CACHES!

Mark Twain Lake State Park in Association with the US Army Corps of

Engineers is proud to present MOGA 2009. The St. Louis Area

Geocachers Association and the MOGA Staff will provide an event for

all geocachers regardless of physical ability. We will place over

100 permanent caches for this event. They will range anywhere from

4/4 to 1/1. All courses will be defined on maps so you can choose

your course.

This is the first year that the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, State Parks, has sponsored an event for geocaching. We are hoping for a great turnout so they will continue to sponsor this event in more of their parks.

This year, we have a totally free registration option for anyone coming to the event. Of course we will still have the packaged deals.

We are excited about this event and it should be the biggest and best ever. MOGA has become the largest geocaching competition in the world. We have well over 200 competitors in the competitions. However, you don't need to compete to find the caches. MOGA offers casual caching at it's best.

This event is about strolling through some of the most scenic areas of Missouri finding caches along the way. We have something for everyone including easy terrain but well hidden, clever caches. So much to offer in fact, we had over 30 people hiding these caches. Combined with past years caches, there are over 300 in the area.

Please check out the event page and website for full details. - http://coord.info/GC1DRV3

Thanks for all your support!

Mike

Edited by Brawny Bear

This may mark my 3rd year of wanting to go. I was excited when the event was on the Illinois side, I was thrilled when Mark Twain Lake became home MOAG. As my uncle lived south of Hanable I was able to watch some of the construction of the dam, camp in the now flooded campground and grab a cache on a trip to Clerence. At any rate this year I even have a sanction from the "Baroness" my mentor and brother-in -law Indy will be going, I could still have 2 more from the Chicago area carpool so if interested contact me.

I loved this years coin.

We got muddy, wet and snowed on. Some of the Park and grabs took us forever and the terrain wasn't nearly as bad as last years. Loved having them in smaller groups. The variety of caches was wonderful. A GREAT TIME.

I need the dates for next year so I can get it on the calendar. I don't want to miss it. If a choice between ticks and chiggers or snow and rain, I would choose the snow and rain. THANKS