.

I realize that means I will be wearing a 14' x 48' billboard on my back.

Edited by mtn-man