Dutch Lion mystery coin

Laval K-9

I've been a bit busy over the past couple of weeks for a number of reasons. It was so bad that I actually threw all my bills and mail that I have received the past week and a half in my bag to look at and pay while at work, lol. I haven't opened much of anything because I'm kinda behind (the story of my life). I check in the threads here and there but haven't been reading much. (Yes Pete, wii is to blame too, lmao). Anyhow, I had a package that came in about a week ago and finally opened it at work today and figured it to be a trade I forgot about and much to my surprise, it was a sweet Dutch Lion Mystery coin :rolleyes: That put a nice smile on my face and then I paid my bills :cry: . I'm a Leo too and love the coin, thank you for your generosity mystery coin person (people?) it was very much appreciated and will go into my special binder :D Congrat's to those who have received this cute coin.

Thanks again!

tsun

Congratulations Jay, We mentioned that when we seen this Mystery Coin that you would love it and so glad that the mystery person blessed you with this very cool coin.

Congratulation to Tsun as well, hope someday you are not to busy and can have a chance to sit doesn and have a breather someday, and glad to hear you been blessed with such a cool ion mystery coin as well.

And condratulation to other recipients who received this very cool coin.

We are happy for everyone. :cry:

:D I received a Dutch Lion mystery coin too, today!!!

WOW!! It is a beauty!!!

Thank you so much!!!!!

No 025 is in my hands!!!! :D

Nikos, I am so happy for you my friend :(;)

And for all the lucky recipients!!!!

Thank you My friend!!!! :unsure:

I hope you will receive one too! It is such a beautiful coin!!!

:rolleyes::) I found a Dutch Lion coin :):)

Yesterday evening I found out that there might be a Dutch Lion coin in a cache near Amersfoort, the Netherlands (thanks for the tip Millieballon!!!). Would I drive all the way from the Hague to Amersfoort the next morning with the risk that someone else had already taken it?? Hmmmm.... ok, why not! If the cache would turn out to be empty, I could always just do some nice caches in the woods around Amersfoort. And it was my day off anyway. So I got up early this morning and left at 07.00 to do some Lion hunting. When I arrived in Amersfoort at 08.15 it was just starting to get light.

Found the cache quickly and YES! the coin was still in there!!!!!!! Thank you Dutch Lion for making and giving away this beautiful coin. It is my first mystery coin, and extra special because it's a Dutchh one. I left an unactivated geocoin in the cache for the next visitor in search of the Dutch Lion, to make up for the Lion coin already gone.

Here are some pictures:

f473e05f-92e9-4ee2-9615-c0366c95189a.jpg

89366b8f-7133-459a-8167-e71758165f89.jpg

Today I got an envelope that brought a smile to my face :angry:

The Dutch Lion #94 has arrived in Norway (or should I say lions, cause there was one coin for me and one to drop in a cache)

Thank you for making my day better!

Edit to add congrats to the other recievers/finders!

Edited by Smort78

Hallo all,

Please sent me one off this coin please I can type good englisch :D

Greathings Keske27

verkaveltje@kpnplanet.nl

So the nice looking fellow in the picture on the Dutch forum isn't really you.........mmm what to think about that? :angry:

Hallo all,

That is the reasen that I want this beutifull coin.

Greathings Keske27

Hallo all,

Please sent me one off this coin please I can type good englisch :D

Greathings Keske27

verkaveltje@kpnplanet.nl

So the nice looking fellow in the picture on the Dutch forum isn't really you.........mmm what to think about that? :angry:

Hallo all,

That is the reasen that I want this beutifull coin.

Greathings Keske27

In stead of doing all that photoshopping you could have gone out to find one in a cache today ( the Dutch Lion has an account on Geocaching.com). The cache is not to far away from your home. I don't know if it is still there though. Good Luck

Sadly the Dutch Lion hasn't done any caching in Nova Scotia yet :angry:

He (she?) has only logged 11 caches in the Netherlands and one in Missouri (???). Oddly enough, it would probably be just as easy for me to get to Holland as it would be to get to Missouri. :D

( my wife is standing behind me and saying 'you are not going to either place!' )

aaarrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwwwwwwwwwww

;) Congrats everybody with finding or getting The dutch lion :)

i am very happy for you all but a little bit more happy i am because E&Cplus3 has get the dutch lion mysteriecoin :D

I have a feeling that they are more dutch as i am ;)

At least they love the Netherlands geocoins very much, so wwwhhottttttt for E&Cplus3 :D:D

loekiliefde-200.jpg

B) Thanks Dutch lion for spreading happiness around the world :D

aarrrrhhhhhhwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

The Dutch Lion came calling today!

He requested that he be shown with the other two prized coins of my collection: the Delft Blau coins. So here he is with his countrymen.

Thank you so much for this wonderful gift!

That really is a nice addition to your Dutch collection. Since we are speaking about the Dutch lion: Gefeliciteerd.

JIPPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WAUWIEEEE E&Cplus3

i`m dancing and smiling and just go crazy of happyniss for you :D:D

you got the LION and that is sooooooooo gooooooooooodddddddddddd...........

and CONGRATZZZZ for all LIONZZZZZZZZZZ... :laughing::laughing:

hè leeuwtje,

het is zo leuk om al die leuke verhalen over jouw bezoekjes te lezen

dank je wel dat je deze mensen zo blij maakt :D

:antenna::D:unsure:

I'm doing the happy dance today!

The Dutch Lion has made it to the Lions Lair and fits nicely among my collection of Lions as well as my coin collection! The biggest decision I have now is what collection to add it to!

89fa1b24-7f42-48b6-acd8-9acf52d9446b.jpg

e8b5a8fd-6bb5-49e5-883b-25b8faefefbd.jpg

Thank you so very much Dutch Lion! :grin::D:lol:

You brought a big smile to this old Lion at the end of a hard weeks work... This is now my new favorite coin!

The Dutch lion has been roaring very hard these last days.

We are happy for the new receivers.

Escpecially for Lionslair. I think it is a really good addition to their lion collection :antenna:

Nice pictures.

The weekend has started. We are curious to see if the Dutch lion is going to do some caching.

It is fun to watch the actions and stories of the hunters.

Happy caching and happy hunting.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! :laughing: My obsession with lions started at a young age and has had me collecting them for years... Adding the Dutch Lion to my coins is an honor that I feel priveledged to do and I was very proud to show it off yesterday at an event we had in our area yesterday. I got alot of ooohhs and aaahhs from it and said it fit me well. I was also told that it was time I made a personal coin.... we'll have to see what the year brings... again, thanks :huh:

Thanks for the kind words everyone! :huh: My obsession with lions started at a young age and has had me collecting them for years... Adding the Dutch Lion to my coins is an honor that I feel priveledged to do and I was very proud to show it off yesterday at an event we had in our area yesterday. I got alot of ooohhs and aaahhs from it and said it fit me well. I was also told that it was time I made a personal coin.... we'll have to see what the year brings... again, thanks :)

Should you do a personal coin, I would like very much to see the sweet lion showned on your avatar included on it. I like him a lot :laughing:

Thanks for the kind words everyone! :huh: My obsession with lions started at a young age and has had me collecting them for years... Adding the Dutch Lion to my coins is an honor that I feel priveledged to do and I was very proud to show it off yesterday at an event we had in our area yesterday. I got alot of ooohhs and aaahhs from it and said it fit me well. I was also told that it was time I made a personal coin.... we'll have to see what the year brings... again, thanks :)

Should you do a personal coin, I would like very much to see the sweet lion showned on your avatar included on it. I like him a lot :laughing:

Us Too! Thanks for the nice comment you made Laval K-9. We love seeing the lions at our local zoo. If we knew what your email was we be proud to show you the pics of our lions here.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

When the mailman came this morning..Error get wild :laughing: ..he never do this because nothing to eat cames threw the mailbox for him. :D So he does not care :D

But now....Error goes ..waf waf waf..and he grumbles..just as a wild dog. :ph34r:

So a little bit afraid ..i pick the mail and............................. :wub:

wwhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooottttt

the dutch lion has found me :D:D:D

wwhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooottttt

Lion.gif

Wow, what a big surprise :D:D:D

I am totally speechless..i never thought the dutch lion would find me :unsure:

That i am so lucky to get one off the 100 coins. :D

But what made me very happy..i've got number 13 whhotttttttt

Geo.error and 13 belong together [ long story :D ]

lion3.gif

Thank you very much The Dutch lion for thinking at me :D

And thanks for being so generous and making a lot of coiners so happy :D

I feel very honored, speechless and very daarnnnn happy :D

:D Thanks thanks thanks :D

Congrats to all other lucky ones..just as me :D

WWhhooooooooooooooooooooootttttt

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by Geo.Error

JIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MY DEAREST FRIEND HAS A LION :ph34r::D:D

OHHHH ERROR HAS A LION TO PLAY WITH THATS WAY SO COOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL :laughing::unsure:

HEEE LEEUWTJE JE HEBT ME VANDAAG ZO GELUKKIG GEMAAKT ......................

NUMMER 13 AAN MIJN BETSE VRIENDIN WAT GAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFF ................

for the english friendzzzz.......

heeee lion you have make me very happy today.........

number 13 to my best friend way coooooolllllllllll..........

thanks that you do this for all of usss....

AND FOR EVERYBODY WHO HAS A LION CONGRTAZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Edited by lorca.nl

I have been away from the forum for quite a while. I am currently back to school, living in another city during the week, and my whole life is quit busy and complicated. It is not easy to be away from home for so long. No time for coins, and limited time for caching.

I guess I missed a lot of great coins, fun missions, and great stories around new (and old) mystery coins :)

Last week, after a long time, I made two trades. So I wasn't surprised to find a bubble mailer in my mailbox today. But I was confused that the stamps were from the Netherlands! I wasn't expecting any coins from the Netherlands! You can't imagine how surprised I was when I found a little package inside with a lion printed on it, which contained a really beautiful coin that I had never heard of :):P:D

Thanks so much!!! This coin is very special to me.... receiving a mystery coin is always a great feeling, but this time it gives me the feeling that I am not forgotten by the community even after a long time that I have been away. Thank you. :D And tomorrow will be a special day as a geocacher, if everything works, I will log my 1000th find tomorrow (it will be a D5/T5 cache). Perfect timing for such a wonderful gift!

THANK YOU again, for the coin and everything involved with it :D:D:D

Lion_01.jpg

Edited by Steinwälzer

Thank you so much, Dutch Lion, for making my day today!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, mystery coiners somehow or another know just when to send their special gifts. Horrible headache since about 3 am this morning and it has continued all day long. Hanna brought me the mail when she got home, though, and it was like a ray of sunshine and MUCH better medicine than the paracetamol that I'm allowed to take right now!

THANK YOU!!! I'm now the proud owner of number 79!

Naomi :)