Remembrance Geocoin

Wandering Vikings

:unsure: Hello Everyone!

Those who are on our newsletter have heard me hinting around about a new coin in the works, one that is the most personal coin I’ve done to date… Well, we have finally approved all artwork and started the sampling process! Now, normally we wouldn’t be posting this until the samples were done and in hand, but this project is a little unique and needs a little advance notice to make sure it that once it is offered for sale that things progress quickly.

The Remembrance coin is designed in honor of those who were in our life for far too short of a time. This is for those who we have loved and lost too early. The coin is 1.6” with a pendant loop at the top so it can be worn, features 3D hands forming the shape of a heart and surrounding a heart cutout, it is trackable at geocaching.com and will have a unique icon.

The most exciting part of this coin (and the reason I’m posting it so early) is that the back side of the coin is blank so that you will be able to customize it with up to 4 lines of text! This personalization is being done by the mint, but is only available on pre-orders made within the first week after we open it up. It may seem basic, but because the mint is handling the engraving we will need to know what you want engraved while the coins are still at the mint. We take pride in the fact that our pre-orders ship within 30 days of the day we open up the sale, and would like to work on that same timeframe with this coin. But it will take some organization to make sure that that happens!

We are still about two weeks out from having samples in hand. Once we have samples (I’m guessing somewhere around the 22nd -25th of this month) then we will open up a pre-order for personalized coins that will run about one week or until 1/30. At that point the order will be placed and we anticipate the coins arriving sometime the week of 2/16-2/21.

These coins will be offered in polished gold and polished silver and will have the option of metal only or metal with a see through resin covering the background (text and hands will not be under the color- just the background detail). The coins will be offered for pre-order at $9.99 plain and $10.99 for the personalized coins, with $1 of every coin sold in pre-orders being donated to Primary Children’s Medical Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.

I will post sample pictures once we have the coins in hand and open up pre-orders, but here is the final artwork. This coin is near and dear to my heart and I hope you get as much comfort out of it as I did designing it.

Best Wishes,

Sofi

remfinalartsm.jpg

As someone who's had a miscarriage, this coin will be high on my list of coins to buy. I don't buy many coins a year due to finances, but this one, however, is a must!

Naomi :yikes:

That is actually the inspiration for the coin. We have had several losses and needed something that was a kind of memorial, without feeling like I was being morbid or wallowing...

Thanks!

As someone who's had a miscarriage, this coin will be high on my list of coins to buy. I don't buy many coins a year due to finances, but this one, however, is a must!

That is actually the inspiration for the coin. We have had several losses and needed something that was a kind of memorial, without feeling like I was being morbid or wallowing...

Thanks!

It's not something that ever really leaves you. You see a baby and you wonder, you see pregnant women and have an ache deep inside... it's with you forever. I wear an angel pendant around my neck for my little one that didn't make it.

You're not wallowing or being morbid. You're being human!

*hugs*

Naomi

Thanks!

It's not something that ever really leaves you. You see a baby and you wonder, you see pregnant women and have an ache deep inside... it's with you forever. I wear an angel pendant around my neck for my little one that didn't make it.

*hugs*

Naomi

Very nice coin! I love the meaning behind it. I've miscarried twice and I'm not sure if the pain from losing my babies will ever go away. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if I had carried to term. What they'd look like. But I've been blessed with two children, that drive me crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Hopefully you'll be blessed with a little one soon.

Take care,

Kelly

*hugs*

Naomi

Very nice coin! I love the meaning behind it. I've miscarried twice and I'm not sure if the pain from losing my babies will ever go away. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if I had carried to term. What they'd look like. But I've been blessed with two children, that drive me crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Hopefully you'll be blessed with a little one soon.

Take care,

Kelly

Thanks for the kind words ladies! We haven't given up hope yet!

Thumbs up - hopefully your newsletter will announce?!?

Definately! We'll send out a newsletter when the pre-orders open up, and I'll post an actual sale thread at that time.

The only reason for announcing it now was to give people a heads up that the pre-order timeframe will be a short one if they want the coins engraved.

Thanks everyone for the kind words- its a little nerve wracking to release something that is so tied to my heart and I do appreciate all the positive responses. :yikes:

Wow, this looks great! I will have some of these as they mean a lot to me. This moment is the first time I am really sorry not to be a native speaker and so unable to write what I really feel and wanted to write. But I terribly hope that you know somehow what it would have been.

I can feel your heart coming through your words! Thank you!

There was some confusion at the mint and they sent me pictures of the coins instead of the actual samples :yikes:

Everything has been cleared up now, and the coins are winging their way to me... but here is a taste of the (very low-res) pictures they sent!

As soon as the coins get here I'll take better pictures and post them and we anticipate the pre-order will open on Friday 1/23.

Thanks!

rembmintpic.jpg

There was some confusion at the mint and they sent me pictures of the coins instead of the actual samples :yikes:

Everything has been cleared up now, and the coins are winging their way to me... but here is a taste of the (very low-res) pictures they sent!

As soon as the coins get here I'll take better pictures and post them and we anticipate the pre-order will open on Friday 1/23.

Thanks!

rembmintpic.jpg

Oh Man one word : AWESOME ! ! !

Can't wait :wacko:

wow those turned out great! :yikes: mabie you should look into adding some necklaces , im going to make a pendent out of this :wacko:

There is a loop at the top to hang it (I will also be wearing one!) and I will be offering a small number of pendants in addition to the coins.

Very nice...it is hard to tell, but is one version with pink enamel (girl) and one with blue (boy)?

That wasn't necissarily the intent- we just choose red and blue see-through resin because it accented the metal choices nicely! After seeing the pictures we have decided to add a green resin option also and may end up adding a fourth color once the samples arrive tomorrow. We'll let you know for sure by Friday!

Thanks!

wow those turned out great! :yikes: mabie you should look into adding some necklaces , im going to make a pendent out of this :wacko:

There is a loop at the top to hang it (I will also be wearing one!) and I will be offering a small number of pendants in addition to the coins.

Very nice...it is hard to tell, but is one version with pink enamel (girl) and one with blue (boy)?

That wasn't necissarily the intent- we just choose red and blue see-through resin because it accented the metal choices nicely! After seeing the pictures we have decided to add a green resin option also and may end up adding a fourth color once the samples arrive tomorrow. We'll let you know for sure by Friday!

Thanks!

memory problems...did I order one ..can I get the green?

ILYK

Edited by drneal
memory problems...did I order one ..can I get the green?

ILYK

Really!!!! Id be up for the duo for sure, as that was my plan for a gift to make a necklace from it, will you please let me know mabie by pm,or email,on how to swoop on that deal. Thx jay

Pre-orders will open up on Friday and I'll post in here when they do! All of the colors/metal/pendant options will be on the page when it does open up for sales.

Those who are wishing to have the coin engraved will have to do a pre-order since the mint is doing the engraving.

Those who don't want to do a pre-sale will have to have it engraved themselves once they get the coins. Most trophy and award places will do this, as well as places like Things Remembered... but it is a *lot* more expensive than $1 per coin since they normally charge by the letter at places like that.

Thanks! :yikes:

Ok, I saw in an earlier post that up to 4 lines of engraving will be offered, but I need to know how many characters per line, and sooner, rather than later, so that Micke and I can work on something to go on back of this!

Thanks,

Naomi

I think it is a total of 50 letters on the four lines combined, but I will double check and get back to you!

I no longer collect any coins, but I wanted you to know how beautiful these are.

In my work, I too frequently see women who have lost or are losing their babies, and it's tough. Happily, many of them return later and have beautiful babies.

I pray that all works out well for you.

Ok, I saw in an earlier post that up to 4 lines of engraving will be offered, but I need to know how many characters per line, and sooner, rather than later, so that Micke and I can work on something to go on back of this!

Thanks,

Naomi

I think it is a total of 50 letters on the four lines combined, but I will double check and get back to you!

I was a little off, :D official word is approximately 14 letters per line and up to 4 lines. The mint says that some letters take more space than others and that they may be able to squeeze 15 on a line, but the target is 14 and under! (be sure and include spaces in your letter count)

Thanks

Pre-orders are now open!

:P

The Remembrance coin is designed in honor of those who we have loved and lost too early. The coin is 1.6” with a pendant loop at the top so it can be worn, features 3D hands forming the shape of a heart and surrounding a heart cutout, is trackable at geocaching.com and has an unique icon.

The back side of the coin is blank and can be customized with up to 4 lines of text, 14 characters per line. Because the mint is handling the engraving we will need to know what you want engraved while the coins are still at the mint. For this reason pre-orders for personalized coins will only run until 2/2. At that point the order will be placed and we anticipate the coins arriving sometime the last week of February.

To place your order please click here.

Thank you!

I was a little off, :P official word is approximately 14 letters per line and up to 4 lines. The mint says that some letters take more space than others and that they may be able to squeeze 15 on a line, but the target is 14 and under! (be sure and include spaces in your letter count)

Thanks

UGH, I've got it down to that except for ONE line, the first line, and it is 15 characters!

Is there a way to see if it would work?

Also, will you be posting the better pics soon? I'm curious to know if the transparent enamel is the hard or soft enamel, too... ie, will it be level with the edge of the coin or sunken in?

Thanks,

Naomi :D

UGH, I've got it down to that except for ONE line, the first line, and it is 15 characters!

Also, will you be posting the better pics soon? I'm curious to know if the transparent enamel is the hard or soft enamel, too... ie, will it be level with the edge of the coin or sunken in?

Thanks,

Go ahead and send it and I will check with the mint when they reopen after the Chinese New Year! The resin is actually soft cloisonne and is the same level as the coin (not sunken).

Better pics will be up shortly- I've been playing around with the camera this morning trying to get a picture that even comes close to doing these coins justice! With all the detail its hard to get a photo that shows it... :P

Ordered mine this morning...green of course(my wife's favorite color,) if 15 spaces are available, I'd like to change one of my coins...also wanted to make sure all lines will be centered.

ILYK

If you want to email the change I will check on it as soon as the mint reopens. The lines will be centered and if there is any question at all on the text I will be contacting people to confirm what they want...

Thanks!

Thanks,

Go ahead and send it and I will check with the mint when they reopen after the Chinese New Year! The resin is actually soft cloisonne and is the same level as the coin (not sunken).

Better pics will be up shortly- I've been playing around with the camera this morning trying to get a picture that even comes close to doing these coins justice! With all the detail its hard to get a photo that shows it... :P

Ordered mine this morning...green of course(my wife's favorite color,) if 15 spaces are available, I'd like to change one of my coins...also wanted to make sure all lines will be centered.

ILYK

If you want to email the change I will check on it as soon as the mint reopens. The lines will be centered and if there is any question at all on the text I will be contacting people to confirm what they want...

Thanks!

e-mail sent..sorry to get fussy, but as you probably expected, this coin will touch on a lot of people's (including mine,) unhappier emotions, but I do appreciate the chance to get this coin for myself and my in-laws...my wife would have liked the thought behind it!

ILYK

e-mail sent..sorry to get fussy, but as you probably expected, this coin will touch on a lot of people's (including mine,) unhappier emotions, but I do appreciate the chance to get this coin for myself and my in-laws...my wife would have liked the thought behind it!

ILYK

No problem at all! Part of the reason we posted this before the sale opened was to give people the chance to figure out *exactly* what they wanted to say. It is tied to emotions and for that reason we want everyone to be completely satisfied.

The hope is that in some small way we can create a little piece of comfort to ease some of the unhappiness....

:P

I BOUGHT THE DUO!! COIN AND MATCHING PENDENT BOTH TEXTED TO CONFIGURE WITH ANOTHER I WILL KEEP THE COIN AND GIVE THE PENDANT TO MY WIFE :D THANK YOU!1 NOW FOR THE LONG WAIT TO SEE THESE!! :P

P.S. THESE WOULDA BEEN GREAT IN A 2 TONE,,...?

We are trying to convince the mint of that! Because the text is so delicate they are telling me no... but I'm trying to wear them down!

As someone who has lost a daughter, I am in the process of placing my order. One question - How do I let you know what I want engraved on the coin??

the brewmeister

Under the color options on the order page is a box that is labeled 'Engraved with up to four lines text'. You put the text in that box. If you have any additional comments on the text or special instructions there is a comment section during check out that will let you make additional comments. :D

Thanks

These are the most difficult to photograph coins I've ever seen! The detail is just gorgeous, but it is hard to get the camera to see without having shadows or glare...

I just can't do them justice!

rembcompsm.jpg

you said they were blue,, but they apear purple,, not that it matters to me,,both would be great,, but what does the color in person look like,,blueish-purple?

you said they were blue,, but they apear purple,, not that it matters to me,,both would be great,, but what does the color in person look like,,blueish-purple?

It really is a blue, it just photographs very purple! These are the *hardest* coins I've ever tried to photograph.... :D

i tryed to post this a few days ago but the servers were messen up,,

purple would look great too then as in the photos....purple on silver..? :D