Can someone give advice on my Mio p550

Hi I have a Mio P550 and every time I turn it on the date and time are set to 2006 I have to keep changing it. I turn the unit off at the bottom with the stylus when not using it. It is such a pain. Any ideas or does it just do this when turned off at the bottom? I know I can hunt around the net but it takes ages and I know someone here will know. I was being a good forum user and put it in the technology bit but no one answered. I sit here with hope in my heart lol.

There's a setting -somewhere, don't ask where* -that has a preference to turn the thing on if a button is pressed, or the screen is tapped...

Find it, turn it off - hey-presto!

*Took me a while to find it, but it's there, somewhere!

Also, to shut off, close "Running Programmes" then press "Off" button. Otherwise there could be a programme running in the backgroud.

From the User Manual Page 7

CAUTION: Always leave the ON/OFF switch in the ON position for normal operation

This turns the battery off and the unit will reset the date/time. Use the on/off on the front panel for turning the unit on and off in normal use. Unfortunately the manual doesn't tell you what the slide switch would be used for.

Chris (MrB)

I will try that but I do find it turns itself on when I do that as the front button is so easy to hit. If you know what I mean

If you go to Start > Settings > System > System Info > Autolock > Enable, you can avoid accidental switch on in that you have to press the screen in two different places or it will shut down. You may find this takes a bit of practice to press both spots in 5 seconds.

I will try that but I do find it turns itself on when I do that as the front button is so easy to hit. If you know what I mean

If you go to Start > Settings > System > System Info > Autolock > Enable, you can avoid accidental switch on in that you have to press the screen in two different places or it will shut down. You may find this takes a bit of practice to press both spots in 5 seconds.

i used to use an add on program to control turning on, but it caused too many problems. I know do exactly as listed above, and it makes a huge difference - i don't find the 5 sec interval too onerous, but it helps to have the stylus out and ready!