Canada Geocoins - North/South and East/West

Landsharkz

Ha! :lol:

I had a double post on this topic last night... (server hiccup) and it seems that TPTB have deleted the original thread with the pictures and left this one with no info :).

I'll re-write it all again (from memory) and post the images too.

Sorry folks, I didn't check back until now - we've just got hooked back up after moving to our new office :):laughing::laughing: . If you're in town... watch for the 'open house' coming up in a few weeks!

8bc2009a-182b-4939-8ee8-706587420c28.jpg

The glamour pic :-)

The North/South coin features a northern community in the winter on the North side, with a prairie farmer in the hot midday sun on the South side. The East/West coin features an east coast fisherman at dawn on the East side and a native village in the summer at sunset on the West side. Chris designed these in a typical Canadian folk art style.

These coins both feature new colours and new paint - Imitation Hard Enamel in regular and translucent with recessed detail, as well as pearlescent paint. The coins are 45mm x 3.5mm, trackable on geocaching.com and both have a custom icon.

Direct Product Link

I absolutely love these. I can't wait until they show up in the mail. The north coin reminds me so much of Flin Flon, MB which is where my husband is from (but it really isn't that far north :laughing: ) and the south one features the prairies which is where I grew up. Love them. They make me homesick and now I'm craving Timmies and maple syrup...also poutine! I'm french! :laughing:

edited to add: I also love how you snuck in the maple leaf in each side of the coins!

Edited by gardengorilla