2009 Great SA TB Race

cincol

Quick question on them stats... I see my bug has -4 for caches for May, er what happened there?

Same as for Rhino and Hedgehogs coin with -2 caches?

At one stage the "count" on the gc.com page was a bit screwed and was giving the wrong info. As we are getting to the end I had to verify every TB by going through every TB's pages and counting the caches. This resulted in a couple of small discrepancies. The same applied to the mileage, but that was not a big issue as only +50km would have made a difference. At one stage the mileages disappeared completely!

You can check your figures by having a look at your TB's "map page" and then deducting 1 from the count given there. The deduction is for the starting cache which was not counted as all TB's started from Little Netherlands except for DiePienaar's TB which started with -3. I can assure you that at no stage would I want to favour or penalize any racer. I am attempting to ensure that all scores are correct and that fairness prevails. Perhaps I should have sent an e-mail to the affected owners first warning them of the discrepancies. I did not do so and apologize accordingly.

Current scores -

Love Bug = 54 caches [948 total]

R&H N. Ireland = 19 caches [443 total]

NB: these scores are as of today.

Photo nominations for June:

84fb0048-b123-4b6d-9f8c-8ed9b69ed997.jpg

A lovely photo of Megan with the Jabulani ball and the racer!

Photo taken by MeganZA of the Racing Ferrari which belongs to JPMZA

1688190a-cc83-4611-9076-9b636ecaf452.jpg

We thought this was a cool shot with a LARGE Zakumi!

Photo taken by GEO936 of the Capital TB which belongs to Carbon Hunter

RACE UPDATE

THERE SEEMS TO BA SPRINT FOR THE FINISH LINE AMONGST SOME OF THE RACERS. OTHERS JUST COULDN'T BE BOTHERED AND ARE LANGUISHING IN COZY CACHES AROUND THE WORLD.

I WONDER WHO THE VICTORS WILL BE?

COME TO THE EVENT AT THE END OF THE MONTH AND ALL WILL BE REVEALED!

Yea. Last night was the final of the race.

(Except for the TBs to make it to the finishing line/event)

The 2009 Great SA TB Race is officially OVER!! I will be waiting a couple of days for the final e-mails to come through with the latest movements and then I will reconcile the scores. There have been a few moves recently that could well make a difference to the final standings.

See you all at the Event - those that can make it that is.

FINAL UPDATE

The race is now finally over and all the prizes were awarded at the Chequered Flag Event in Johannesburg [Randburg] today.

Category 1 - TB traveled furthest - International = 47076km TOOLS OF THE TRADE - Justindett

Category 2 - TB traveled furthest - South Africa = 8932km DIE PIENAARS RACING COIN - Die Pienaars

Category 3 - TB with most points - International = 2391pts CACHEACHU - iNokia

Category 4 - TB with most points - South Africa = 1077pts LOVE BUG - wazat

Category 5 - TB that visited the most countries = 9 countries FLAGS OF THE WORLD POST CARD = DamhuisClan

Category 6 - TB to travel furthest before going MIA = 17323km BLUE BULLS TB - W@lly

Category 7 - TB to travel the least [Wooden Spoon] = 30km RACING SUBARU - Strider_SA

EACH CATEGORY WON AN UNACTIVATED GEOCOIN

WELL DONE TO ALL THE RACERS AND A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS. I REALLY ENJOYED ADMINISTERING THE RACE.

Edited by cincol

FINAL STANDINGS

I am rather technologically challenged so have attempted to post the final standings for all to see. They are separated into INTERNATIONAL and SOUTH AFRICAN so that you can see who competed internationally and who was local only.

c97ae873-b800-4a62-aa5c-24cdab2cf1d4.jpg

cd769507-b404-40d5-857b-16a7a763c860.jpg

:D

Thanks Cincol for a very interesting and exiting race, we enjoyed the race, and we are grateful that we picked up one category. Thanks for all you hard work and consistency in awarding the points as I think you we tested a few times.

Congrats to the other category winners and a BIG thanks to the cachers moving the racers, and taking all those very good pictures.

B)

Thank you GEO936, DamhuisClan and Cincol for all the effort with the 2009 Great Race. :D

Also thank you to all the cachers out there that moved our TB's and posted so many interesting photos. It was a great experience to be part of such a race for the first time. :D

I notice that BruceTP is working on a Race for next year already. B)

Hey everyone!

Congrats to all our prize winners!! Thanks to all the organisers and also to those who had to judge/score/rank etc.

"Travel in Style" had a somewhat different, and interesting journey.

It was off to a very late start (sitting in my cache box, while I wasn't doing any caching.. who knew that a wedding and building a new house would be in the cards for me in 2009?? and took up most of my week-ends with no time left for caching.. ;-) )

So it finally started moving when we took it along on our honeymoon trip. The TB visited a few caches on route and well, even though it was dipped by its owner, I just had to let it share our journey...

It even visited another country... but the owner forgot to take one photo of this poor bug in her suitcase to prove it. ;-)

So after some special points were scored (I don't remember which month) for "Travel in Style"s dipped honeymoon trip cache visits, it felt a bit better about it's performance... hehe :-)

Then it went all the way to Wellington in NZ, to visit CrystalFairy, and then it travelled all the way back to SA. That was special for us owners as well! :-)

When it was announced that additional points will be scored if the bug would attend the final event, I was quite excited to get that done. Realised soon after though, that the bug was actually not in the cache where it was still logged into. Newbies had taken it and logged that they have, but they haven't logged the TB out..

Sadly, this bug is now somewhere in some cacher's possession - still - I hope - and they haven't placed it anywhere and haven't responded to my e-mail.

Unfortunately, due to 'unforseen circumstances', "Tavel in Style" didn't make it to the event... (and then, neither did it's owner).

So this the story of "Travel in Style" in the 2009 SA TB Race.... hopefully, not the end.

:D

Thanks to everyone for this race, even the MUGGLER who stole my TB (and still won a prize!!!) 6th, WoW

I couldn't attend the event as I'm "Carlos" at the moment and doing some other kind of cache hunting :ph34r::D (Hunting for new wheels)

Thanks for the prize Cincol and kie (Can you please send me the activation code?) :D

Till the next race

T4TTBR