Mailing Travel Bugs?

Team Foxx

Hello!

I am making a TB Hotel right off the highway at our family-owned buisness. I wanted to know if people from around the world could mail us travel bugs. I will give you the address to the buisness if you send me an email at foxx1090@gmail.com Please just send your name where you are from and the TB link. We are trying to get as much TBs as possible and would like travelers from all over the world. I would appreciate your help!

Foxx1090 :ph34r:

If you are the TB owner that would be fine. Never mail someone else's bug without their permission.

Also:

If a travel bug hotel is in a good spot for the quick and easy exchange of travel bugs, then an empty hotel won't stay empty long. People are always looking for a convenient place to drop bugs off. The owner of a well-placed hotel should actually be pleased if the hotel is occasionally empty, since it shows that the hotel is serving its purpose: to get bugs moving quickly. And if a hotel does stay empty for long periods of time without the cache owner continually raiding other caches to re-stock it, then it's not a good place for a travel bug hotel.

the hermit crabs 'Dec 2 2005

Edited by BlueDeuce

If you are the TB owner that would be fine. Never mail someone else's bug without their permission.

Also:

If a travel bug hotel is in a good spot for the quick and easy exchange of travel bugs, then an empty hotel won't stay empty long. People are always looking for a convenient place to drop bugs off. The owner of a well-placed hotel should actually be pleased if the hotel is occasionally empty, since it shows that the hotel is serving its purpose: to get bugs moving quickly. And if a hotel does stay empty for long periods of time without the cache owner continually raiding other caches to re-stock it, then it's not a good place for a travel bug hotel.

the hermit crabs 'Dec 2 2005

Hey, that's what I just noticed about a bug I dropped off at a cache. Someone took it the same day and put it into a GIANT cache he just created. It seems he's stockpiling bugs in his cache, but the cache is only available midnight to 2am a few nights a week. I feel like this bug will never get moving again! Grrr.

Asking for people to email you TBs is not the way to stock a good TB Hotel. You don't even need to stock a TB hotel. If it's a good hotel, it will happen all by itself. Never mail a TB without the owner's permission.

Please search TB hotel in these forums for other opinions about them. Do not make restrictions such as "You have to leave one if you take one". The goal of the TB supercedes the wishes of the cache owner. Such restrictions end up with the cache being labeled a TB Prison. Any cache is a good cache for a TB if it is placed correctly, and if the TB fits.

Stockpiling bugs that do not belong to you is just plain wrong.

We are trying to get as much TBs as possible...

You could collect a few TBs locally to start your hotel, but the more TBs there are the less likely it is that any one TB will get picked up. Also, a hotel with many TBs is a recipe for much heartbreak if it gets muggled, so try to keep the numbers down. Quality over quantity :unsure:.