Cointest: What's on your bucket list?

LadeBear68

This is a cointest for a Tsunrisebey Dragonfly Talisman bucket list geocoin. If you saw the movie, Bucket list, you know what it is. For those who don't, the bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you die. The cointest is to list five things on your bucket list. The winner will be chosen by random on Sunday, January 4 at 11:59 p.m.

Edited by LadeBear68

1) Take a trip on my motorcycle through all the US states except maybe Hawaii.

2) Climb Mt Wilson again. I made it once with Tod and a friend, would like to get there again.

3) Bike ride across the USA from MI to CA...this is a pedal bike trip.

4) Completely walk the AT.

5) Take a 90 day cruise. I've been on many crusies, one was a 14 day Hawaiian cruise, but none were long enough to suit me. I know they have these loger crusies, I would love to take one!

Find a cache in every state

Find a waypoint 15 coin so I can rub Mustang Joni's nose in it LOL (Actually I would probably give it to her)

Make a caching run across Europe

Hit the lottery so I could buy my dream cache mobile (A helicopter)

Get my picture on the cover of Rolling Stone (Gonna buy 5 copies for my mother)

I haven't seen the movie, but understand the concept, and I think it's an interesting idea. If I could be said to have a bucket list, it would include:

o Raise a good person (contributes to society, has a constructive moral code, etc)

o Fund an endowment that provides scholarships for sequential artists (cartoonists/comic book artists)

o Fund an endowment that provides scholarships for persons researching sustainable practices

o See the curvature of the Earth with my own eyes

o Write a novel

Of course, I am also interested in doing sequential art, participating in sustainable practices (e.g., putting solar panels up on my house's roof, reusing rainwater, etc), and so forth but beyond the two things I want to do for myself, what I really want to do is something that persists beyond me. Does it count if you want to do something that will still be going on after you kick the bucket? : )

Thanks for the cointest!

Edited by Jackalgirl

Happy new year to all!!!!! :D

Oh! what is in my list???? My list has simple things to read but to difficult to achive in our days!!!

1) Find real love! they say that real love comes only once in your life...if you are lucky! I hope I will find it and I really hope that love didn't came and I was not there!

2) To make a beautiful and healthy family, full of love, and a wife who will have eyes only for me and our children! I hope to live in happiness too! that includes from feeling until...lots of money! :D

3) To see my children be happy, make their own families, have a good job, have good characters and upbringing! Actually...Be a successful parent and husband!

4) When me and my wife get old, to have someone to look after us, and.. To die before my children! I know that this doesn't sound good, but think about it....

5) One of the biggest things I would like to do is... TO LIVE! I want to live my life! I want when the time to leave this place comes, to say to my children...I lived my life! I hope you will do that too!

Ok, ok.... I would like to do something material....

To manage and visit all the countries in our planet! I want to see other places, other cultures, other civilizations... by that way maybe I will manage to collect at least one cheap banknote from every country and finally enter in Guinness Book of Records! I am close!!! :D

My few things that I'll be pissed about if I have not done when taking my last gasp :D

-To visit the USA again and do and see all the touristy things we missed our first time around.

-Visit Alaska (2012 we hope if the exchange rate improves and I have not spent all my cash on coins)

-One day walk the whole of the Bibbulmun Track (maybe when I retire if my knees are still working as it is a Loooong walk) :D

I'm not actually entering the contest because I already have the coin :D However I just wanted to post my Bucket List idea for 2009. I have a number of things on my list as a matter of fact I have a small corkboard at home with pictures, notes, etc. for myself that encompasses many things on my Bucket List :D I take them down as I accomplish them and I add new ones as I go along.

I really enjoyed the movie much like I enjoyed reading 'The Last Lecture', these usually inspire me to push myself, think out of the box, and move outside my comfort zone.

In Memory of Cowboy, the 2009 Bucket List;

http://www.tsunrisebey.com/45201.html

ah, my bucket list is large but here a few:

1. wade in both Pacific and Atlantic oceans

2. write a book about the crazy dreams I have when I sleep

3. fly in a plane (I have panic attacks)

4. weigh under 175 lbs

5. travel the country in an rv with no time limit

mrs catsnfish :D

Happy new year to all!!!!! :D

Oh! what is in my list???? My list has simple things to read but to difficult to achive in our days!!!

1) Find real love! they say that real love comes only once in your life...if you are lucky! I hope I will find it and I really hope that love didn't came and I was not there!

2) To make a beautiful and healthy family, full of love, and a wife who will have eyes only for me and our children! I hope to live in happiness too! that includes from feeling until...lots of money! :D

3) To see my children be happy, make their own families, have a good job, have good characters and upbringing! Actually...Be a successful parent and husband!

4) When me and my wife get old, to have someone to look after us, and.. To die before my children! I know that this doesn't sound good, but think about it....

5) One of the biggest things I would like to do is... TO LIVE! I want to live my life! I want when the time to leave this place comes, to say to my children...I lived my life! I hope you will do that too!

Ok, ok.... I would like to do something material....

To manage and visit all the countries in our planet! I want to see other places, other cultures, other civilizations... by that way maybe I will manage to collect at least one cheap banknote from every country and finally enter in Guinness Book of Records! I am close!!! :D

Your list sounds so romantic. I hope you fulfill #1 in 2009 and each of the following happen soon for you - EXCEPT THE DIEING ONE OF COURSE.

Here's my list:

1. See each of my kids happy, content and productive.

2. Take a month to travel and cache - NO TIME CONSTRAINTS OR APPTS. TO WORRY ABOUT.

3. Visit India (my oldest son is from Calcutta)

4. Go camping in Montana

5. Take a full summer off just to travel with the kids.

SORRY I have to add a 6th one

6. to make it through checkout with a turtle in my cart.

Oh my! How do I limit it to just 5!?!

1) Go diving somewhere I can see some of the BIG stuff: whale sharks, manta rays, etc!!!

2) Go on a Single Malt tour of Scotland

3) Find a cache in every province and territory in Canada

4) Visit Nepal and climb to the base camp at Mt. Everest.

5) Visit the Netherlands again so all my kids can meet their Oma.

Visit every country in the world +Antarctica.

Circumnavigate the world on a tallship.

Retire.

Marry someone who made it to the top 10 most beautiful women in the world list.

Win this cointest.

id also like to find waldo,,,he he he
I already have using sat photos. He's on top of a building in Vancouver.

> Visit Australia, New Zealand & Tasmania for a looooooong time - perhaps move there.

> Geocache in all 50 US states

> Find my Soul Mate & live with him for the rest of my life (I may have already found him so I may be able to cross this one off :wub:)

> Win the Lottery (? ok, why not?)

> Live long enough to see world peace.

CF30

Amazing; the only posts I've read and responded to today are ones that require some introspection. Seems appropriate, somehow... :):wub: Anyway, in no particular order...

A. Donate land to a park.

B. Visit Ireland, and maybe the rest of the British Isles.

C. Experience weightlessness.

D. Read every book that I've bought over the past 56 years, as well as every one that I will buy in the future.

E. Attend an opera at Bayreuth, at the Met, and at Covent Garden, a ballet in St. Petersburg and in Paris, and a concert of the New York Philharmonic and at the Concertgebouw. We've already attended an opera at La Scala in Milan, and a chamber music concert in Venice ;) Call this more than one, if you wish; it's all related, so I think of it as one thing.

Thanks for asking!

2009 Bucketlist

1. Surgery - Have it. Survive it. Benefit from it.

2. Kiss Diabetes Goodbye.

3. Buy a new Mountain bike.

4. Meet LoriDarlin

5. Once I've reached a comfortable Milestone from my Surgery, Go Caching with Chris & Cher.

What an amazing year it will be, if it works out.

Oh boy, this is a tough one but here goes.

1. Take the family on a vacation to Egypt (been a life-long dream to visit the Pyramids).

2. Be financially secure (so I can dedicate more time to caching and collecting coins).

3. Buy a house big enough for two or three more kids (actually, this is the wife's wish :wub: ).

4. Visit Australia.

5. Cache in every State and Country.

I have been lucky enough to cross some off my list like skydiving (even though it was tandem) and getting a full arm sleeve tattoo but 5 from my list would be, in no particular order:

1-Build a chopper motorcycle.

2-Visit Egypt, specifically the Sphinx and the Pyramids.

3-Earn my black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Just started to train this year and am still a white belt, four degrees to each belt in white,blue,purple,brown then black.

4-Build a log cottage/lodge with enough room for ALL of my family to be able to come to at the same time like for holidays and things like that.

5-Build a rat rod (this may be started later this year).

These are just a few from the list that I have. Thanks for the cointest, it's great to see other peoples lists.

This is a great cointest, thanks!

Holmbiorn has had a list written down since before I met him, but mine is in my head and changes based on the day... So here is todays version of my bucket list.

1. Live long enough to see womens health and reproductive medicine adequately funded in the US so that...

2. We can have a house full of happy, healthy babies!

3. Have the financial means to learn about geography by traveling the world and *seeing* different cultures and ways of life.

4. Write a book.

5. Sail a sailboat to all of the underwater parks in the world and dive in them.

Good Gointest...Here are five things I'd like to do before I kick the Bucket...

1. Attend the New Years Celebration at Times Square in New York.

2. Attend the Independance Day Fireworks in Washington, D.C.

3. Attend a Space Shuttle Launch, and a Landing(or whatever they replace the Shuttle with)

4. Bicycle from Reno, NV south then through Yosemite National Park, and then back up to Sacramento(or Davis), CA

5. Complete a 10K run.

All very Do-able I think???

Here is my list:

1. Go to Point Barrow, Alaska (the northernmost point in the US). (I've been to Alaska before,

but didn't make it above the Arctic Circle. I've also been to the southernmost point in the US,

so that's another reason why I'd like to go to the northernmost point).

2. Take a very long vacation all around the country in a motorhome.

3. Find a geocache in every state. (Which would also mean taking a cruise to Hawaii because

I don't want to fly).

4. Visit Australia. (again without flying)

5. Do something to help homeless dogs (and other small animals).

My List:

1) To dance with my daughter at her wedding

2) To have an abundant number of grandchildren to cache with (if that doesn't happen soon I'll have to steal the little girl next door, her parents said it was ok)

3) To visit each Continent

4) To be health when I reach the age of 75

5) To leave this world a better place when I’m gone

Holmbiorn has had a list written down since before I met him, but mine is in my head and changes based on the day... So here is todays version of my bucket list.

I did write down a list, long ago after reading "The 100 things to do before you die" My brother and I both wrote down our own 100 things. Over the years some things have been crossed off, other things have been added. My current top 5 would be....

1 - To have children and see them grow up well.

2 - To take our future kids to Disneyland and/or DisneyWorld

3 - Geocache around the World

4 - Build our Dream Home on a nice plot of land (preferably near the ocean)

5 - Write a Book (Hey I just realized, I have done this one. I wrote a childrens book for Sofi)

Ok... New # 5

Have a successful business, be financialy independant and have enough income that my families needs and wants will always be taken care of without stressing over money.

Sofi already entered the cointest, so consider mine as part of her entry.

Thanks for the Cointest!

I want to go to a Patriot's Game.

I want to go to Nascar at New Hampshire.

I want to see my son Get Married and Have Children.

I want to get THE WHOLE FAMILY together for Christmas.

I want to take my picture standing at the PERRY, MAINE sign.

Opalsns

hmmmm hard to decide what to put on my bucket list. Never really gave it a lot of thought until now...

1) Alaskan cruise

2) visit New Zealand

3) get a motor home and just drive around Canada and the US

4) grow old with my hubby and watch Beky grow up...you'll find us in rocking chairs holding hands playing with grandkids and tell them lots of crazy stories about geocoins. LOL

5) appreciate each day

You know I see another thread starting after this one "All the things I've done that are on someones bucket list" :)

I won't start but reading these threads has gotten me thinking what a luckey person I am having done some of them. :wub:

Except for one: Fluttershy - May Your Wishes come True! GB

1) to have a nice digital camera to call my own

2) Have my arm covered in a sleeve of tattos

3) Spend one weekend in the woods alone hunting squirrel

4) Go on a weekend motorcylce ride

5) To live on at least 40acres of land (wooded)

Assuming that I will see my daughters grow up and have kids they are not on the list.

Otherwise my list is not that extravagent! But that is why it is "list". :wub: