2009 Great SA TB Race

cincol

DISCRETIONARY BONUS POINTS FOR MAY

The penultimate month of the race and the run up to the start of the 2010 FIFA SWC so I thought let's have some fun and get into the soccer fever.

30 points for a photo with a real full size "Jabulani" ball

10 points for a photo taken with a Bafana Bafana shirt

5 points for a photo taken with any other participating country shirt

Good luck and happy racing!

Nice one cincol! Just to get us into the spirit of things!

I have set up the Event for the awards and final wrap up for this Race, but it is too early to publish it. I can only re-submit it sometime next week.

It will be on Saturday, 31st July 2010 from 11am till about 4pm or so.

I got a bit of a panic attack when I saw the number of Events popping up and thought that with all that plus some pre-planning by many geocachers would mean that I needed to set up the Event really soon! A bit too soon though! :D

The penultimate month of the race and the run up to the start of the 2010 FIFA SWC so I thought let's have some fun and get into the soccer fever.

I have no idea what a Jabulani ball or a Bafana Bafana shirt is but I'll go and edit my TB's page accordingly!

MrsB :D

I have no idea what a Jabulani ball or a Bafana Bafana shirt is but I'll go and edit my TB's page accordingly!

For the sake of our non-SA readers :D

"Jabulani" is the official FIFA ball manufactured by Adidas.

Bafana Bafana is the name of the SA Football Team - which loosely translated means "young boys".

For the sake of our non-SA readers :D

"Jabulani" is the official FIFA ball manufactured by Adidas.

Bafana Bafana is the name of the SA Football Team - which loosely translated means "young boys".

Thank you B)

And good luck in the footie!

MrsB

APRIL SCORES

INTERNATIONAL RACERS

1. Cacheachu

2. besem's Purple Dragon

3. JustinDett's Tools of the Trade Geocoin

4. 2009 SA Bug Racer - Capital TB

5. Travel in Style

6. 2009 SA Bug Racer - Blue Bulls TB

7. The gold diggers free state Ferrari

8. 2009 SA TB Race - SA World Cup

9. Arwen's Bling Bling Mini Cooper

10. Rhino & Hedgehog's Northern Ireland 2008 Geocoin

SA RACERS

1. Sir Henry Morgan Pirate of the Caribbean

2. Love Bug

3. DiePienaars N.Ireland Racing Coin

4. Vakeshele

5. Zulu Love Letter

6. Bruce TP's 2009 SA Race Medallion

7. Pongo the Racing Dalmatian

8. 2009 SA TB Race - Big Five

9. Bouncing Smiley

10. Green JAM's Caching Time

There were NO nominations for Photo of the Month so the points will not be awarded for this month.

What this space for the announcement of the End of Race Event that will be held in Gauteng.

Oh CRUMBS!! I completely forgot to nominate some photos!! So sorry, I remembered last week, but got sidetracked with so much work on the go.

cincol - is there a chance for me to still nominate some pics for April? Then you could do the voting and announce at the end of this month for both April and May? Pretty Please? :ph34r:

Oh CRUMBS!! I completely forgot to nominate some photos!! So sorry, I remembered last week, but got sidetracked with so much work on the go.

cincol - is there a chance for me to still nominate some pics for April? Then you could do the voting and announce at the end of this month for both April and May? Pretty Please? :ph34r:

Go for it!

Photo Nominations for April 2010:

0775884c-f5ac-4f3b-96f1-eacb35b3a997.jpg

Ferrari Racing TB - Photo taken by GerhardoosMPSA

57140b4d-a2c6-4f84-bc9d-6647e039eda2.jpg

Cacheachu - Photo taken by iHilux

f047bd07-a058-4a81-b7c7-065e4c6ed074.jpg

Cacheachu - Photo taken by Varkeliefe

35344fc9-563e-44a3-8a8b-9ebd9b4447b2.jpg

Blue Bulls TB - Photo taken by Hesamati

(We think this one is hysterical on the Stormers shirt!! Check out the caption on the TB's page :P )

2ba08ba5-a888-4da0-9ed9-ac4563f8ebf8.jpg

Blue Bulls TB - Photo taken by Hesamati

(Lovely scene with the mountains in the background and vines in front)

More nominations to follow, as soon as we get through all the racers' pages!

Hi there

If any of you are planning to attend or will be attending the Event for the prize giving and final scores of the TB Race (GC27MX6 - The 2009 Great SA TB Race - Chequered Flag), please could you let us know the number of children and their ages in your group/team/family/party? It will help us to determine the games for the kids.

Thanks so much!

There is a week to go before May is over and to date not ONE TB has qualified for a bonus point this month! :) I really thought that this month's bonus points would have been easy and that a few points would have accrued to some racers - but alas that has not happened. :( I am really dissappointed.

As June is the FINAL month of racing let's have some suggestions for bonus points from the floor. :) It would be great if a few bonus points could be scored before the end of the race.

Furthermore, a huge thank you to GEO936 for having posted [and will be hosting] the Event for the prizegiving of the Race. I would love to see all the recipients of prizes to be present at the Event if at all possible. However, as some participants are not local Gautengers [and they might be winners] that will obviously not be possible. :(

At the beginning of June I will publish the prize list [categories] and details of each prize. Some participants might be able to work out where their TB stands in relation to a catergory but I can assure you that the final positions will be kept a secret until the Event! :ph34r:

:D When does the next race starts? :D Who will be running it? :D Where can we drop off our racers? :D Come on everyone, there must be SOMEBODY out there who is keen to get the next race on the way? :unsure:

Edited by cincol

There is a week to go before May is over and to date not ONE TB has qualified for a bonus point this month! ;) I really thought that this month's bonus points would have been easy and that a few points would have accrued to some racers - but alas that has not happened. :( I am really dissappointed.

Me too... after my "Big Five" ended up stuck with a cacher for 2½ months and promises of "dropping it off soon", I was really hoping he would make an effort to get it a few extra points. It was eventually dropped last weekend, into the same cache it came from, with a photo of a child and an Easter egg !?!? :(:huh:;)

Photo nominations for May:

Aren't these little guys so cute! Nice one!

63fea1a0-77ac-4497-95bc-58355eeaccdd.jpg

Eager Beaver TB - Photo taken by Red Kite in the UK

Now this is something you don't see everyday - a black swan with her cute baby! Whoever said that a cygnet was ugly??

258400ae-328b-47a6-993f-2bccc8fdd2a7.jpg

Eager Beaver TB - Photo taken by Red Kite in the UK

Late entry Photo nomination for April:

We really liked this photo. It is taken in New Zealand, but if you didn't know any better you would think it was in the foothills of the Drakensberg in South Africa!!

ebc7a2ff-dcf4-4149-9749-25dc0837b3e3.jpg

Photo of Welsh Rugby Union TB taken by W.E.K.A.

Edited by GEO936

As June is the FINAL month of racing let's have some suggestions for bonus points from the floor.

How about at a Wedding? Historical Sites? Facebook page for the bug !!! LoL.

Obviously places that you will be able to take your TB to! :( Try another one! :)

Thought the idea about the Weddings sounded nice, but I suppose it would be difficult to achieve that in one month, when not even the World Cup soccer bonus points had much of an impact this month.

Historical sites is a good one - we have loads of those, even nearby in the city.

How about visiting a Museum or a Botanical Garden? We have these in all our provinces and they are easily accessible, especially Museums. There is at least one in every town or city. Perhaps also a bit of info. about the Museum would be nice or whether there is a cache nearby so that we can learn from it?

Or how about the coin needs to be photographed at a Multi or Mystery cache which is found during the month of June?

As June is the FINAL month of racing let's have some suggestions for bonus points from the floor.

How about at a Wedding? Historical Sites? Facebook page for the bug !!! LoL.

Obviously places that you will be able to take your TB to! :( Try another one! :)

You asked.... LoL.

FINAL DISCRETIONARY BONUS POINTS

Due to the World Cup Fever that is around and the distinct dearth of bonus points that were earned in May I have decided to extent the current bonuses through to the end. After all the race does end on the day of the SWC Final.

I have also added a final incentive for any TB that arrives at the Chequered Flag Event. However there are a few provisos attached to this one.

1. The TB will need to be placed in the Event on or before 10 July 2010.

2. The TB cannot be placed in the Event by its owner or any family member of the owner.

3. The cacher who places the TB will obviously have to be present at the Event.

4. The TB cannot be grabbed from the owner by another cacher and then placed in the Event.

5. The TB must not have been in the possession of the owner for the month prior to being placed in the Event.

6. These TB's will score 100 bonus points.

[by placing the above restrictions I have attempted to allow ALL the TB's a fair chance of being picked up from a cache and being brought along to the Event. It would be unfair if I had my own TB in my possession and then dropped it into the Event.]

Edited by cincol

Hey - my TB is stuck in a cache in Jobug - and which silly cacher do I have to blame? None other than myself B) I thought the puzzle cache was simpler than it is?

The day before I left for the Ivory Coast, I did that cache and saw your racer, but alas, I couldn't grab it, because I've handled it before. :laughing:

I love this twist... Thanks Cincol. It lets me rest from FTF frenzy... So the race end date is the 11th July, by the 11th June the bug needs to be out my hands and into a cache. Sort of makes my chase for 50 FTF's a bit out of reach now... But who knows. Might get lucky.... Someone please drop 6 New caches in my area.... Maybe call it the New-Cache-le series... Please... LoL.

Thanks for the extension on the Soccer theme... I am battling to get a whole lot of pictures off my PDA... the memory card is not working right....

Now just to find a way to get it there.... mmm.

MAY SCORES

INTERNATIONAL RACERS

1. Cacheachu

2. besem's Purple Dragon

3. JustinDett's Tools of the Trade Geocoin

4. 2009 SA Bug Racer - Capital TB

5. Travel in Style

6. 2009 SA Bug Racer - Blue Bulls TB

7. The gold diggers free state Ferrari

8. 2009 SA TB Race - SA World Cup

9. Arwen's Bling Bling Mini Cooper

10. Rhino & Hedgehog's Northern Ireland 2008 Geocoin

SA RACERS

1. Love Bug

2. Sir Henry Morgan Pirate of the Caribbean

3. DiePienaars N.Ireland Racing Coin

4. Vakeshele

5. Zulu Love Letter

6. Bruce TP's 2009 SA Race Medallion

7. Pongo the Racing Dalmatian

8. 2009 SA TB Race - Big Five

9. Bouncing Smiley

10. Green JAM's Caching Time

NOTE: In order to add a bit of "mystery" to the final placings I will not be posting anything at the end of June!

Due to the World Cup Fever that is around and the distinct dearth of bonus points that were earned in May I have decided to extent the current bonuses through to the end. After all the race does end on the day of the SWC Final.

I have also added a final incentive for any TB that arrives at the Chequered Flag Event. However there are a few provisos attached to this one.

2. The TB cannot be placed in the Event by its owner or any family member of the owner.

4. The TB cannot be grabbed from the owner by another cacher and then placed in the Event.

5. The TB must not have been in the possession of the owner for the month prior to being placed in the Event.

[by placing the above restrictions I have attempted to allow ALL the TB's a fair chance of being picked up from a cache and being brought along to the Event. It would be unfair if I had my own TB in my possession and then dropped it into the Event.]

Any chance that you would allow previous movers of the TB's / Geocoin's to place them in the final Event cache.

Any chance that you would allow previous movers of the TB's / Geocoin's to place them in the final Event cache.

All other rules will still apply equally. :blink:

Hi cincol....have you been able to look at the photo nominations for April and May as yet? I know you have a lot on your plate, but was just wondering which TB had won for each month? Best regards GEO936

Sorry, forgot to publish the results. :blink: Blue Bulls in the Winelands and Eager Beaver with the black swans.