The listing has been locked and is not accepting new log entries

Team KVS

Our youngest member of the team has decided that he want his own nick and I'm now finding myself going through logging more than 500 finds for him. It's a big job, but what makes it difficult is that we found some caches in Belgium that's now archived and LOCKED :unsure: .

I've never seen this before and I wonder if there's a way around it as it's 4 caches in total. They're all legit finds so it's a shame if he can't log them.

Generally, a cache will be locked if others are abusing the ability to log the cache post-archival. I would assume this is the case in your 4 caches.

You might get somewhere if you contacted your local reviewer. They may be able to help you out. Not knowing how the "locking" procedure works, I may be wrong, though.

And a certain whole category of caches all got locked in late 2005, no more of those, sorry if that's what you were trying to do.

No, these are ordinary caches, but I will try to contact the local reviewer though, not holding my hopes to high. I'm sure that the youngest really don't care too much about it, but I know, and stats are difficult when they're wrong :unsure:

Thanks anyway :blink:

Curious. The four are by three different hiders, and seem to have been locked when they were archived. I don't read the language (Dutch? Platdeutsch?), so I don't know if there were any issues. The webcam does not seem to have been properly logged by most of the finders, but that's not unusual.

I don't think I've ever seen regular caches like that get locked. And only TPTB can do that.

check with the reviewer, and explain the situation.

1. Any reviewer can lock a listing. The circumstances in which we do that are quite narrow.

2. I suggest that the OP write to Groundspeak with a list of the GC numbers and noting that all the caches are in Belgium. Groundspeak may be amenable to unlocking the caches either temporarily or permanently. This is a strong suggestion, not a stock answer.

1. Any reviewer can lock a listing. The circumstances in which we do that are quite narrow.

2. I suggest that the OP write to Groundspeak with a list of the GC numbers and noting that all the caches are in Belgium. Groundspeak may be amenable to unlocking the caches either temporarily or permanently. This is a strong suggestion, not a stock answer.

Anything is possible if you ask nicely and have a good reason to do so.

Our youngest member of the team has decided that he want his own nick and I'm now finding myself going through logging more than 500 finds for him. It's a big job, but what makes it difficult is that we found some caches in Belgium that's now archived and LOCKED :yikes: .

I've never seen this before and I wonder if there's a way around it as it's 4 caches in total. They're all legit finds so it's a shame if he can't log them.

If the youngest member of your team wants his own nick, why not get him to log them himself?

Just curious.

Good luck with the locked thing.

Our youngest member of the team has decided that he want his own nick and I'm now finding myself going through logging more than 500 finds for him. It's a big job, but what makes it difficult is that we found some caches in Belgium that's now archived and LOCKED :yikes: .

If the youngest member of your team wants his own nick, why not get him to log them himself?

Just curious.

Good luck with the locked thing.

He's only 9, and if i make him log >500 caches he'll be sick and tired of geocaching before he gets to log #100 :( .

I've also e-mailed the reviewer that locked the caches, but haven't heard anything yet. I'll keep you posted.

And you may not hear back from the reviewer who published those locked caches, because there are two Belgian cache reviewers who are not active as reviewers anymore. Could you please carefully re-read my prior advice posted to this thread? I am really trying to help you here. Thanks.

I am one of the reviewers for part of Belgium (to a first approximation, "the part where the road signs are in French"). The previous reviewer for that area made a little more use of the "Lock" feature than some other reviewers. If you wish to log some archived caches in that part of the country, please feel free to contact me via my profile, giving the GCxxxxx numbers. If they're in "the part where the road signs are in Dutch", have a look at a recently published cache nearby, which will give you the name of the local reviewer.

I am one of the reviewers for part of Belgium (to a first approximation, "the part where the road signs are in French"). The previous reviewer for that area made a little more use of the "Lock" feature than some other reviewers. If you wish to log some archived caches in that part of the country, please feel free to contact me via my profile, giving the GCxxxxx numbers. If they're in "the part where the road signs are in Dutch", have a look at a recently published cache nearby, which will give you the name of the local reviewer.

Very nice.