Geo-Portal GeoCoin By DJ.J.ROCK

DJ.J.ROCK

After checking out your site, add me to the waiting list. I would love to have one of these coins.

thank you sparticus i hope Eartha will reopen my thread as im not selling anything there just providing pictures and informations on design aspects, so others can see the site. all sales information will be found here.

Will you have a waiting list and could I be put on it,Please?

no waiting list,, Chqualitycoins will be selling them and will hold no presales, i will gladly send a e-mail to those that would like announcing the coin sales, thats the best i can do.

new samples should be done anyday now!!! :rolleyes:

in the case they blow out the door in minutes i will ask for a remint,, tho i dunno if they have ever reminted their coins? well see how they do and go from there.

I got them in, was really excited, i need to send an email and get some answers and then ill let ya know what happened and whats going on. :laughing:

fdf8febd-8df8-4a97-b0ef-b85c8e2a22a6.jpg

ok so heres my best attempt to explain whats going on with the knolage i have at this point

theres alot of things going on right now that is delaying the minting of the coin,

1. communication to and from the mint is really slow, like 1 mail a week turnaround

2 the sample process of the coins is taking longer then expected due to the communication problems

3 they are not understanding some of the plating on the samples, or just havent even came close to getting it right yet.

4. the "blue" color is eather not being put on correctly or was put on sloppy. there is blue under the red there is blue on the edges and outside of the areas that its susposto be confined to.

a few different emails has been sent to the manager of the mint and i am awaiting to hear back from them, they are also redoing the AE sample as its very far from right.

ill keep everyone updated as i know stuff.

sorry for all this ,,I dunno what I could do to change any of it. :laughing:

All this news is not good. Sorry to hear you are having such issues.

No its not,, Its my first coin and already so many problems :laughing:

nothing I can controll tho. I wish I could do something.

im thinking the area where the blue is going is to shallow and its making the blue ripple or bleed out of the area, wondering if new dies will have to be made to allow for the blue to sit right.. but ill wait to hear before posting anything for sure. :laughing:

So, did you say that there was a waiting list we could be put on :o ?

Nope, sorry, What I am doing tho,as a courtisy is sending out personal e-mails to let everyone know when they will be on sale, as soon as I know. They will be sold at chqualitycoins. if yould like an email just post here as I will be referencing this thread for "who" wanted an e-mail.

no waiting list

no reserves

no money up front

when they hit the store they will go up for sale. :D

kinda exciting wondering, huh? :D

so we waited all night, Jay.....wheres the new pics????? :D:D

good news and bad news, :D , the good news is I got the pics, and the stamp of the coin is alot more defined. the bad news, they obvisouly have no clue what were asking for on the plating, and I think were giving up on making it right,, they keep doing the same thing over and over. All the recessed areas are susposto be one metal and all the raised metal another plating, they just keep plating the symbols and thats it! :o I can also tell by the pics that the blue on the coin may just not work out, because they are getting blue all over the coin edges. :D

i will be sending emails back and forth to figure out everything :D not sure whats next as chquality gave me a different impression as to everything was great and they were ready to mass produce.

but i can tell from the pictures still the same issues with the blue color fill and the plating is still wrong! :D

When you get it just the way you want it, we'll all still be here ready to buy one, or three.

Thanks, Im sending emails to try to understand "what"" exactly is the problem with the design that the blue bleeds, i know were gonna try a softer enamel. but i just dont know enuff about the minting process to know what needs to be done to fix it. ive been at work on this coin for a half year now and Its a great idea and all but its just not turning out the way i had hoped for.

:anicute: wish i was an expert on this stuff so i could fix it!!! :anicute:

Any update on how these are doing???

yes actually im awaiting the samples in the mail ,, as a last resort we tryed a soft enamel,, if it dosent work out then we will pick the best 3 versions of all the samples we had made. also with the plating for the AE they said it was too hard and are gonna send me the best they can do,, if it dosent work i will use the 2 tone from the first sample rather then sell that version.

trust me no more will be done ,,, weve redone dyes twice and had 4 rounds of samples,, so keep your fingers crossed for the soft blue enamel.

Any update on how these are doing???

yes actually im awaiting the samples in the mail ,, as a last resort we tryed a soft enamel,, if it dosent work out then we will pick the best 3 versions of all the samples we had made. also with the plating for the AE they said it was too hard and are gonna send me the best they can do,, if it dosent work i will use the 2 tone from the first sample rather then sell that version.

trust me no more will be done ,,, weve redone dyes twice and had 4 rounds of samples,, so keep your fingers crossed for the soft blue enamel.

:ph34r: the samples got lost in the mail, but a new round is in the mail priorty and hopefully will be here by Saturday.

if time permitts me to send out an e mail to you all that wanted one i will with the finishes that we have chosen and an aproximate date of sale if i can get one from CH. :o

Again I wanna take a min to thank you all for your support, and apoligise for the loooooong wait on these coins. :)

Ive had the new sample for a few days and they came out really good! i was not able to get a good picture, and will try to repost new pics soon but here are some bad pics.

Shiny gold on antique gold- with blue

dd80e9eb-d125-47f4-a1ad-584b6cdf774c.jpg

6dc0dc82-6198-4e1f-8969-0e767fa132c3.jpg

Also I need to pick out finishes Id like your input

Q1- What version would you prefer to get in a trade and what one would you prefer to buy?

1-Antique Gold on silver no enamel

b8a8b78b-ed9a-4015-946d-11d08cc37394.jpg

or

2-shiny gold on antique gold with blue. (above)

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

Man that two tone is fabulous! Can't wait for you to put these up for sale. Is there going to be a limit on them?

I honestly dont know,, after Theotokos sold out and over sold, im gonna give them a few to figure out that and then ask for more details,, becide im having a hard time deciding what to sell and what to have as a trade only version my AE will be 1 of the 2-- 2 tones but I cant decide on what one because they are both great coins,, and hopefully sell the other one and one of the 1 tones of the 4 samples ,, but what one???

im asking for everyones opinion but no answers yet??

of the 4,, 1 tone samples ,,,who likes what??

ant silver with or with out blue,, or shiney silver with blue or with out? its a hard choice..

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

I prefer the blue but, can't tell what the metals are ? I usually prefer copper on most of the coins I buy and have a choice on. Or gold if it looks good. I usually don' buy the silver metal if I have a choice. And I haven't ever done any trades. I usually don' buy more coins than I want for my personal collection. :lol:

another piece of bad news on these coins,the coins arrived to ch, the mint sent the wrong plating to ch, we sent them the details and even photos of the ones we wanted done to the factory manager( due to all the problems), and thery still messed up..... crap!!! i belive this is the last coin ch will be using that mint for, as we have had many costly mistakes conserning this coin. but this is the iceing off the top,, someone is going to be out of alot of bucks for this mistake. i belive all 250 coins came in with the wrong platings!! so we are now waiting to see how and when they will be fixing them!!

will keep you all updated as we deal with yet another issue,,,, they were so close to being sold but now yet so far!! :unsure::cool: