4th International Math Trade

ECplus3

All I know is that I saw 700 and 800 numbers duplicated twice in many cases. It was a complete mess and I called Moop Along in a panic wondering what the heck was wrong with excell. I can't print 56 pages again. So please let me know when you are 100% certain the document is correct and I will work on building my trade strings from the online copy. It will probably take awhile since I was only at your coins when the errors began making themselves known.

Edited by AtlantaGal

I was told the format is this:

Your Coin # (space) Your Geonick (space) Coin #s You'll Accept in Trade (with a single space between each number in list)

I don't think this is correct (though I am perfectly willing to redo my list if I'm wrong, because I am often totally wrong. ; ) ). Check out:

Want List, Part I

and

Want List, Part II

The basic format is:

(name) a : b c d e f ...

where "name" is your geonick in parentheses, "a" is your coin number, and "b c d e f..." are the coins you are willing to trade for your coin "a". There's a colon separating your coin number from the coins you want, and spaces separating the individual coin numbers in the list of coins you want.

You can also use variables; the format is:

(name) %varname : b c d e f ...

in this case, "varname" would be replaced by some meaningful name (for example, "muskcg") and then would list all of the coins that should be considered the same for the purposes of that group. My full example:

(Jackalgirl) %muskcg : 134 720 1181 1449

(All of the Four Musketeers copper w/ green coins that I could find.)

You can then reference that in your want list instead of numbers:

(name) a : %varname g h i j k l...

Check out post #2 for more details about what this does for you. Essentially, it helps you from getting two of the same coin (if you don't want two of the same coin) while still allowing you to list all of the instances of that particular coin as possible matches for your coin.

Quick question I now see that there are coins listed as 500A, 500b & 500c, does this mean they are now grouped together (3 coins for 3 or what ever the coiner choses)?

You would just treat that as a single entry in your want list: 500

You don't have to match it up against a group of your own.

I thought I was finished with my want list, but just found out that I used the wrong sheet for wirting down the numbers... :-(

So I'll start over again.... and this time with the sheet called 'use this sheet'

I'll have to learn to read more carefully ;-)

I thought I was finished with my want list, but just found out that I used the wrong sheet for wirting down the numbers... :-(

So I'll start over again.... and this time with the sheet called 'use this sheet'

Hmm, I hope that was the one called regrouping.

It was. I just renamed it to make sure people didn't use the 'Coins offered' sheet.

I'm going to start looking over the want lists tomorrow to make sure people are submitting them properly. I had planned to start doing this as they came in, but had an unfortunate accident with a pan of hot bacon fat! :lol: Just 2nd degree burns, so it stings a little -- nothing that won't heal :D

Just sent of our trading lists...I can't believe how much longer this round took compared to round 3, mostly because there are so many more geocoins in the pool.

A quick thanks to everyone who's participating and for all the great coins you've added to the pot. And a HUGE thanks to Chuck for coordinating this round of the International Math Trade. IMO, it's gone very smoothly so far.

Now, off to rest my eyes and wait for the results...

Email sent with my wishlists. Hopefully I´ve done it right.

grodan Karin

I just sent mine in and I'm of the same thought process, despite reading it several times I'm still convinced I messed it up somewhere (and I stayed away from variables as that was just doing my head in :D ) I just wished for coins that I would be happy to get two of (as if) Fingers crossed!

(and I stayed away from variables as that was just doing my head in :D )

I took the opposite approach and used variables for everything, including single coins, to make my want list easier for me to read and check. I'm still worried about it and hope I didn't make any big mistakes, but I've sent in my want list.

Blue skies and happy caching!

Model Citizen - Zero Discipline

I am still waiting for 15 want lists to be sent in.

Here is a list of participants I have received lists from:

2golfers

AlliedOz

AtlantaGal

Avroair

burgessfour

Cheesy Pigs

Choc-O

Chur

Crowesfeat30

die_anita

dimkasmir

DresselDragons

E&Cplus3

ELTADA

Fossillady

Geocachingdragon

GeoKs

Globy

grodan & fiabus

Icydove

Jackalgirl

jnbball

kdv

kini_ont

Laval K-9

Li-Z

Mauison

Millieballon

ModelCitizen

MotoCycleBoi

PSU Fan

QuigleyJones

Savoy

southpawaz

Surteb

tadpole379

TeamAmaroo

The Moop Along

The Moops

Theotokos

tsunrisebey

wilg

Zarya.

The deadline is a little under 24 hours from now! If you don't see your name above, please get your want list in to me.

If you are having trouble understanding the format, please send me an email! I'll do what I can to explain it better.