4th International Math Trade

ECplus3

I have noticed there are several coins listed missing the name of who they currently belong to.

I've looked through the list and don't see any with blanks in the username field. TMA has a 'return' after his name in roughly half the ones he entered, so you may be seeing the blank line for some of his, depending on how your browser shows the spreadsheet.

It is possible to export this spreadsheet and save it on your computer in a number of formats. This may make it easier to browse the list.

I have noticed there are several coins listed missing the name of who they currently belong to.

I've looked through the list and don't see any with blanks in the username field. TMA has a 'return' after his name in roughly half the ones he entered, so you may be seeing the blank line for some of his, depending on how your browser shows the spreadsheet.

It is possible to export this spreadsheet and save it on your computer in a number of formats. This may make it easier to browse the list.

Opps, you are right, I went back and looked at the original and the names are there. When i exported to my spreadsheet some of the names are missing. :lol: Sorry for the mix up.

What if I have more than one of the same coin, will I be able to use multiple coins during the regrouping stage? So say I have coins A, B, and C. Right now I have the three listed seperately. Will I be be able to make something like:

A

B

c

A & B

A & C

etc. as long as I have those coins?

During the regroup phase you won't be able to add any new coins. So if you just have A, B, and C listed now, the only regrouping you'll be able to do is some combination of those three coins. If you have lots of coin A (for example), you can add more groups now, as long as none of the groups are duplicated.

eg.

A

B

C

A & B

A & C

A & C <-- can't be done, since it duplicates the preceding line

A,B,C

Someone asked me a question about regrouping this morning. I think it relates to the post above me. I seem to remember that ahead of time, people already knew that they were "grouping" some coins (like dimkasmir). I think the summary of my question becomes. What syntax should we use to signify a group? Before we had things like 525a, 525b, 525c, where 525 was the line item for the group.

**This part was already answered by a speedy admin**, BUT I think there's still a question of syntax left unanswered, since I distinctly remember each coin of a 3 coin group had its own line for clarity, but were tied togther somehow.

Perhaps viewing the Math Trade 3 spreadsheet will answer that question. But work filters prevent me from seeing it. :lol:

TMA

Edited by The Moop Along

I seem to remember that the regrouping caused problems last year because line numbers changed and people put the wrong line numbers in their want lists.

I'm going to try to avoid that by not assigning any line numbers until after the regrouping phase. This may cause a little more trouble for those with long lists -- I'm looking at you, TMA :lol: -- but in the end, I hope it eliminates a lot of the headaches that plagued KDV during the last math trade.

I took a look at the MT3 spreadsheet and there were a couple of people who listed groups on a single line. I can't tell if the 525a, 525b syntax was something KDV did after the regrouping or was used from the start.

I think this time around we'll use a single line to describe groups. You can add 'x-coin set' to the remarks for clarification if you wish.

Thanks for posting the pictures of your coins Jackalgirl. You're offering some really nice coins, but until you posted the pictures I didn't know what some of them were. Looks like I'll be expanding my want list.

Blue skies and happy caching!

Model Citizen

"Zero Discipline"

Thank you -- and thank you for giving me the idea to do it! : )

Yep, that would have been the only advice I would have given to you based on my experience in math trade 3. Don't insert row numbers until the coin list is final :D

Katja

I seem to remember that the regrouping caused problems last year because line numbers changed and people put the wrong line numbers in their want lists.

I'm going to try to avoid that by not assigning any line numbers until after the regrouping phase. This may cause a little more trouble for those with long lists -- I'm looking at you, TMA :P -- but in the end, I hope it eliminates a lot of the headaches that plagued KDV during the last math trade.

I took a look at the MT3 spreadsheet and there were a couple of people who listed groups on a single line. I can't tell if the 525a, 525b syntax was something KDV did after the regrouping or was used from the start.

I think this time around we'll use a single line to describe groups. You can add 'x-coin set' to the remarks for clarification if you wish.

Yep, that would have been the only advice I would have given to you based on my experience in math trade 3. Don't insert row numbers until the coin list is final :)

Katja

I'm going to try to avoid that by not assigning any line numbers until after the regrouping phase. This may cause a little more trouble for those with long lists -- I'm looking at you, TMA :D -- but in the end, I hope it eliminates a lot of the headaches that plagued KDV during the last math trade.

Hooray!!! Good to hear from you! :D :D

Is it possible to have more than one coin on the wish list for an own coin? I mean that I have my coin and say on the list I would trade against this OR this OR this coin? That I list for example three I would like to have but I would trade one against one of the three? I hope you know what I want to ask... :)

Is it possible to have more than one coin on the wish list for an own coin? I mean that I have my coin and say on the list I would trade against this OR this OR this coin? That I list for example three I would like to have but I would trade one against one of the three? I hope you know what I want to ask... :D

yes. I typically put about 50 coins on the "wish list" for each of my own coins. :) That's the whole point of this exercise, IMHO.

TMA

Okay, new rule! :)

A few people have emailed me saying that it is difficult to list groups on a single line. They fear that the info for some of the coins may get hidden, or that it will be hard to match up the notes with the individual coin names.

So, if you want to group your coins during the regrouping phase, you may enter them each on their own line now. Then, starting Sunday, you can send me the groupings.

This means that I will not be weeding duplicate coins out of a participant's list until AFTER the regrouping phase.

You have until 9:00 PM EST on Saturday to enter your coins. Then I will lock the spreadsheet and assign numbers to every coin. Once that is done, I will email everyone and explain how to send in the grouping requests.

I added a few more. This should be interesting.

So 25 people signed up and haven't added coins yet? They only have till tomorrow.

I'm sure some people just want to watch. It's like an interstate accident. Just gotta slow down and stick your head out. :grin: They gotta know who's got what coin . . .

TMA

It's also a matter of time and nerves :antenna: I just came home from a hard day of work and school and almost went crazy as I am not very fond of excel :D

I listed some coins of mine and I hope that there will bee good trades.

I inserted Microorganisms and .pure color travel edition coins :unsure:

That's it!

The coin submission phase is closed!

We ended up with 58 participants and an astounding 1488 coins for trade!

Now the Regroup Phase begins. If you are interested in regrouping coins to make an extra special package in the hopes of landing that one must-have coin, then follow the instructions below. When you are satisfied with the way your coins stand, please let me know via email or a post to this thread. Remember, regrouping is optional. If you simply want to trade your coins off one by one as they are now listed, all you need to do is send an email to the address below saying that you are done regrouping. If everyone finishes with the regrouping early, we can move on to the Want List Phase early.

Please contact me if you have any questions. The Regroup Phase will be open until February 4th, 9:00 PM EST (this coming Wednesday).

Regrouping Instructions:

The Regroup Phase gives all participants the chance to create sets of two or more of their coins. You can do this to make an offer more attractive to others (and therefore to have a potentially higher chance to get a specifically wanted coin). Remember -- if you decided to group two or more coins together, these will only be traded as a complete set (or not at all).

To regroup your offers, please send an email to:

mathtrade4@gmail.com

containing the ID and the coin descriptions of all coins for each coin set you want to create. Also mention your geocaching.com nickname -- just as an extra measure of insurance to keep me from making mistakes.

-------------------------------------------

Example:

Let's say I have seen some must-have coins that I, well, must have. Unfortunately, I feel that the coins I am offering -- on their own -- won't seal the deal. So I decide to combine some of my coins into sets. I'll fire off an email with the required info:

Regrouping for E&Cplus3:

Group1

ID 490 California 2004 Eureka

ID 525 Texas Autumn 2005

ID 530 Washington 3005

Group2

ID 500 ISAF/CA Geocoin LE antique nickel

ID 501 ISAF/CA Geocoin RE antique gold

ID 505 ISAF/CA Geocoin XLE antique bronze

Group3

ID 510 Michigan MIGO Fall 2006

ID 511 Michigan MIGO Spring 2006

ID 512 Michigan MIGO Summer 2006

ID 513 Michigan MIGO Winter Social 2006

Group4

ID 519 Rainbow Bridge antique copper

ID 520 Rainbow Bridge antique silver

-------------------------------------------

Please use the ID's as listed on the Coins Offered worksheet in the Mathtrade4 document.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this process. You can post your questions here, or email them.

WHAT a Jabrone !!! :) ~ OH, I didnt forget... I just spaced that it was 9:00 ending time! Came down tonight to list my coins, Saw the ending time and IM OUT! :) Figured - Id better check the forums just to see. Poor Me, Poor little ol me!

That'll teach me!!! ~ Heck I didnt even contact TMA for the coin I wanted! :) There sure are some nice coins on that list too! Sure wanted to check it out, but I guess not bad enough! :huh:

Next Time! :laughing:

I believe the rules are that in the regroup phase you can only regroup coins that you have already submitted in the first phase. You can not add additional coins.

Personally during the first phase I already included something like:

* coin A

* coin B

* coin A+B

This should be ok since there are no duplicate rows. If I am not mistaken this was explained with an almost identical example in the first post of this thread.

However, I am afraid that at this point you can't add any additional coins.

At this point, if he have multiple of the same coin we can create different groups which contain multiple of those coins. So say I have 5 coins A, I currently have coin A listed once. Can I now make groups: A, A+B, A+C, etc.?

No regrouping from me either! Can't wait till the trading starts! :laughing:

BTW: Will the wishlists be weighted? I mean, if a trade is possible for the first coin and the 25th in my wishlist, will the trade for the 1st coin be preferred by the program or will the order not matter?

Edited by Chur