Issues with GASK

I am trying to do a PQ and I am GSAK is giving me an error saying that the zip file is corrupt. I ran my first PQ a few weeks ago and everything went ok. This is my second try and itis not working. When I click on the OK button after GSAK opens, that is when I get the error. Am I doing something wrong. The eror code says that it could be a XP problem. Thanks - CachinSpree

I am trying to do a PQ and I am GSAK is giving me an error saying that the zip file is corrupt. I ran my first PQ a few weeks ago and everything went ok. This is my second try and itis not working. When I click on the OK button after GSAK opens, that is when I get the error. Am I doing something wrong. The eror code says that it could be a XP problem. Thanks - CachinSpree

I've received a small handful of corrupt zip's over the years, have you tried opening it with something else?

If you have the real winzip utility there is a repair program with it as I recall.

You might also search around using google, there are a handful of zip repair utilities out there.

If GSAK reports it as corrupt, its probably corrupt, I haven't seen gsak report a bad zip in error, every time I couldn't open the zip with other utilities either.

Keystone gave you some really good advice. I would probably follow it.

Jim

I ran into a problem like this a while back. The problem is with your e-mail service provider. GSAK would say my zipped/unzipped PQ files were corrupt; however, if I forwarded my PQ's to my wife's Outlook Express e-mail account, GSAK would open up the same file without any problems. I just created an Outlook Express e-mail account and set it up so my primary account would forward my geocaching e-mails to my Outlook account. That cleared up my problem. You could also try setting up and using a Gmail account. Good luck.

I got around this by putting a shortcut to the query file on the desktop. Drag icon of file over to icon for GSAK and it should open.

This "work around" did not work for me back when I was having the problem. A friend of mine, who is quite adept in the ways of computers, was quite befuddled as to the dilema in which I found myself. One day, I was able to open the PQ's received through my Road Runner account and the next day, I was not. No manner of manipulation of the file would work and changing my security settings and permissions did not remedy the problem.

With that said, hopefully one of the offered remedies will work for the OP.