Geo Woodstock VII

niesr2

I was thinking of attending Geo Woodstock VII but I am not sure what a woodstock is all about. I would love to attend but need some encouragement! Any comments?

Well, I don't know if this is a reason to go or a reason to stay away, but I'll be there with my little famdamily for my 5th GW in a row. :)

23e2ba6b-5ee7-49e4-b788-3c5755ca1919.jpg

If you can find me and IF I haven't already run out, I'll give you one of my signature smashed coins. ;)

38afa2b0-8860-43c9-99f8-df12bd027ee6.jpg

The best reason to go is that this Bigfoot lookin' guy is hosting: :wub:B)

56263e03-753d-49b5-be3b-f4e4ad5b9b7b.jpg

I was thinking of attending Geo Woodstock VII but I am not sure what a woodstock is all about. I would love to attend but need some encouragement! Any comments?

I plan to be there and it'll be my first mega event. I really don't have a clue as to what goes on at the event, but I REALLY Want to find out! :wub::)

I plan to be there and it'll be my first mega event. I really don't have a clue as to what goes on at the event, but I REALLY Want to find out! ;) ;)

It will be our first mega event, too. I can hardly wait! See you there.

It's whatever you make it. It can be non-stop caching to set a new personal record or hanging out and meeting new people or going to the various events.

If you go, you won't find a nicer group of people, and you'll likely "hook up" with cachers you don't even know but end up having so much fun you spend the day with them and plan to meet again the next day...and maybe even continue the friendship long after GW is over.

We'll be there. Oh wait, you wanted ENcouragement. :)

GW6 was our first GeoWoodstock. We had a great time. We managed to attend a number of events before and after the actual Mega-Event, including a stop for an event in Nevada on the way. We met cachers from all over the world, did a whole whack of caching, had a great meal, shopped for Geocaching wares and everything in between.

This year will be different for us since we are flying down instead of driving. We won't have nearly as much room to bring back ammo cans, but we are have convinced some friends of ours to come down with us.

This will be my 5th GW, I missed the 1st and 6th, and hope that I will miss no more.

Each one has been a blast, all of them exciting, and it seems like each is better than the one before.

I go at least by Wednesday and if possible the Saturday before GW and hook up with cachers from all over during the week to cache the area.

Camp at the event site if you can... I found that when staying in a hotel you are somewhat cut off from so much of the fun.

Starting with the Friday night event GW is a great weekend of socialization. It's all about meeting new people and enjoying being with those whom you know.

I will say this... I have twice taken people who were pretty much loners and wall-flower types when in a crowd... that's a mistake, there's nothing at GW for them. GW is all about the people. Arrive, jump right in and introduce yourself to strangers, you will leave with a bunch of new friends.

There are always numbers runs around GW, sign up for one... you will find that it's really not about the numbers at all, it's about the fun you'll have with a group going after them.

Lastly, I know the hosts of this one well; I can promise you that they will pull off a great fun event!