Valentines Day Cointest

drneal

I've really enjoyed participating and just watching the goings on in the forums, so it's time for me to give back...this is my first cointest, be gentle with me!

Cointest rules are fairly simple; submit a picture of you and your spouse, life partner, significant other, milkman, whatever. along with a story describing how you met.

The winner will be picked at random from the entries late Feb 14, 2009; one entry per couple please. the winner will receive a "Minne Und Treue Geocoin" in antique gold.

IMG-1-1.jpg

Hopefully all is ready to go...and now

Me First!

IMG.jpg

Kathy and I first met on a blind date, a fraternity Christmas party. I had just started working at a practice about 30 miles from where I had taken my undergrad courses, I knew a couple people in the frat, and the date was set up by one of my frat brothers.

I met her at her apartment, and yes, it was love at first sight (at least for me, I hope for her too!) I gave her a little stuffed koala bear at the party, which she kept for the rest of her life. I'm thankful for the time we shared!

Your turn.

ILYK

This is very nice cointest to have Thank You so much for having this one to share all of our stories.

I met Barry thru the Wisconsin yahoo chatrooms. I met him prior to him being divorced or seperated in the chatroom, and have talked with him several times, but lost contact with him as he really was trying to make his marriage work.

Well a year and half later I was searching the Wisconsin chatrooms again out of blue I had recognized that name again and started talking to him and in between time I had heard that he talked to a friend of mine and told her that we have talked and he had a interest in me. So I decided I would say hi to him and we talked met the next day and hung out and been together ever since. We both have been married to people where the other one we married was never arround. Even tho we both married we both felt so alone in our first marriages. We both do everything together, we love the hobby of geocaching, we love sight seeing, we love waterfalls, we love spending time and with family and friends, needless to say we do everything with one another, only time we are apart is when we are working. We look forward to each day seeing one another. We are married and just had our 4 year wedding anniversary. We both wish we would of met that year and a half earlier, it was fate that brought us together. Here is a picture of us together.688cf251-1cf0-472c-87cf-c7e6b1550525.jpg

joeandvicatthespringalsocrop.jpg

So you want a story??

There was once a fish who swam alone in a small pond. He swam aimlessly, sometimes drifting along, other times just lazily swishing his tale just enough to move a few feet. It was lonely in the pond. There was, at one time, another fish in the pond and they swam together when they were younger. After a few years they just couldn’t swim together anymore and the other fish left the pond. Now this fish would feel lonely at times but he knew that if two can’t swim together they can’t swim at all,

One day a cat came to the waters edge for a drink and the fish caught a glimpse of her and started to lazily swim over out of curiosity. When he reached the shallows the cat had already finished her drink and had gone off to chase butterflies. The next day the cat again came to drink at the pond and it being a hot day even came into the water for a quick roll to cool off. This cat liked the water! The fish was really intrigued by this cat, but he was out of practice and couldn’t swim fast enough to get over to talk to the cat before she had finished.

He began to exercise his fins and working on his stamina so that when he saw the cat, he would be able to meet and talk with her. Exerting himself, short bursts turned into longer swims and one day he arrived in time to greet the cat. “Hello, pretty kitty!” to which she replied “Hi, fish! Is this your pond?” and they had a wonderful time talking as the cat rolled in the shallows and the fish swam nearby. After a short bit the cat left to chase milk weed fluff that was floating on the breeze, but had promised to return the next day.

When it neared the usual time for the cat to drink from the pond the fish had heard some splashing and went to investigate. It was the cat! Swimming out to meet him in the deeper water. Wow! This was really a special cat. He was captivated by her long paws stroking through the water and how her tail shifted side to side as she swam along talking to him. The cat told him he made her happy to see him flitting around excitedly as they swam along. And that made him blush because he had been flitting around so that he could see her from all angles as she moved so gracefully through the water. “I’m excited we can be together.” He told her.

Their time together never seemed to last long enough. They both wanted more, but how could they make that work?……………….

My wife and I actually met when we were 8 and 10yrs old. I was the older one. We were in 4-H together and spent alot time together going to fairs and state shoots. Those were the best cuz' they were all weekend. I am not sure what to call it but I'll use "puppy" love for it. We were "together" :D for until we were about 16 then the whole school thing came into play. Not to mention other"friends". We stayed in touch for a time and then lost touch until I was about 25 or so. I had seen her mom at a parade and asked how Katie, now my wife, was doing with her boyfriend. Well, They are not together anymore she said. OOOOO my eyes lite up. It took a couple of days to get the courage up to call her but I finally did. Long story short, About 10 months later we were married. Now we have two beautiful daughters and are enjoying being a family to the fullest.

( If I can get the picture I'll post one of us when we were 10 and 8 yrs old)

ce1797aa-0683-4e3f-9b6c-f289f7d9ccac.jpg

Edited by dardevle

n34803076317016932340sa3.jpg

This is my fiancee Jess and I at Wildwood, NJ, a few summers ago. We met in our first year of college; both of us were serious athletes, and we spent a lot of time around each other because cross country and track demanded a lot of us. Eventually we sort of just drifted together, being used to being around each other, and during that first summer of being apart, we decided that we should date, because we didn't like being apart. It's been more than three and a half years now that we've known each other, two and a half that we've been officially a couple, over thirteen months since we got engaged, and we'll be married in June of 2010.

n34803419309504788145xy9.jpg

Did I mention that she tolerates my caching habit? Yep, we're meant for each other.

us.jpg

It was an odd meeting for us. February/March 1996. My girlfriend at the time just cheated on me with my best friend and I felt devastated. I was still in high school and my friends and I were standing the hall before the start of class discussing what that cold hearted so and so did to me. At the time I did not know that Heather felt really bad for me and also really liked me. Later on that week she had her friends ask me if I could give her a ride to school the next day because she had something big she had to bring to class. She was very shy and could not ask me herself which I found to be very cute later on. I told her that I could and would give her a ride so she did not have to take her big stuffed rabbit on the bus. Later on in the week her cousin asked me if I wanted to go hang at the mall with her and Heather. I said why not. As we walked around her cousin told me that her friend Gina liked me but Heather liked me even more. I said "Oh? Well I like her too (Heather that is)". And then I turned to Heather and asked her to go out with me. She of course said yes and her cousin totally spazzed out in a very good way, she was happy for Heather. It was hilarous. The next 10 years was great. We had our ups and downs, but who hasnt?

10 years after we started going out (3-10-06), I married Heather and we have been very happy together. I wouldnt trade her for anything in the world. She caches a little, as long as I dont go on my all day trips. We do alot together and are very happy and grateful that we have each other.

Happy.jpg

My wife Kim and I met while I was stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. We dated for a little while before I shipped off to Korea for a year as an instructor. When I got my mid-tour leave, I bee-lined straight back to the States so that I could permanently take this woman off the market! She's way too valuable for me to leave available. This was back in '06, and she's stuck by me through some of the hardest times, the best times, and is still by my side, even though I'm now thousands of miles away again in Afghanistan. She may grumble at times when I ask her to come out and find caches with me, but she's my lucky charm. I was with her when we found our very first cache, and she's been the first one to usually find the caches when we're able to go out together and hunt. As tough as it is being apart for another year, we're still able to find the time to talk to each other every morning, and every evening since that's all we can do with the time difference now. I've found some really cool caches, and great swag in a lot of them, but I definitely would call her my greatest find ever!

A Few years back I was doing the whole online dating thing, and not having much luck. A friend of mine told me about Myspace and said I should create a profile, because they were meeting all kinds of local people on there. So I did, about a month later this really cute girl sends me a message and we chat back and forth for about a month. One day she invites me to a "SCA Fighter Practice" it was for a medieval re-enactment group she played in, and thought I might be interested in it as well (plus if I turned out to be a psycho she would have a bunch of big tough guy friends dressed in armor to protect her) It was fun, we hit it off and two days later went on our first "date" date (dinner and a movie). We had such a good time together that we have hardly been apart since (maybe a couple days here and there when she is traveling for work) A couple of weeks into our relationship she invited me to another SCA event, This one in Arizona, and it lasted for a week. Thousands of people all dressed in medieval garb camping in the desert, fighting in armor, taking classes and generaly having a great time....

Estrellahoward.jpg

That is were this photo was taken.

A year later I asked her to marry me, and she said "Yes"!

On june 13th 2007 we were married (in a medieval ceremony).

I am very happy I met her, and I am looking forward to spending the rest of our lives together.

She is my soulmate!

the person that i love the most of the hole world is this woman.........

IMG_0005.jpg

i met her at 17/09/1973 at 07:43 dutch time, she is the one that give me my life......

when i was a baby my dad died so she had to rease my brother and me by her self, her parents died also very early so she did`t had much help from them.

after a while my mam had a boyfriend but that was`t much so she deside to stay a single mam.

when we where little and my brother and me where going to school i did`t understand why a lot of childeren had to stay over at school because me and my brother did go home for lunch with my mam.

she always had the table readdy for us and we did must tell how we had the morning at school.

she always bring us back to school and at 4 o`clock she had tea with a cookie for us and my brother and me had to tell everything..

when we had holiday from school she always had the car packt so that we could`t drive to france and spend there our holiday`s and we drive back at the second last day of holiday..

my brother and me get older and we come in the puberty and as much childeren my brother and me did a lot what hurts my mam, but even then she always said: no matter what you do I LOVE YOU and you must learn from your mistake`s so it is alright to make them.

we did make mistake`s but my mam never let us down she was always there to cache`s us up..

now we are adults and we learn a lot about live also hard parts but my mam is still there to cache us even when she is sick or hurt to or something else she always find it more important to be there for me and my brother then anything else...

i live on my own now with my loverboy but still i want hear my mam everyday.......

sometimes when i feel happy or down i go to my mam and sit next to her on the sofa and i crowl to her and she put her arms around me and i can sit there for hours with my mam like a little baby....

she give me the best childhood that i ever can wish for...

she give me the best puberty that i ever can wish for..........

she give me the best life i ever can wish for....

i love Ed so much....

i love my animals so much....

i love my friendzzz so much...

but my mam......

she is the one that i love the most........

IMG_0005.jpg

i met her at 17/09/1973 at 07:43 dutch time, she is the one that give me my life......

when i was a baby my dad died so she had to rease my brother and me by her self, her parents died also very early so she did`t had much help from them.

after a while my mam had a boyfriend but that was`t much so she deside to stay a single mam.

when we where little and my brother and me where going to school i did`t understand why a lot of childeren had to stay over at school because me and my brother did go home for lunch with my mam.

she always had the table readdy for us and we did must tell how we had the morning at school.

she always bring us back to school and at 4 o`clock she had tea with a cookie for us and my brother and me had to tell everything..

when we had holiday from school she always had the car packt so that we could`t drive to france and spend there our holiday`s and we drive back at the second last day of holiday..

my brother and me get older and we come in the puberty and as much childeren my brother and me did a lot what hurts my mam, but even then she always said: no matter what you do I LOVE YOU and you must learn from your mistake`s so it is alright to make them.

we did make mistake`s but my mam never let us down she was always there to cache`s us up..

now we are adults and we learn a lot about live also hard parts but my mam is still there to cache us even when she is sick or hurt to or something else she always find it more important to be there for me and my brother then anything else...

i live on my own now with my loverboy but still i want hear my mam everyday.......

sometimes when i feel happy or down i go to my mam and sit next to her on the sofa and i crowl to her and she put her arms around me and i can sit there for hours with my mam like a little baby....

i love Ed so much....

but my mam......

what a beautiful story....reminds me of how I feel about my mom...thank you so much for sharing you experiences with me. My mom is my best friend

picofusatdinner.jpg

We're Hound (fox-and-the-hound) and Moun10Girl aka Chris & Cherie. We're living proof that a lot of the old adages aren't true. :) We met 19 years ago in a High School algebra class. I had a crush on another girl in that class, but it wasn't Cher! We were total opposites and in many ways still are. We would talk and flirt, but only casually and as time progressed we ended up with significant others monopolizing our time. One day as I was driving by her home I stopped to say hello after recognizing her house from her talking. That's when it happened... I saw the real her for the first time. Shy, reclusive and reserved at school, but totally outgoing and exuberant in the comfort of her home. Stick a fork in me, because I was done right there. Within days we had broken off our previous relationships and begun dating. Like most childhood loves it burned bright and died quickly as life threw a few curveballs our way. I broke off our relationship, but she never gave up on me and half a year later we were back together and stronger than ever. Now all these years later she still puts up with me and even goes caching with me as much as our complex scheduling will allow. We're high school sweethearts who survived the years and love each other more now than ever before. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's bliss. :)

e70fc024-2e32-47f2-9f14-60258b4b147e.jpg

We met 34 years ago, on my first day of work after I graduated from university. He was my supervisor, and at first I was totally terrified of him because he was so good looking and also quite a few years older. The more I got to know him the more I liked him. We didn't have anything other than a professional relationship for several months, because I thought he was married. When I found out she was his former wife everything changed! We've been married 32 years now. When we were first married I worried that working with my husband would be a bit too much togetherness, but we seemed to manage OK. Then he changed jobs and we only saw each other on the way to and from work, at lunch time, coffee breaks, and at home, and I worried that there wouldn't be enough togetherness, but we still managed OK. After he retired and became a domestic engineer (i.e., house husband) I worried that we'd hardly ever see each other, but we still managed OK. Now I'm almost ready to retire, and of course I'm worried that staying home with my husband will be a bit too much togetherness, but I suspect we'll manage this change OK, too, even though I'll probably have to cook once in a while :unsure:.

Thanks for the cointest!

f85a3619-f253-4cca-816c-64233a9b45b0.jpg

We are DJ.J.ROCK, JAY & CASSIE , Cass dosent partake in the forums or in alot of caching, she does help with the missions tho, and seems to enjoy being the driver on some night caches, our name is my DJ name and name for all my online activitys.

I met Cass online when she accidently sent me a message on AOL going on 5 years ago, it was a pure accident, but I responded,and seemed to intrege her, we spent a few month getting to know eachother before we met, We hit it off really well already knowing alot about eachother, weve been togeather from then on,, we now have a beautiful 16 month old girl, and have been thru alot togeather. Tho we dont always agree, Ive never had to sleep on the couch, and love her very much!! :unsure:

f85a3619-f253-4cca-816c-64233a9b45b0.jpg

We are DJ.J.ROCK, JAY & CASSIE , Cass dosent partake in the forums or in alot of caching, she does help with the missions tho, and seems to enjoy being the driver on some night caches, our name is my DJ name and name for all my online activitys.

I met Cass online when she accidently sent me a message on AOL going on 5 years ago, it was a pure accident, but I responded,and seemed to intrege her, we spent a few month getting to know eachother before we met, We hit it off really well already knowing alot about eachother, weve been togeather from then on,, we now have a beautiful 16 month old girl, and have been thru alot togeather. Tho we dont always agree, Ive never had to sleep on the couch, and love her very much!! :unsure:

There are no accidents :unsure:

IMG_0005.jpg

i love Ed so much....

but my mam......

Wow, you really brought tears to my eyes lorca (Anne). I hope my girls feel the same about me when they are older....... :unsure:

My wife and I have been married thirty years. We have four children all grown and gone. Since the children have gone we have focused our attention more on each other, I think as a result I not only have a deeper love for her but a greater appreciation for who she is. We both work I in the fabrication industry as a processor and she works for a family practice as a nurse. My wife likes to run. She also does two medical missions trips every year with the practice that she works at. I read that alot of couples here do everything together, it is not so with us. I go on different missions trips than she does as I am not qualified in her areas, In fact my wife will be on a missions trip this valentines day so I will miss her.

IMG_3826.jpg

Above is a picture of Mr. & Mrs Brier patch taking a break from one thing we do together biking rail trails. We do alot of biking here at home around the Amish farms but we do rail trails with overnight stays at hotels (Mrs Brier does not do camping she feels it is for "The young and wet") Although local farmers have begged her to camp during long droughts!

IMG_3827.jpg

Here is a picture off a trail where we stopped for lunch. My wife loves to eat out.

IMG_3880.jpg

Here she is before a nice break we took to go swimming along the york heritage rail trail. My wife has been caching and lovingly refers to it as "Hiking interrupted". We do some hikes every year when not biking.

IMG_4062.jpg

Above is a picture of our biking set up and no she does not ride on the handle bars she has her own bike not pictured.

Now that we are empty nesters we spend alot more time together, and are wonderfly happy, I was worried at first, when the last youngling left but we have grown closer spiritually, emotionally and.....

So there is hope for you if you are entering that area where the children are leaving.

I would not dare to tell you that while I have been married thirty years that it has been all rosses and chocolate as it has not. It has been alot of work with two people commited to the same purpose, but most importantly it has been rewarding for both of us because we have each other not just to lean on, but to challenge and encorage to grow and become more than what we are. I think I am and still want to be a better person because of her daily influance on my life, she make me feel lucky and I am to know her.

Ok Im done rambling your turn...

This one's from about 2 years ago. All of my more recent ones are on a different computer. Henry and I originally met in 7th grade through a mutual friend. We became good friends and remained so all the way through school. Adulthood took us apart, him to the Marines, me to marriage and motherhood. After my divorce in the mid 90's I went out dancing with the same friend who had introduced us and we bumped into Henry. For the next couple of months we'd all go out as a group of friends. One night I was late getting there and when I walked in I had my mind on other things and started to walk right by him. He stood up and grabbed me by the arms, kissed me, and sat back down to his beer. :yikes: I never said a word, just kept walking but 13 years later we still get a good laugh out of how we got together.

Xmas06.jpg

It is almost 14 years ago to the day that I met my husband so I thought I should post. Ok, here we go...

My husband Dave and I met through a mutual friend at a pub in university. We hit it off and started dating. Shortly after, I had confided in a friend that I was thinking of breaking it off with him because "he was just TOO nice" (would give in to everything I wanted, never wanted to hurt my feelings, always polite and very laid back). HA! Yes, I was only 21 and oh so dumb...but whatever, I will save that for another post. :lol:

Well, I held on and on Valentine's Day, a dozen long stem roses appeared at my door. I found out later that he had walked for 30 minutes in the rain to a flower shop to buy them. He didn't realize how much roses cost on Valentine's Day (he'd never had a girlfriend on that particular holiday before) and the shop cleaned him out of about $80 (a lot to a broke student!) but he bought them anyway. When I heard how much trouble he went to in order to give me what he thought I wanted on Valentine's Day, well, I was hooked.

14 years later, he's still very laid back (which I now love about him -- someone in the relationship has to be right?? lol!), still polite and never wants to hurt my feelings. But I must say, he doesn't give in to everything I want anymore! :ph34r:

Oh, and did I say he has a great smile????

234331.jpg

Bob and I met at a dance held by a club we were both members of. It wasn't exactly love at first sight, but as time went on I got to see what a genuinely nice man he was always helpful and even brought great food to our potlucks (I found out later he was working as a chef) well when we DID realize how much we mattered to each other we didn't waste much time. We were both 32 years old and for me I didn't think marriage was going to be a part of my life. It was a first marriage for both of us and on Valentine's Day we will celebrate our 17th anniversary. We weren't blessed with children but we adore (and spoil) our geodoggies and have a lot of good times together. We all love geocaching, I first got interested but he was instantly hooked and the doggies get totally excited when we pick up our geo gear.

I look forward to many more years of happy geocaching.

1157584f-e6d8-4115-b635-1b9a772ea526.jpg

Edited by Kurdogso

Nanette and I together comprise yankeepride, although many call me yankeepride and her Mrs. yankeepride. We met online at match.com, but our first in-person meeting was at a local restaurant/bar in Florida that my friends and I went to for Friday happy hours all the time. She could only stay for a little while, but I had a suspicion we had a shot at something bigger when she came back later that evening after running her errand. One happy marriage later, turns out I was right!

n1580757381_47392_9250.jpg

i met my husband back in 1999. we first got talking to each other in a chatroom hosted on the television teletext pages. back then i was a bit wild and was chatting up everyone in the room, i had got to know many of the chatters and would chat to them both on the chatroom, and also privately by phonecalls. it had become a bit of a clique, and i was starting to ignore anyone else who dared to "speak" to me. my husband on many occasions had said hello to me and joined in on the conversations that were going on, but to no avail. this started to really annoy him, and he lost patience and yelled at me in cap letters am i gonna speak to him or not. well that got my attention on him and i only spoke to him that first time to tell him to fook off.

anyway to cut a long story short, friendship turned to romance. in 2001 i quit my job to move up to north scotland to live with him.

on february the 14th 2006 he made an honest woman of me and we got married.

i looked awlful in that picture as i was looking very greeen behind the gills, through wedding stage fright and morning sickness. can you see the gritted jaw?

Wedding14.jpg

my other significant other is my son. he came into this world and suffered a traumatic start to his life. he very nearly died from collapsed lungs that then filled with fluid. for the first week of his life we wasnt even allowed to hold him, his life was in a delicate balance. but he is now 2 years old and he is an adorable little boy. im convinced he is going to grow up to become a singer or musician, because he likes to sit down infront of me with his guitar and he strums it and sings to me.

Image028.jpg

wedding.jpg

niagarafalls.jpg

No big exciting story here. We used to live in the same neighborhood & didnt know eachother. Wound up that we had mutual friends and crossed paths one day hanging out with everyone. Started hanging out with eachother then started dating. We got engaged 4 years ago in Hawaii and live in Long Island,NY. (long engagement, not married yet,lol)

2acda4cb-a6c3-45d3-94f2-847a0fb9a544.jpg

Big Ron and Lori Darlin Love Story :D

A high school friend of mine was coming to town (where we both used to live and I still live nearby) so I gathered up a bunch of friends that still live over there to have a girls night out and celebrate her being in town.

We all arrived at the very busy bar/saloon and went inside. Several people were dancing to the music of a great band and it was packed. All my friends sat down except me and one other girl. I stood nearby and my friend asked me why I wouldn't sit down. I told her because this way when a guy comes up to ask me to dance he will already know how tall I am and no one will have to be embarrassed.

No sooner had I said that when there was a 'tap tap tap' on my shoulder. I turned around and looked into someone's CHEST and then looked up at the suitor!!! He was a tall cute blonde :D He asked if he could have this dance and I shakily said 'ok!' and away we went. At the end of the dance, he picked me OFF the floor and twirled me around. It was love right there and then that night. At that time (before we shrank) I was 6'2 and he was 7 feet tall. No one had EVER lifted me up before lol

He tried to get my phone number from my friend and she wouldn't give it to him and so then he asked me for it. When we were leaving the parking lot, I gave him my phone number and my friend was yelling out the window that I gave him the wrong phone number and he looked scared and I kept laughing and told him it was right.

He called me a few days later (happy that I answered) and asked me out and we have been best friends since. On April 3rd it will be 16 years :D In August we will have been married 14 years.

1852f200-b92b-4484-9628-2d4e2d1c7b1a.jpg

Happy Valentines Day to everyone and thank you for this SWEET cointest!!

Edited by LoriDarlin

I'd love the opportuntity to share our story.

We met while watching at 1995 Rugby World Cup Final on TV (I guess the local equivalent of the SuperBowl Final) - but with the South african team in the final!

South Africa at the time had just come out of apartheid,a nd there was still a lot of racial tension and undercurrent of disunity. When we won - and Nelson Mandela wore the captains jersey and handed over the trophy - the country erupted into a euphoric frenzy of celebration that united the nation.

Well - that day also untied me and my wife. We met - did not like each other at first sight - but as we celebrated, talked, danced and got to know each other - we fell in love and have not been parted. We were married a year later - and had 2 boys 2 years after that. It has not always been easy - but then that's what relationships are about - but it has been a wonderful, blessed, fun, exciting journey that is still continuing.

We always think back on the day we met - and still get a little nostalgic whenever the Springboks (south Africa) play the All Blacks (New Zeraland) in a rugby match.

profilepic4010_1.gif

Sweet cointest idea! I'll add our story (from my side, there's more to tell...)

When I was young and single (and alone...), I used to make up stories to fill my little world. And naturally, there was a significant other for me in this own world. Time moved on but I stuck to my dream and even drew a portrait of my unknown friend. It was in '96. Two years later, I met and loved another guy but the story didn't last as long as I would have liked, so I went back to my world! Finally, with the magic of internet, I decided in late 2000 that I would give it a chance once again and signed in on a dating site. There I received many answers and after some time, decided to meet the guys to see them for myself. One of them was the (almost) living image of my drawing. Needless to mention that I fell in love and fortunately it was shared. We've been together for 8 years now and we share most of our interests (including Geocaching!)

We got officially married in late 2006 and organized a big viking party - because we also are viking reenactors - in autumn 2007. This is where this photo is from. 2136104070028999818S425x425Q85.jpg

So here we are, both members of the Geocaching team Mar-elendili and enjoying life together.

drNeil, the coin is stunning,We like the fact that this coin resembles two people and their closeness that they share with one another. We also like that you can hang this coin if you wanted to. We have been having so much fun ready each and every post that everyone is shared so far. Thank You for the cointest as well.

Three weeks left to the cointest...thanks to all who have participated so far! Let's get those stories and pictures posted!

My turn (again...it's my cointest!)

After we lost out first dog, Brandy, I set up a Las Vegas renewal of vows without letting Kathy know. The Las Vegas Wedding Chapel was very careful about contacting me, and even blacked out their name on the window of the limo they sent for us. Kathy had no idea where we were going, only that she had to wear a dress (vacations were usually very informal for us,) and that I was wearing a tux.

The first she saw Elvis, was when she was led into the wedding chapel itself (we were not big Elvis fans, but what says Las Vegas wedding better!) The ceremony was also similcast over the internet so her parents and friends could watch the ceremony. She later told me, she really didn't know any of the plans. She loved everything about the surprise so much, that she kept a copy of this picture on her desk at work...that picture is with her still.

IMG_NEW-5.jpg

ILYK

10c6c1aa-0d15-407c-8df1-0195b0f88a7e.jpg

Soulsong and I met back in college. We took the same summer course that involved a road trip into Montana to explore cultural memories of the Lewis and Clark expedition. Anywho, I got to share a motel room with a horribly loud snorer, so I used it as an excuse to go hang out with the girls. Wound up sleeping on the foot of Soulsong's bed as I knew I wouldn't sleep at all with the snorer droning away. She kicked me in the head in the middle of the night, and in the morning I was all in love with her: obvious brain damage is obvious.

It took a few years, and many trials and tribulations were overcome, but I eventually won her over.

Not sure if I'll get to the computer tomorrow, so an early reminder, just 2 weeks (more or less,) left to enter the contest, and be seen up close and personal on the forum.

Below, a 10 year anniversary picture (I like showing off pictures of my wife!

IMG_0001_NEW.jpg

ILYK

Not sure if I'll get to the computer tomorrow, so an early reminder, just 2 weeks (more or less,) left to enter the contest, and be seen up close and personal on the forum.

Below, a 10 year anniversary picture (I like showing off pictures of my wife!

IMG_0001_NEW.jpg

ILYK

Awww, all I can say is.........beautiful memories.....thanks for the cointest........and I don't even have an entry in. Hope this helps you pass over this special day with new memories.

Don't have any pictures, so this will be invalid for the cointest, I wish I did. See all my stuff is in a warehouse in Virginia, while I look for a house in Texas. Once I find one, I can have Uncle Sam deliver my stuff, and then I will have pictures.

I felt like sharing my story anyway.

I met my (ex)wife in 1987 Karlsruhe Germany, I went out to the club with a bunch of fellow Soldiers, drinking, listening to music, dancing (welll if you could call it that). The dance floor was really crowded and a girls glasses got knocked off her face (wasn't me). I picked up the glasses, gave them back to her, and went on about my business.

About two weeks later, same bunch of guys, same club, same attempts at dancing with one minor difference. I was feeling a bit randy that night and decided that I would kiss the first girl that danced more than two dances with me. So I did. You guessed it, it was the same girl whose glasses I picked up off the dance floor previously.

After spending the rest of the evening at the club with her, I got her address. I then left on a training exercise for three weeks. Training mission ended, we returned to base, and I went to her house to see if she remembered me. You must understand, I had been in Germany for a little over a year, didn't speak the language very well, and she didn't speak English very well.

Needless to say, in 1989 we were married. Our first child was born, and she followed me around Germany and to the States (delivering two more children in the process).

In 2002 we went back to Europe, where I was stationed at SHAPE Belgium, in 2003 she was in an accident that left her with a traumatic brain injury (TBI) and us minus one child.

We returned to Germany (Heidelberg) so she could receive treatment in her native language. During the rehabilitation process, she decided she didn't want to be together anymore and moved out in 2007. Everthing was official in 2008 after I had returned to the States for retirement, and a new career.

The only thing I can really say about our relationship, is to take lyrics from a John Lennon song. They go something like this (not sure if I have the quote right but it is real close)

"Every man has a woman, if he is lucky he will find her in this lifetime"

All I can say is I was lucky, then after the accident, my luck ran out.

Thanks for reading

Don't have any pictures, so this will be invalid for the cointest, I wish I did. See all my stuff is in a warehouse in Virginia, while I look for a house in Texas. Once I find one, I can have Uncle Sam deliver my stuff, and then I will have pictures.

I felt like sharing my story anyway.

I met my (ex)wife in 1987 Karlsruhe Germany, I went out to the club with a bunch of fellow Soldiers, drinking, listening to music, dancing (welll if you could call it that). The dance floor was really crowded and a girls glasses got knocked off her face (wasn't me). I picked up the glasses, gave them back to her, and went on about my business.

About two weeks later, same bunch of guys, same club, same attempts at dancing with one minor difference. I was feeling a bit randy that night and decided that I would kiss the first girl that danced more than two dances with me. So I did. You guessed it, it was the same girl whose glasses I picked up off the dance floor previously.

After spending the rest of the evening at the club with her, I got her address. I then left on a training exercise for three weeks. Training mission ended, we returned to base, and I went to her house to see if she remembered me. You must understand, I had been in Germany for a little over a year, didn't speak the language very well, and she didn't speak English very well.

Needless to say, in 1989 we were married. Our first child was born, and she followed me around Germany and to the States (delivering two more children in the process).

In 2002 we went back to Europe, where I was stationed at SHAPE Belgium, in 2003 she was in an accident that left her with a traumatic brain injury (TBI) and us minus one child.

We returned to Germany (Heidelberg) so she could receive treatment in her native language. During the rehabilitation process, she decided she didn't want to be together anymore and moved out in 2007. Everthing was official in 2008 after I had returned to the States for retirement, and a new career.

The only thing I can really say about our relationship, is to take lyrics from a John Lennon song. They go something like this (not sure if I have the quote right but it is real close)

"Every man has a woman, if he is lucky he will find her in this lifetime"

All I can say is I was lucky, then after the accident, my luck ran out.

Thanks for reading

Thank You So Much for sharing your story brewmeister, this made me shed tears. Just a softy tonight I guess. Kinda like the saying " you dont know what you got, until it's gone."