Outdoors Lady finds #1500 at Governor Mountain / Monksville View

weathernowcast

Before I started geocaching a good friend of mine (with whom I have been on numerous outdoor adventures with during college) gave me one of those 50 Great Hikes in NJ books. It was quite tattered and I am fairly confidence he did most of the hikes in the book. It would be several years later that I would learn the book was written by a fellow geocacher. Small world. My friend actually stumbles upon geocaches all the time while hiking or biking throughout the Northeast, however, he is not much for technology and as such does not use GPS devices (even though he is an electrical engineer!).

Small rant while listening to mindless heavy metal rock but my point is 1) small world and 2) very good book.

50 Hikes in New Jersey and 50 Hikes in the Hudson Valley---Oh !!!!, I have both of those in my library, I even have the updated NJ version.

I think they are great.

I'll have to check those books out sometime, thanks!

50 hikes in Lower Hudson Valley

50 hikes in New Jersey

Both of these books are fantastic Geocaching compendiums. If you read the hikes and then go geocaching, the experience is much improved. I highly recommend it.