ReVisiting a found cache

WRWhizard

I'm pretty new to this (5 finds) but an immediately obvious question comes to mind.

Is it against the rules to revisit a cache (not your own) just to get a traveler and move it on?

I have done this several times- it is common for people to visit TB hotels to retrieve or make trades frequently. Have at it. I am sure the owners would like to see their TB's or coins moving.

It's fine to go back and re-visit any cache.

Just remember that it's usual to log any subsequent visits to a cache with a 'Write note' log, not another 'Found it' log.

MrsB :lol:

Some people do log another "found it". In fact, Jeremy himself has advocated this. Why not? You found it again.

IMO, the site 'find count' should show the count of 'Unique' finds, not all finds. That's the true bug.

Ahhh Great!

The reason I asked is cause I don't travel all that much, or if I do, it's on company time and they would not appreciate me being out in the bush when I'm supposed to be working. Eventually all the local caches will be found and being able to revisit once in a while would be nice.

The courtesies of not re-finding etc. are nice to know. I wondered what notes were for.

I suppose it would be common courtesy not to head out and scoop up a traveler before other seekers had a chance. For a busy cache it would be better to log a "discovered" rather than to take it eh? Where as one that is staying there for a while could use the help.

Just remember that it's usual to log any subsequent visits to a cache with a 'Write note' log, not another 'Found it' log.

Some people do log another "found it". In fact, Jeremy himself has advocated this. Why not? You found it again.

IMO, the site 'find count' should show the count of 'Unique' finds, not all finds. That's the true bug.

"Why not" log it as a second (or 3rd, or 4th, or 5th...) find? Well, if I've found something once then I know where it is. To me, the word 'found' implies that I was searching around for something, then I found it. If I know where it is, then I wouldn't claim to have 'found it' again! :) But, as we all know from reading these forums over and over again, "everyone plays the game their own way"... so... If someone wants to go back to find the same cache 100 times then claim their 100 Finds Achievement status...

smiley_shrug.gif

MrsB :)

I suppose it would be common courtesy not to head out and scoop up a traveler before other seekers had a chance. For a busy cache it would be better to log a "discovered" rather than to take it eh? Where as one that is staying there for a while could use the help.

You have my permission to move any of my bugs. Please don't let them sit there just because of some sense of etiquette. There are plenty enough for everyone.

Move them Bugs!

Edited by BlueDeuce

I have "found" my glasses, my wallet, my cell phone etc numerous times.. but they are usually in a new spot and I certainly take no credit or pleasure in finding the same thing over and over.

Naa, go get them. Some times a bug will sit there a long time before someone else finds it. The owners want them to keep moving. If you want to move it, then go ahead.

Right then, I guess I'll see about shuffling bugs around. I did manage to get out of town and nabbed one while doing a road trip for my job. This one is overdue to head back to Norway from the US. Any tips on how to encourage someone to take it with them when they fly? Might help to drop it near the airport huh?

Some people do log another "found it". In fact, Jeremy himself has advocated this.

I think this is quoted out of context.

I agree with this.

I agree with that too because you can't "find" something when you already know where it is.

Everyone here has said to go for it. Travel bugs are supposed to move around, so get to moving them! I agree with this, and while I rarely visit other caches for the purpose of retrieving or discovering a bug, I do occasional visit ones I own (especially one that has had several coins get stolen from it).

But here's the catch: you might find a local or two who are avid collectors of coin icons who get upset with you for "cheating". How is it cheating? You knew in advance where the cache was and could get to it faster than they could. They might complain, even bringing the complaint here or to your local forums. Ignore them. Go move bugs :yikes: