4th International Math Trade

ECplus3

Yes, timing it for mailing in January would be great. Imagine this....

"....snow falling gently outside your window, fireplace crackling in the background, a mug of hot chocolate warming your fingers as you curl up in your comfy chair and .... review the 5th International Math Trade coin list!!!!!"

A great Christmas memory just WAITING to be created! :D

"....snow falling gently outside your window, fireplace crackling in the background, a mug of hot chocolate warming your fingers as you curl up in your comfy chair and .... review the 5th International Math Trade coin list!!!!!"

Or, roasting on a fine white sand beach listening as your kids get dragged out to sea by a rip...and sipping on a cool heineken.....reviewing the 5th International Math Trade coin list!!!!

I can relate to this.

I'd like to try it. Not sure how it works :o How many coins should one have to participate? Anyone want to give me a quick explanation? :P

After the the new year.....

It's a very complicated math distribution of drneal's coins to us :D oh and we send him some back, that way we get to look at his lovelies and he in return gets to look at a new set :P:D

You submit the coins you want to move, select the coins you want and hope that there are matches

Edited by kini_ont

I'd like to try it. Not sure how it works :P How many coins should one have to participate? Anyone want to give me a quick explanation? :D

It's a very complicated math distribution of drneal's coins to us :D oh and we send him some back, that way we get to look at his lovelies and he in return gets to look at a new set :P:D

You submit the coins you want to move, select the coins you want and hope that there are matches

How does it work with say micros vs. full size or coins with high demand? :o

I'd like to try it. Not sure how it works :o How many coins should one have to participate? Anyone want to give me a quick explanation? :P

must be good....eartha's watching...must be good.

ILYK

so i have a few questions,, how fair or even is this,, does one end up with the same amount going out as comming in for the most part ,, or can it end up 15 going out and 5 comming in? im still a lil confused on how this works exactly.

do you pick from a list of coins sent in by everyone or just make a list and hope for the best?

how many coins end up on a list,, like 25- or is it as many as you have?

maybe while were waiting someone can help us newbe out with some details.

so i have a few questions,, how fair or even is this,, does one end up with the same amount going out as comming in for the most part ,, or can it end up 15 going out and 5 comming in? im still a lil confused on how this works exactly.

do you pick from a list of coins sent in by everyone or just make a list and hope for the best?

You get as many "items" as you send out. What I mean by items is, you can group coins into one "item" to have a more valuable offer. Say you want to get a Moun10bike V1, since I'll probably list one for trade (right :D ). You would create a grouping of 50 Tengwars to offer me. So if that trade happened, it would be (1) item for (1) item. However, most of the time, you get the exact same number of coins you send out. Because groupings overall do not trade well. But each item is assigned an integer. And every integer is traded 1 for 1, regardless of what is contained in the item.

2nd point. you just make a list based off weight (which ones you like the most) and hope for the best. But you NEVER get a coin you dont want. Your "want" list is based off of your coins "that you would trade for the requested coin if you had the chance". Only you can determine that, but if you write your wants correctly, you should never be unhappy.

You list as many coins as you want at this point. As I mentioned above, each coin or group of coins is assigned an integer, so if we run out of integers, you'll have to stop :)

You get as many "items" as you send out. What I mean by items is, you can group coins into one "item" to have a more valuable offer. Say you want to get a Moun10bike V1, since I'll probably list one for trade (right :D ). You would create a grouping of 50 Tengwars to offer me. So if that trade happened, it would be (1) item for (1) item. However, most of the time, you get the exact same number of coins you send out. Because groupings overall do not trade well. But each item is assigned an integer. And every integer is traded 1 for 1, regardless of what is contained in the item.

2nd point. you just make a list based off weight (which ones you like the most) and hope for the best. But you NEVER get a coin you dont want. Your "want" list is based off of your coins "that you would trade for the requested coin if you had the chance". Only you can determine that, but if you write your wants correctly, you should never be unhappy.

You list as many coins as you want at this point. As I mentioned above, each coin or group of coins is assigned an integer, so if we run out of integers, you'll have to stop :)

Wow, I can begin to understand now. Thanks for the explanation TMA. Tell me, how long to you prepare for the math trade? Should we start our lists now? Will you be listing a Moustik?

thanks moop, that helps alot,, any one else want to elaborate, feel free id like as much info as possible before we start,, maybe some who have done this before can tell us mistakes they made, or things they wouldent do again.

When I start the 5th International Math Trade thread (soon), I'll post a bunch of info on how the trade works, and how you have absolute control over which coins you could get without actually knowing which ones you will get. It's magic.

Hello, all!

I know this may begin soon - perhaps after the holidays and new year? Is there anything we can do before the "official" announcement to get ready for this?

The reason I'm asking is that I will be away from my coins for the holidays and won't have access to them until mid-January. If memory serves, the first thing we'll be asked to do is to list our coins available for trade in a spreadsheet, and group them if we so choose.

Is this correct?

Just wondering how I need to order my ducks...er, coins, so that I don't miss out on the math trade OR hold it up this year!

Thanks!

Any chance we can get the "basics" or a template to start organizing for this Mission?

There's no real template. Eventually there will be a Google Docs spreadsheet that we'll input our traders onto and we'll also be able to see what coins are being traded by the other coiners.

For now, making a list of which coins you want to trade is the best thing. And also, make sure you have the correct version so you can list it as an LE, XLE, etc., since we're only going to be able to see the name of the coin, not a photo.

Any chance we can get the "basics" or a template to start organizing for this Mission?

There's no real template. Eventually there will be a Google Docs spreadsheet that we'll input our traders onto and we'll also be able to see what coins are being traded by the other coiners.

For now, making a list of which coins you want to trade is the best thing. And also, make sure you have the correct version so you can list it as an LE, XLE, etc., since we're only going to be able to see the name of the coin, not a photo.

Thanks Mauison, that helps.