Geo-Portal GeoCoin By DJ.J.ROCK

DJ.J.ROCK

are they here yet?

ILYK

nope not here yet,,

ilyk?? << whats that mean?

If I'm right, it means I Love You Kathy. Correct me drneal if I'm wrong :D

By the way, very nice coin :D

Hmm... I thought it was I'll Let You Know.

Love the coin. Very nice concept. To tell you the truth, I think that the multi-level edge would really add to the coins beauty. :D

Are you planning on making any of these in just metal w/o color? Also wanted to add that I agree with Dimkasmir about the multi-level edge. I sure hope this one goes to mint, I would very much like to add it to my collection.

plan to run a mostly all metal 2 tone...I think,, depends on the samples

Are you planning on making any of these in just metal w/o color? Also wanted to add that I agree with Dimkasmir about the multi-level edge. I sure hope this one goes to mint, I would very much like to add it to my collection.

plan to run a mostly all metal 2 tone...I think,, depends on the samples

there is a plan to run different colors of metals or translucent the all 2 tone would be an a-e edition trade thru me only,, but like i say it really depends on some samples

communication is slow with the mint

is this pretty normal?

:anicute:

Please keep in mind that January 26th is the kick off of the Chinese New Year. This is a week long celebration where all businesses are shut down and NO work is being done. I'm told that as often as not workers leave for the holiday and just don't come back after. The mints then have to train new people to do the work so quality often suffers for a while after. This may not happen so much this year because even China is feeling the economic crunch. However the more you can get completed before the Chinese New Year the better. If you can at least get the blueprinting completed & the die made to your satisfaction, you're good to go. :(

CF30

communication is slow with the mint

is this pretty normal?

:cry:

Please keep in mind that January 26th is the kick off of the Chinese New Year. This is a week long celebration where all businesses are shut down and NO work is being done. I'm told that as often as not workers leave for the holiday and just don't come back after. The mints then have to train new people to do the work so quality often suffers for a while after. This may not happen so much this year because even China is feeling the economic crunch. However the more you can get completed before the Chinese New Year the better. If you can at least get the blueprinting completed & the die made to your satisfaction, you're good to go. :D

CF30

awww yes i forget,,dang ,, i hate being rushed

PROBABLY BY HAVING A COIN ON MY SEEKERS LIST TO TRADE FOR OR IN A COINTEST- DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER I GET AFTER ALLS SAID AND DONE- OR MABIE AS A MISSION PRESENT..IN A CACHE.. WHO KNOWS...HUMMM?

Awesome design!! Sign me up

*note to self---ask DJ for a seeking list so I know if I can get on the AE traders list*

my seekers list is on our profile at the bottom of the page, and needs a lil update but most we still seek.

ready for the next art,,,?

Yup! :cry:

Wow! This looks awesome! The translucent orange is my favorite color and I love that the rest is bare metal. Are you sure you don't want a multi level edge though? :cry:

I do want to do a multi level edge,, but the icons look smashed or small in the art so it will look horrible on the coin, because the round icons basicly go from edge to edge, they would have to be about half the size they are now, to bring the edge in, so imagine the icons half their size, so ..I think mabie you can understand why now,

but on the up side, that allowed for the tracking to be around the edge to keep the art clean!! so it was a decent trade,, icons big,and tracking on the edge, for a full round coin, tho I might also add that it will be multi level up and down...

so ,, what do you think changes from this art to the next???,, can you notice the changes from the first art to this one?

I will also post some meanings of the symbols, Incase anyone would like to know.

The Celtic symbol of three conjoined spirals may have had triple significance similar to the imagery that lies behind the triskelion. The triple spiral motif is a Neolithic symbol in Western Europe. It is carved into the rock of a stone lozenge near the main entrance of the prehistoric Newgrange monument in County Meath, Ireland. A variant of the symbol is also found, carved into the wall in the inner chamber of the passage tomb. Because of its Celtic associations, it is also used as a symbol of Brittany (alongside the hermine).In the north of Spain, the triskelion is used as a symbol of Galizan and Asturian nationalists. A similar symbol called lábaro by Cantabrian regionalist can be compared to the neighboring Basque culture's four-branched lauburu.A possibly related symbol of Germanic origin is the valknut, and the Celtic and Germanic triquetra.

The black triple spiral triskelion symbol emerges from the white core. The triskelion is an ancient symbol that has numerous meanings: all trinities, the cycles of life (birth-death-rebirth), the phases of the moon (waxing-waning-full), the forces of land/sea/sky, the three aspects of dependent relationship (Buddhism), the continuous movement of time, the sun, the womb, the Neolithic Mother Goddess, the Celtic god of the sea and psychopomp Manannan Mac Lir, and a symbol of balance among life’s threefold divisions (Neopaganism).

Thank you DJ.J.Rock for explaining what the symbols mean on your coin and we can see the difference from the original, we think these are going to be very beautiful when they are done. It sure helped us understand the meaning of your coin and we like what the symbols mean. We love to be able to trade with you for one for sure and purchase one as well. Hope this okay with you. We will continue to keep watching this coin come to life :D doing a great job so far.

Thank you DJ.J.Rock for explaining what the symbols mean on your coin and we can see the difference from the original, we think these are going to be very beautiful when they are done. It sure helped us understand the meaning of your coin and we like what the symbols mean. We love to be able to trade with you for one for sure and purchase one as well. Hope this okay with you. We will continue to keep watching this coin come to life :D doing a great job so far.

Sweetlife thank you for all your kind words, but-that is only one symbol, he he he , (the triskelion), I ran outta time last night and plan on posting more meanings of the symbols as we go along here, there are many art revisions, I have only posted 2, nore have I mentioned where on the coin I actually am- I hope this is intreging for everyone like a mystery coin- except with info,,lol :D

the true fact of the matter is that this coin is a bit harsh on the art side to get every thing just right- so many art revisions have had to take place, for a full understanding for the mint.

so on that note-- Id like to Thank - chqualitycoins for all their hard work thus far, and spending the time to explain everything to me. This coin would not be possible with out their hard work.

p.s sweetlife ,,i would like a trade with you, when they come,, im sure you shouldent have much problems finding a coin on my seekers list!!lol mr and ms 1500 coins,,j/k

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

The symbol that sets at 2 o clock often depicted as rising out of , one of the signs for the ram, the sign of Aries, representing the spring equinox. During a few centuries around 1000 B.C. this symbol was used in the Euphrates-Tigris region to represent the sun and the sun god

Shamash, the greatest power, or the highest divinity.

The symbol that sits at 4 o clock is called -the caduceus, the staff of the two snakes

In Greece Mercury was represented by Hermes, the quick-footed messenger of the gods, often pictured with wings at his ankles. Hermes was symbolized by the caduceus, the staff of the two snakes . The god in the Roman empire that the messenger of the Greek gods, Hermes, was identified with, Mercury, was the god of merchants, but also of thieves. The staff of the snakes in Rome became a symbol for trade and communications. This caduceus, or snakes' staff, has been mixed up with the Aesculapii staff, with only one snake, a symbol for the art of healing or medicine. Aesculapius for the Romans and Askleipos for the Greek, this god was the son of Koronis and Apollo and the god of medicine and healing, worshipped at Epidaurus. Zeus killed him with a thunderbolt for restoring Hippolyte to life at the request of Artemis.

The symbol that sits at 5 o clock is called- NYAME NTI

"by God's grace"

symbol of faith and trust in God

similar to Gye Nyame

According to The Adinkra Dictionary by W. Bruce Willis: "This stalk is depicted as the staff of life in many cultures. It symbolizes to the Akan that food is a basis of life and that they could not survive if not for the food that God has placed here on Earth for their nourishment. "

The symbol that sits at 7 o clock is called- triquetra

The triquetra has been found on runestones in Northern Europe and on early Germanic coins. It presumably had pagan religious meaning and it bears a resemblance to the Valknut, a symbol associated with Odin.

Celtic art

The triquetra is often found in Insular art, most notably metal work and in illuminated manuscripts like the Book of Kells. The fact that the triquetra very rarely stood alone in medieval Celtic has cast a reasonable doubt on its use as a symbol in context where it was used primarily as a space filler or ornament in much more complex compositions. But Celtic art lives on as both a living folk art tradition and through several revivals. This widely recognized knot has been used in for the past two centuries a sign of special things and persons that are threefold, such as Mother, Daughter and Grandmother - Past, Present and Future -and especially the Holy Trinity, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It can also mean Self, brother, and sister. [1]

Christian use

The symbol was later used by Christians as a symbol of the Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Spirit). This appropriation was particularly easy because the triquetra conveniently incorporated three shapes that could be interpreted as Christian Ιχθυς symbols.

A common representation of the symbol is with a circle that goes through the three interconnected loops of the Triquetra. The circle emphasizes the unity of the whole combination of the three elements.

Neopaganism

Modern Pagans use the triquetra to symbolize a variety of concepts and mythological figures.

Germanic Neopagan groups who use the triquetra to symbolize their faith generally believe it is originally of Norse and Germanic origins. Celtic Reconstructionist Pagans use the triquetra either to represent one of the various triplicities in their cosmology and theology (such as the tripartite division of the world into the realms of Land, Sea and Sky), or as a symbol of one of the specific triple Goddesses, for example, The Morrígan.

The symbol is also sometimes used by Wiccans and some New Agers to symbolize either the Wiccan.

Ill leave the last 3 for another day.

ac0e9983-2843-4bd1-8f58-04ec7578d36a.jpg

IVE HAD SO MUCH STUFF TO POST FOR THIS COIN,

HERE IS THE FINAL ARTWORK, FOR THE SAMPLES, IF IM NOT MISTAKEN BY THE NUMBERS ON THE ART,, I BELIEVE THIS IS ART REVISON #11, BECAUSE OF THE EDGES AND TRANSLATION TO AND FROM THE MINT,, THIS COIN HAS TOOKEN AWHILE. THE TRACKING WILL BE LAZER INSCRIBED ON THE EDGE.

HOPE YOU HAVE ENJOYED THE ART PROCESS END OF IT..AND THE EXPLANITION OF THE SYMBOLS WILL GIVE YOU A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF HOW THIS COIN REPRESENTS US,GEOCACHING,AND OUR PASION IN LIFE AND FAMILY, AND HOPE MABIE THIS WILL CONCUR WITH SOME OF YOU MABIE HITTING SOMETHING CLOSE TO THE HEART,AS THIS COINS HAS ALOT OF DIFFERENT MEANINGS AND VALUES STORED WITH IN IT. ;)

Can't wait to see the samples! When is the approximated time that they will be ready? Do you plan on having an AE?

samples will be done aproximate on the 9th of feb,, yes I will have an AE only 25 minted. there will be no presales,or reserves on this coin as i know it. when they are instock for sale or when i know when they will go up for sale,,I will personaly send out e-mails to those specificly who have asked here as a thank you for your support.

fairyhoney- thank you for your support,, and yes I will!!! :lol:

You probably mentioned this before but what site will be selling your coin? :lol:

What are the finishes? Or are you going to wait until you see the samples to choose? :D

Would you please add me to your e-mail alert list. B)

CF30

yes i did but why not plug them again they've done a great job, this is not an easy coin to explain to the mint and they have spent the extra time to explain finishes, and options, and have an open mind when it comes to coin designs, i couldent have had a better experence making my first coin ,,so on that note

CHQUALITYCOINS WILL BE SELLING THE COIN!!!

we are waiting for the samples to choose the best finishes!! and to make sure everything is tight.

and yes i will add you to my mail list!!! thank you for your support!!

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

Just a quick question.

Is this going to be trackable? If so, I thought the "guidelines" said it has to have "trackable at...." somewhere on it.

Still loving the look of this and will have to order a couple when they are released.

yes it will be trackable ,,and it will be located on the edge of the coin,, we are going to have this lazer inscribed or engraved, so thats why its not on the mint art

johnmac thank you for your support, i will add you to my list of emails to send!!!thank you all

Just a quick question.

Is this going to be trackable? If so, I thought the "guidelines" said it has to have "trackable at...." somewhere on it.

Still loving the look of this and will have to order a couple when they are released.

yes it will be trackable ,,and it will be located on the edge of the coin,, we are going to have this lazer inscribed or engraved, so thats why its not on the mint art

johnmac thank you for your support, i will add you to my list of emails to send!!!thank you all

Maybe having the "Trackable at Geocaching.com" text on an edge die would be more cost effective than engraving the whole thing?

Just a quick question.

Maybe having the "Trackable at Geocaching.com" text on an edge die would be more cost effective than engraving the whole thing?

because of the edge of the coin, it was possible but if it dident go well, it would been another die fee, so i do think we took the safe most cost effective route, and i think its lazer inscribing were having done, not 100% positive on that tho.

am i on that list?? :D

anyone who's posted here,asking for an e-mail will be sent 2,,, as soon as i know when they are going to be on sale and another mail *when* they go on sale.

once again I thank you all for your support!