Missing Mapsouce Feature

5hills

Using Mapsource 6.14.1

Earlir versions of Garmin Mapsource used to have a feature that once you selected a point, with a right mouse click a menu would appear that would allow functions, noticeably a link to gorundspeak displaying nearby caches. I just noticed that 6.14.1 does not have that ability. :unsure:

Is this feature disabled or gone for good?

Using Mapsource 6.14.1

Earlir versions of Garmin Mapsource used to have a feature that once you selected a point, with a right mouse click a menu would appear that would allow functions, noticeably a link to gorundspeak displaying nearby caches. I just noticed that 6.14.1 does not have that ability. :unsure:

Is this feature disabled or gone for good?

I'm running 6.14.1 and I have it.

You might want to check this directory for that:

"C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR LOGIN NAME>\Application Data\GARMIN\Web Link Extensions"

The file should be - geocaching.wlx

If you don't have that file there, then you won't have the feature.

If you do a quick search from google for the file name, it'll turn up and you can download it from there.

There is also another file "geocachingPQ.wlx" that can be used to create PQs with from the right-clicked area.

I created a .WLX file that will take you directly to the PQ generator, provided you are a premium member, and plug in the coords of where you right clicked using Mapsource. Very convenient when you are planning your next trip.

You will still have to plug in the criteria but the coords of where you clicked with be automatically inserted.

If you are interested, contact me through the site and I will send you the WLX file.

Mike

Brawny Bear