Stat application for Macs?

DarkZen

You might try GCStatistic: http://www.macdefender.org/products/GCStatistic/

Versions for Mac, Windows and Linux exist.

I just downloaded it and it works well. See my profile page to see my not-very-exciting statistics! A word of warning, though... the program is in German so, unless you read German, you may have to look at the English read-me file to get going.

I just downloaded it and it works well. See my profile page to see my not-very-exciting statistics! A word of warning, though... the program is in German so, unless you read German, you may have to look at the English read-me file to get going.

You might want to download the new version 1.1. This time there is a working English version too. Version 1.0 was expected to be in English too but sadly my development tool only compiled the German text into the application. Sorry for that :D

Version 1.1 is now available as a seperate English and German version. If you have any problems or suggestions for GCStatistic feel free to post them here or PM/Mail me :D

You might want to download the new version 1.1. This time there is a working English version too. Version 1.0 was expected to be in English too but sadly my development tool only compiled the German text into the application. Sorry for that :)

Version 1.1 is now available as a seperate English and German version. If you have any problems or suggestions for GCStatistic feel free to post them here or PM/Mail me :D

Maybe I'm missing an option somewhere, but is there a way to output distances in miles instead of KM?

On the surface, GCStatistic looks like a great native replacement for GSAK's FindStatGen macro (native in that I don't have to boot up my XP virtual machine to run GSAK). I haven't gone through all the options yet, but 2 features that FindStatGen has that I really like are the cache centroid, and a graph showing the distribution of finds based upon bearing/distance from home.

Do you have any features planned yet for future releases?

Maybe I'm missing an option somewhere, but is there a way to output distances in miles instead of KM?

dadgum, I've forgotten to include this. I'll add a radiobutton to switch between miles/kilometers in the next version.

I haven't gone through all the options yet, but 2 features that FindStatGen has that I really like are the cache centroid, and a graph showing the distribution of finds based upon bearing/distance from home.

Do you have any features planned yet for future releases?

I'm just reading the Google Graphs API and hope to include these graphics in the next release. If everithing works as planned the first beta may be availible in 2-3 weeks. But I will upload a 1.11 with the miles option included this weekend as this isn't very compicated to include :bad:

The centroid and the cumulative find statistic is on the plan for the next release. This weekend I try to upload a roadmap to my website so you can see what is planned in the future releases.

The centroid and the cumulative find statistic is on the plan for the next release. This weekend I try to upload a roadmap to my website so you can see what is planned in the future releases.

Just found this thread and dl'ed the program, it is awesome. Most everything I love about the FindStatGen macro with the exception of stats for my hides; is that by any chance in the works?

Right now using GSAK on CrossOver Games. It doesn't run on CrossOver - but the games version works well, albeit with a few hiccups now and then. I'm elated to see this app of yours! And a native solution. Keep it up.

BTW, can you post or PM me your Paypal username for donations? I'm having a little trouble navigating the german PayPal page -Thanks!

Just a short notice the I released 1.3 beta 3. As we now have new urls for the profile and an updated profile in general the actual beta 2 can't upload the profile anymore. As a quick fix I just took my actual development version and released it with the new profile handler included.

This version is not checked for bugs as the other betas but i don't expect any problems with it. The new personal section below the generated statistic is already included and you can see the first hints of the upcomming FTF section. I hope to have this final in 2-3 weeks.

This version is not checked for bugs as the other betas but i don't expect any problems with it. The new personal section below the generated statistic is already included and you can see the first hints of the upcomming FTF section. I hope to have this final in 2-3 weeks.

Nice I will give it a download. Thanks!

try mygeocachingprofile.com very easy to use. Both Mac and PC compatible.

However, if you are looking for a program to dl caches to your unit, maccaching is your only real option at this point.

Unless, you want to run Parallels on your Mac, something I really don't want to do (I don't like to run non native apps on my machine)

Ok I feel like an idiot... I downloaded GCStatistic, but um... where do the stats come from? I recognize the GPX import feature.. it prompts for a locally saved GPX file.. but where do I get the GPX file from? I've looked all over in my premium member stuff and I can't find anywhere that says "Export Stats to GPX File Here" :laughing:

Edited by terribletom

Ahhh now... that sheds some light on the issue - many thanks :laughing:

In version 1.6 there will be a new button in GCStatistic located below the nickname/password editfield allowing you to request this gpx file directly out of GCStatistic. Ithe button will also display the days you have to wait until you can request the next file. version 1.6 can also import the zip file directly so no more unpacking of the file required. The button will still read 'import gpx' but you can open the zip file there also.

I hope to have the 1.6 beta 4 up today evening. Also it's labeld beta the 1.6b4 should be working just fine. I just don't want to release it as final yet without further testing to find the last bugs that may hide inside.

If there are some features missing or you would like to see another option or whatever just drop me a line.

Ok I feel like an idiot... I downloaded GCStatistic, but um... where do the stats come from? I recognize the GPX import feature.. it prompts for a locally saved GPX file.. but where do I get the GPX file from? I've looked all over in my premium member stuff and I can't find anywhere that says "Export Stats to GPX File Here" :D

I did this and the program told me it can't import pocket queries as they may not have all the caches?????

You can't use a normal pocket querie for this as these pocket queries just query the active database and won't include all the finds of already archived caches. Ok, you can use normal queries if you disable the file check in the settings window but that wont give you correct stats.

Instead please use the extra 'Add to Queue' button on the main Pocket Query page. This will generate a special gpx file including all your finds. You don't have to create your own query, just press this spezial button :D