Location pointer NOT on the street, should it be?

dostuffgps

I'm fairly new to this hobby, and got an Oregon 400t for Christmas. Of course it comes loaded with the Topo 2008, and I have ordered the Micro SD card for City Navigator NT, but when I use what I have, the position pointer is not on the street I am traveling on (it is off to one side, in the rough as it were), should it be and will this be corrected with the City Navigator? I have tried the screen calibration and this did not make a difference. Any help or explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks, dostuffgps

After knowing what it was called..."Lock On Road", I looked it up in the manual and it does have that feature, but it also states "(requires routable maps)." I think that is refering to City Navigator. I have ordered City Navigator and am waiting for the SD card to arrive.

Thanks to everyone who helped me understand this problem. This also seems to be a good way to be sure and sell the City Navigator software, huh?

After knowing what it was called..."Lock On Road", I looked it up in the manual and it does have that feature, but it also states "(requires routable maps)." I think that is refering to City Navigator. I have ordered City Navigator and am waiting for the SD card to arrive.

Thanks to everyone who helped me understand this problem. This also seems to be a good way to be sure and sell the City Navigator software, huh?