[MAC] Loading maps to SD card?

I just received my new maps (City Navigator NT and Topo US) and decided to load them with the nw MAC software. Previously I had to use Windows virtual software to load to my VistaC. The idea of using Mac native software was compelling.

But I can't seem to distinguish between the main memory on the GPSr and the SD (2GB) installed card.

What I had hoped ... was that I could install a set of maps that would cover my usual area and be able to select and install other places to the SD card as needed.

I was able to select my "home" areas (generally unchanging) and load them to internal memory but I can't figure out how to load a different set to the SD card. Is this possible with the Mac software? If not, Why Not???? Cm'on, Garmin??!!!

Bill W

But I can't seem to distinguish between the main memory on the GPSr and the SD (2GB) installed card.

Hi Bill,

as Motorcycle_Mama said - there is no memory card in the Vista C and there is no internal map memory in the Vista Cx or Vista HCx.

The only difference is the connection mode - Garmin or MassStorage mode.

If you connect the Vista in Garmin mode you can select the Vista but the map memory is only on the storage card. If you connect the Vista in MapStorage mode you can select the storage card from MapInstall or from MacOS Finder.

Regards - Anton

Edited by macnetz