US Flag History Series

AtwellFamily

So if I'm reading the website correctly the 3 choices of metals are antique silver, sandblasted silver, and sandblasted gold, right? Correct except the XLE is Antique Gold

But you have to keep the one plating choice per each set ordered, right? Correct, if you want 3 coins each month they need to be the same plating each month, can't switch from month to month.

How does one go about getting the XLE version? Correct the XLE is Antique Gold

Is that (antique gold) for the entire set or just one of the coins? Not sure the questions here. The XLE can be won in cointest I am having. One coin per cointest. Otherwise I am having a few of the XLE made in each flag (5-10) but not sure what I am going to do with the rest yet.

When is the last day you will be accepting subscriptions for the series? February 28, 2009

Will coins be made available separately as they come in in case one wanted to just get particular flags? Limited quantities will be made available in sandblasted silver and sandblasted gold. The price will be around $10-12 each at that time.

Sorry for all the questions...I'm trying to budget. :angry:No problem, hope this helped.

The Original thirteen Colonies were:

New England Colonies:

1. Province of New Hampshire, later New Hampshire

2. Province of Massachusetts Bay, later Massachusetts and Maine

3. Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, later Rhode Island

4. Connecticut Colony, later Connecticut.

Middle Colonies:

5. Province of New York, later New York and Vermont[1]

6. Province of New Jersey, later New Jersey

7. Province of Pennsylvania, later Pennsylvania

8. Delaware Colony (before 1776, the Lower Counties on Delaware), later Delaware

Southern Colonies:

9. Province of Maryland, later Maryland

10. Colony and Dominion of Virginia, later Virginia, Kentucky and West Virginia

11. Province of North Carolina, later North Carolina and Tennessee

12. Province of South Carolina, later South Carolina

13. Province of Georgia, later Georgia

Does that sound accurate? So my answer, as above is yes, Maine was part of the Province of Massachusetts Bay which WAS one of the 13 Colonies.

:D DrJeepStr

Will you have samples to look at before the reservation time is up? Would like to see the difference between antique and sandblasted silver and how the gold finish changes the colors of the enamels before I submit a subscription for them.

I'm curious to see the answer to this too. I have a box of coins at home in a Sandblasted Gold finish. They turned out nearly identical to the Antique Gold version of the same coin. I have to actually write on the flips which is which :D

I think these designs are very sharp, and I'd love to see the metal variations too.

TMA

Will you have samples to look at before the reservation time is up? Would like to see the difference between antique and sandblasted silver and how the gold finish changes the colors of the enamels before I submit a subscription for them.

I'm curious to see the answer to this too. I have a box of coins at home in a Sandblasted Gold finish. They turned out nearly identical to the Antique Gold version of the same coin. I have to actually write on the flips which is which :D

I think these designs are very sharp, and I'd love to see the metal variations too.

TMA

I would like to know this too. I plan on getting a set or two and would like to know what they look like before I order.

Thanks!!

Yippee, yahoooooo!!! I am so excited I could pop!! I am *honored* to have won the XLE version of your second flag coin - The Star Spangled Banner!! First, I have to give proper credit to our soon-to-be 13 year old son, Drew, who quickly and correctly reminded me that Maine was at that time part of the Mass Bay Colony!! See, US History is good stuff!! As I mentioned in an earlier post, this is the flag we PROUDLY display on our home - circa 1796!! How special to win THIS version! This coin - and the entire series - will have a *special* place in the display case of our growing geocoin collection!! Again, MANY thanks for some truly special geocoins and for your wonderful generosity! Warm Regards, DrJeepStr

Samples arrived last week for the first three coins. I hope to have picture up tomorrow and complete reservations by March 20. I will then send invoice for those participating in the project. Only those participating from the beginning will recieve a group coin. There will be version available to those who want to buy one coin at a time. I will update page when I upload pictures.

By the way the coins look really nice.

Mike

would you pretty please post pictures, if available, of the sandblasted silver and gold.

thank you

I will try and post tonight, if I can get good pictures. I need to update the info...the coins will be gold and silver. The sandblasted finish was not recommended by the mint becuase I already had texture on the coin.

I've asked that same question in an email and got the folowing answer:

I make a decision on the icon per flag when I see the reservation #'s.

But with the new rules on icons I can imagin there will be icons for every edition.

That would be VERY nice, IF they would like for the Civil War coins! Thank you :)

But with the new rules on icons I can imagin there will be icons for every edition.

That would be VERY nice, IF they would like for the Civil War coins! Thank you :blink:

Bump :rolleyes:

That would be VERY nice, IF they would like for the Civil War coins! Thank you :D

Bump :)

I am looking to have these each have an icon. I need to sell a large number to make that happen. Maybe not 250 but the price on these is very good based on the size of the coin. When I get home I will look at my numbers to date and cost and see where I can break even on an icon.

Coins were to ship Friday from mint. I would expect these coins by Wednesday and ship them this week.

(spoken in my very best Alan Harper voice) "Oh wow, goodness gracious, and yippee!!!!! Even realizing there's nothing 100%, this is just the very best news of the day!" :unsure:

Yes, I'm excited about this, I've been excited about this since the very first mention I saw of this coin.

Thanks for letting us know.

Coins were to ship Friday from mint. I would expect these coins by Wednesday and ship them this week.

(spoken in my very best Alan Harper voice) "Oh wow, goodness gracious, and yippee!!!!! Even realizing there's nothing 100%, this is just the very best news of the day!" :unsure:

Yes, I'm excited about this, I've been excited about this since the very first mention I saw of this coin.

Thanks for letting us know.

I went home at lunch and the coins are here and look really nice. I like the Antique Silver as always. the Antique Gold (XLE, only 10 made) look really nice, could be my fav.

Should be ready to ship Wednesday or so and I will post additional coins on my site onec the subscription ship.

Mike

I knew we were going to love these coins!

Ours arrived today. Their appearance is 110% and they feel substantial in your hand.

I've taken pictures of them to send to a couple of friends and to the daughter who recently said "I could become addicted" :unsure:, I've bragged to everyone I know that we've got them and I haven't been able to leave them alone since we opened the mailer. :yikes: