2009 Kansas sunshine geocoins are here!

larry739

Hi there, fellow geocachers.

The new 2009 Kansas Sunshine micro geocoins are here and ready for you to order. This 1" micro geocoin is trackable on Geocaching.com with a custom icon and a KS prefix.

This year there were only 250 of these Red Petaled beauties made in Black Nickel. There are also 150 bright shiney nickel ones that will be available to anyone who buys 4 of the Black Nickel ones. In addition there are 100 only of the copper ones which will be sent out activated to people who order 10 or more geocoins. They will be named for the purchaser and can be carried around for people to discover or released into the wild.

Only 200 of these coins will be sold. The others will be left in geocaches, donated at events, or gifted to geocachers with PKK(Positive Kache Karma). Visit my profile to see what PKK is and calculate what yours is. Impress me with your PKK and I might just send you one of these little beauties for free.

In past years I have made thousands of Kansas Sunshines, but this year things are kind of tight so I had to cut back a bit. I am sure everyone understands.

The objective is not to make a profit here but just make enough to cover expenses and put out as many activated geocoins into the wild as we can. If you have never found a Kansas sunshine geocoin in a cache you are probably in the minority and in need of serious geocaching help or maybe you are just getting started. There are many thousands of these little guys that have been set free in the wild over the last three years. Somewhere on the Geocoin Forums is a posting describing them all. It has been a blast making these little beauties. Design ideas come from the community. This year is no exception. I got lots of requests for a red petal version so here it is. The center is gold glitter.

You probably noticed that this is the first time I have put my geonick, Larry739, on the geocoin. It was my little treat to myself this year. I hope you do not mind my silly ego trip. Oh yeah, I will send a free geocoin to the first person who posts here where that number 739 came from. There really weren't 738 Larry's already registered on gc.com when I signed up.

Well here is the deal on these jewels (all prices include shipping and handling):

1 coin $8

2 coins $15

3 coins $22

4 coins $27

5 coins $33 and one of them will be a shiney nickel version unactivated

6 coins $39 and one of them will be a shiney nickel version unactivated

7 coins $45 and one of them will be a shiney nickel version unactivated

8 coins $51 and one of them will be a shiney nickel version unactivated

9 coins $57 and one of them will be a shiney nickel version unactivated

10 coins $63 and one of them will be a shiney nickel version unactivated plus you get an activated copper one named for you to carry to events or drop in a cache.

additional coins $6 each when ordered with the original 10.

I think these may go pretty fast. I will be mailing them out as fast as I get the orders. I am only doing paypal to my regular email address larry739@sbcglobal.net First come first serve until they are gone then it is over. I hope everyone gets at least one.

Now for the photos:

Regular Black Nickel:

2009kssunblkfrt.JPG

2009kssunblkback.jpg

Shiney Nickel:

2009kssunnickelfront.JPG

2009kssunnickelback.JPG

Copper:

2009kssuncopperfront.JPG

2009kssuncopperback.JPG

Spread Kansas sunshine around the world.

Edited by larry739

That title should say 2009 not 2006. Gee, can someone fix that???

Sadly, I didn't even notice the 2006 in the title. A fun looking coin. I've found several previous Kansas Sunshine Geocoins. THANKS

As far as the 739, You were born on July 3 of 1990 or July of '39. How about between the 2 dates? OKAY it's a bad guess.

Let me start over here. It's 2009!!! NOT 2006! Boy I am behind the times.

Hi there, fellow geocachers.

The new 2009 Kansas Sunshine micro geocoins are here and ready for you to order. This 1" micro geocoin is trackable on Geocaching.com with a custom icon and a KS prefix.

This year there were only 250 of these Red Petaled beauties made in Black Nickel. There are also 150 bright shiney nickel ones that will be available to anyone who buys 4 of the Black Nickel ones. In addition there are 100 only of the copper ones which will be sent out activated to people who order 10 or more geocoins. They will be named for the purchaser and can be carried around for people to discover or released into the wild.

Only 200 of these coins will be sold. The others will be left in geocaches, donated at events, or gifted to geocachers with PKK(Positive Kache Karma). Visit my profile to see what PKK is and calculate what yours is. Impress me with your PKK and I might just send you one of these little beauties for free.

In past years I have made thousands of Kansas Sunshines, but this year things are kind of tight so I had to cut back a bit. I am sure everyone understands.

The objective is not to make a profit here but just make enough to cover expenses and put out as many activated geocoins into the wild as we can. If you have never found a Kansas sunshine geocoin in a cache you are probably in the minority and in need of serious geocaching help or maybe you are just getting started. There are many thousands of these little guys that have been set free in the wild over the last three years. Somewhere on the Geocoin Forums is a posting describing them all. It has been a blast making these little beauties. Design ideas come from the community. This year is no exception. I got lots of requests for a red petal version so here it is. The center is gold glitter.

You probably noticed that this is the first time I have put my geonick, Larry739, on the geocoin. It was my little treat to myself this year. I hope you do not mind my silly ego trip. Oh yeah, I will send a free geocoin to the first person who posts here where that number 739 came from. There really weren't 738 Larry's already registered on gc.com when I signed up.

Well here is the deal on these jewels (all prices include shipping and handling):

1 coin $8

2 coins $15

3 coins $22

4 coins $27

5 coins $33 and one of them will be a shiney nickel version unactivated

6 coins $39 and one of them will be a shiney nickel version unactivated

7 coins $45 and one of them will be a shiney nickel version unactivated

8 coins $51 and one of them will be a shiney nickel version unactivated

9 coins $57 and one of them will be a shiney nickel version unactivated

10 coins $63 and one of them will be a shiney nickel version unactivated plus you get an activated copper one named for you to carry to events or drop in a cache.

additional coins $6 each when ordered with the original 10.

I think these may go pretty fast. I will be mailing them out as fast as I get the orders. I am only doing paypal to my regular email address larry739@sbcglobal.net First come first serve until they are gone then it is over. I hope everyone gets at least one.

Now for the photos:

Regular Black Nickel:

2009kssunblkfrt.JPG

2009kssunblkback.jpg

Shiney Nickel:

2009kssunnickelfront.JPG

2009kssunnickelback.JPG

Copper:

2009kssuncopperfront.JPG

2009kssuncopperback.JPG

Spread Kansas sunshine around the world.

Edited by larry739

That title should say 2009 not 2006. Gee, can someone fix that???

Sadly, I didn't even notice the 2006 in the title. A fun looking coin. I've found several previous Kansas Sunshine Geocoins. THANKS

As far as the 739, You were born on July 3 of 1990 or July of '39. How about between the 2 dates? OKAY it's a bad guess.

Nice guess, but sadly not the correct answer. You may try again.

Larry, I know the 739 answer, but that wouldn't really be fair would it? :unsure:

I know YOU know. I bet you know that some asteroids were discovered by that observatory and one of them was actually named Sunflower and it orbits the sun between Mars and Jupiter and is about the size of Kansas City.

$8 is a bit steep for a 1" micro coin. Email me if you are entertaining trades.

It is 50 cents less than last year.

It is interesting that the unit cost of making the coins went up quite a bit due to the smaller quantity. I used to make 2000 and the unit cost was much less. This time I just made 500. Then consider this includes postage, envelop, paypal fees, gas to the post office and the actual coin cost is quite a bit less, actually more like $6-6.50. If you look at obtaining multiple quantities, the cost goes down quite a bit. In the past I only offered these in 5 or 10 packs, but some people just wanted one or two. I know first hand that some folks are having to cut back on their geocoin purchases due to the economy. Just keep in mind that the final objective here is not to make a profit but to get as many activated geocoins into circulation as possible.

I like to trade geocoins, but my goal is not collecting. I frequently activate them and set them free.

By the way I just discovered (thanks to one of you guys) that I misspelled my paypal addy on my initial post. I left one of the r's out of larry. DOH! No wonder I was not getting the usual flood of orders on these little guys. I thought no one liked it. Thanks Sillygirl &jrr for letting me know about my blunder.

My paypal addy is

larry739@sbcglobal.net

Sorry for the mistake especially if you tried to order last night. I will make it up to you if you had a problem just let me know in your comments on your paypal. Maybe a little extra in there huh?

Edited by larry739

Collecting only geocoins with flowers and got all Kansas Sunshine microcoins available from the beginning.

So I think I have to order these 2009 KS micros too :unsure:.

My PKK is not that high (appr 1.65) but in my country (the Netherlands) that is rather high.

best regards,

Alie and Gerrit Jan aka GeoTeeth

All the coin orders recieved so far have been shipped and there are still some left. I will be dropping off some in caches this weekend around KC. I also will be sending activated copper coins out with all orders recieved this weekend for 5 or more geocoins. A few people have asked if I would swap out one of the blue petal coins for the 2009 coin and that is a can do for a limited time. Have a great geoweekend. It is 60 degrees, no wind and sunny here today.

Great coin again.

The PKK is counted only on active caches right? Then ours isn´t better that 2,7.

grodan Karin

I calculate PKK on all caches. You have excellent PKK! Way to contribute.

Ok, if I count in the founds of all our caches, including archived ones, and have done the calculations right our PKK raized to 3,8. Seems high but again, I´m not sure how to count but I think I´ve done it right.

grodan Karin

Great coin again.

The PKK is counted only on active caches right? Then ours isn´t better that 2,7.

grodan Karin

I calculate PKK on all caches. You have excellent PKK! Way to contribute.

Ok, if I count in the founds of all our caches, including archived ones, and have done the calculations right our PKK raized to 3,8. Seems high but again, I´m not sure how to count but I think I´ve done it right.

grodan Karin

That is great. It is all about the joy you bring to others.

I am in Phoenix and dropping Kansas sunshine geocoins in caches I visit. SOme will be unactivated. If you live in Phoenix you may want to check it out.

PS I am available Saturday for a meet up with local cachers who want to go caching.

WOW! Some lucky geocachers in Phoenix will get a Kansas sunshine coin!!! :)

To pitty I am soooo far away!!!!

I can not even participate with my PKK.... I only found 19 caches (14 traditional, 3multi and 2 virtual), I haven't place a cache yet, (problems with cordinates..), so... ;)

the only thing good is that I found almost all the caches in my island! I am missing a micro that actually haven't been there yet, but it has my name (something like Half owner), and a new one, an earth cache! I hope to find them soon! :)

I had the pleasure to see a KS 2008 coin! I droped it in a cache here in Rhodes (I helped it start its journey! It as not my coin!), and now is in Switzerland! :)