COINTEST: New Year's Release for Todie's Wild Ride

Rockin Roddy

NEW YEAR'S RELEASE COINTEST!!!

OK....we have Robert awarding 5 new coins to our overseas friends, we have the phrase cointest going...let's make it interesting! I was going to post this in the Todie's Wild Ride thread, but thought it might get more attention here...plus we have a few cointests already going in there and would hate to get it all confusing (like it isn't already lol)

For today and tomorrow ONLY, we're going to hold a cointest for the releasers of new coins! Since it's only a two day event, let's see how many of us are willing to release AT LEAST 5 coins of their own for the Todie's Wild Ride! All who release 5 coins for the Todie's Wild Ride race will be thrown into a drawing for a Roth's personal coin!! This is a great coin which I think is fairly scarce in the coin world, I might be mistaken about this though!!

RULES:

Same as always, HAVE FUN! The coins MUST be released before MIDNIGHT Jan 1 MY TIME (EST). All who release 5 coins will be in the drawing, the coin will be shipped to you shortly after the drawing (depending on my money situation, maybe right after). All coins MUST be set up according to the Todie's Wild Ride guidelines and MUST come from your own collection (awarded coins DO NOT COUNT). You MUST report ALL 5 in the same post so we don't have any confusion. Any more rules deemed needed could be added at any time and I have final say of course! Please report all coins here, and then post the reference numbers ALSO in the Todie's Wild Ride thread...I know, a bit more work, but will make it somewhat easier on poor old me (and Maine Family, she's been so great at keeping the list current).

PRIZE:

Our friend Bryan Roth has given us his personal coin for use as a prize, this is what you're working for! The coin is in the shape of a postage stamp and features Bryan and his family, a very nice coin and a great addition to anyone's collection!

Well, get digging through those coins and GET THEM RELEASED!!! :D

Edited by Rockin Roddy

OK....no need to release the coins today or tomorrow, just get them set up and release them as soon as possible! Since it's a race, I'm sure everyone will do their part to get them out!!

Also, no need to stop at 5, if you want to go for 10 or more, then that's more entries and you'll be "stacking the deck" in your favor a bit more!!

I should have been more clear about that, I said release, but activated and dedicated to the Todie's Wild Ride mission is what I'm looking for, you can drop them any time you can, please do so ASAP though!! Sorry!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

OK, my five new entries are activated and their pages are complete! All I need to do now is to finish up their tags and get them started on their journey. Here are my five newest entries into Todies Wild Ride:

TB2QA7F Todie's Wild Ride: Become more aware of motorcyclists

TB2CXFB Todie's Wild Ride: Check your blind spot

TB2C3E2 Todie's Wild Ride: Save a Biker

TB2H84P Todie's Wild Ride: Look twice, Save a life

TB2QABJ Todie's Wild Ride: Why didn't I see that motorcycle?

OK, my five new entries are activated and their pages are complete! All I need to do now is to finish up their tags and get them started on their journey. Here are my five newest entries into Todies Wild Ride:

GREAT JOB!!! Our first participant, you are currently a "shoe-in" for the prize!! :D THANKS, my friend, much appreciated!

Got two of the five out into the wild today!

Just activated two more for TWR!!

TB2PR7V Todie's Wild Ride: The SEE system

TB2MQ1A Todie's Wild Ride: Scooters are bikes too...

edited to add links... DOH...

Edited by JohnMac56

Remember, 5 is the magic number to enter, each 5 is another entry! So far, the two contestants have a 50-50 shot, anyone else want in?? The prize is a Rothstafari personal (well Roth personal, but that's his user name).

I would love to see more entered, but time is running out!! Dig deep and find some coins you're willing to watch move about and help spread bike awareness, it's a great cause and is fun to get those emails! The prize really is a fairly HTF coin, so the prize as well as the cause is a good reason to participate!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

oh well I got 3 placed, guess im going to miss out, the next ammo box is to far to get to LOL and its late an im lazy.

You don't need to physically place the coins in a cache today, just have th coins named and ready to go! As long as you place them soon, you're good to go. Since this is a race, the sooner the better for you!! Post the reference numbers here and in the Todie's Wild Ride and you're entered!

RELEASE OVER!

I had hoped E&C and Prince would have joined in, but we did get some more added, THANKS for participating! Looks like 3 entries, let me figure something out!

I'll make an announcement soon! THANKS for helping spread bike awareness and for upping our release count, that's great!! The more coins out, the better chance of our message reaching people!

Ooops, guys, I almost forgot all about this. Sorry about that!! Here's what I will do...I can send the winner the Roth coin OR, I could send each of you a coin. I think the each coin thing, so here's my idea:

I am working on a coin, it won't be out for awhile yet! It's going to be right along the lines of Todie's Wild Ride and will be a personal...but IT WON'T BE OUT FOR AWHILE!!!

How about each of you three email me and let me know what you want to do...either wait for the production (could be months now) or I can dig through my coins and find something worthy of the cointest for each while also giving out the Roth to whoever wins the draw (this would be what I would have done, except I'm offering everyone a coin). Either way, all three of you will get a coin!!

Your choice, don't hold back! Let me know via email and I'll go from there!!!

Ooops, guys, I almost forgot all about this. Sorry about that!! Here's what I will do...I can send the winner the Roth coin OR, I could send each of you a coin. I think the each coin thing, so here's my idea:

I am working on a coin, it won't be out for awhile yet! It's going to be right along the lines of Todie's Wild Ride and will be a personal...but IT WON'T BE OUT FOR AWHILE!!!

How about each of you three email me and let me know what you want to do...either wait for the production (could be months now) or I can dig through my coins and find something worthy of the cointest for each while also giving out the Roth to whoever wins the draw (this would be what I would have done, except I'm offering everyone a coin). Either way, all three of you will get a coin!!

Your choice, don't hold back! Let me know via email and I'll go from there!!!

Closed at the request of the OP.

Look twice, then look again. Watch for anything that moves. Bikes come in all sizes, starting with little tricycles. Drive defensively, and be prepared for the unexpected. Make sure your brakes are in good working condition. Use your headlights. Use your mirrors. Leave plenty of room between you and the car in front of you for stopping room. Keep your windshield clean, and free from glare. Keep your headlights clean from grime, so they shine brightly at night. And keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel.